Activision Considering Online Service for Call of Duty?

MrPop

May 14, 2009
Well I was thinking of buying the new COD seeing as all my friends will be playing it but if this is going to happen... It will probably just end up as 'DLC' which we probably should have been given in the first place.

RusticMonkey

Mar 14, 2009
ChromeAlchemist said:
From a business standpoint, genius. People ARE going to want these minor things, especially when they see people running around maps with 'cool looking gear' (which you could easily do yourself in CoD 4 PC). If this game actually sells more than Modern Warfare 2, they could be buying a small country in the future.
Exactly. The publishers are on to us. They know we'll pay for E-Peen.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
what? a new way to rip us off our money by making us pay for subscriptions?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Credge

Apr 12, 2008
Keane Ng said:
As in the game updates itself without you having to download a patch and suffer downtime.
As in like just about every other PC game on the planet?

Pasta Lamp

Apr 1, 2009
MMORPGs get away with a monthly fee because their servers are huge, and they regularly update for many years. Look at how much WoW has changed since release (even ignoring the expansions, the UI and feature list has changed radically from patches) and other MMOs like Eve Online rely solely on patches to expand. If IW is willing to stick with MW2 for several years, and add maps on a monthly basis, it might be worth it. But if they're just going to give you some nice stat tracking then pump out another sequel, an online service won't work.

DrWee

Jun 14, 2009
I would not like this at all. I'm sure this has been brought up already, but I don't think it's right for a company to charge me for something that could have been and should have been included in the original product. It almost seems like they would hold out on including some of the new features, game modes and whatnot so that they could sell it a month later. Just my 2 cents.

Ushario

Mar 6, 2009
No I would not purchase 'additional features'.

Its simply greed on their part, the addition of new features to the latest release in their series is something they should be doing anyway.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
So, high prices, no special edition for PC owners and now this? Why don't they rename the game
"Consumer fuckery: Fuck you till you like it"