Activision Expects DJ Hero to be a Slow Starter

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
No one i know wants to get this, some even like the music but lets face it if your going to pretend to be anything in music its a rock band

Warrior Irme

May 30, 2008
After listening to several of the remixes I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. Haven't gotten to play the game yet, as I assume most of the people who are talking trash about it also have not. When I do test it with a couple of friends I may need to pick it up if it is fun, because that is all that matters with a game.

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
From what I hear, its a good game, so hopefully the gamble will pay off.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
I think if they stick to just guitar hero, they'd do just fine. Once they start to branch off in to diffrent types of ______hero they run into problems

justblues

Jan 11, 2009
it gonna have a slow start no mistake about that, but its really got a chance since it captureing those b-boy days when everyone wanted to scratch plus it has a variety to playing it which seems really cool. I might wait till i try the demo but im excited about it.

Credge

Apr 12, 2008
Xzi said:
I hope it dies a slow, painful death. Rap is the worst thing to ever happen to music. With country being in a close second.
As much as I agree, this isn't rap. It's Hip Hop, which is a completely different beast.

SMOKEMNHALO2001

Sep 10, 2008
Something like that. DJ and hip-hop/dance gives off a much different vibe, and fans of that sort of music are less game-oriented than rock/metal fans.[/quote]
Says who? I like some rap and dance music and I've been playing games for 2 decades.
I for one hope DJ HERO sells well, it's really fun and so far only jaded people or people who doesn't like music based games are iffy about it.

SMOKEMNHALO2001

Sep 10, 2008
JusticarPhaeton said:
swaki said:
i have the same view on this game now as i did before i tried the demo/when i first heard about it, nerds/gamers dont like dance music, it reminds us about hundreds of rejections where as classic rock music reminds us of all the fun times at the bar/pub/basement of a friend, but its sorta fun to play but ive never been a fan of the music games and never will be, also everybody wants to be a rock god, but its very few gamers that want to be a pop/dance disc scratcher whit a sideways hat and a popped collar.

most likely gonna be a flop, but im hoping to be proved wrong, it may not be moving away from the music games but its something different.
Something like that. DJ and hip-hop/dance gives off a much different vibe, and fans of that sort of music are less game-oriented than rock/metal fans.
Says who? I like some rap and dance music and I've been playing games for 2 decades.
I for one hope DJ HERO sells well, it's really fun and so far only jaded people or people who doesn't like music based games are iffy about it.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Xzi said:
I hope it dies a slow, painful death. Rap is the worst thing to ever happen to music. With country being in a close second.
Lucky this is neither rap or country then, isn't it! This is called Dance Music, possibly Hip Hop, depending on the particular songs they've chosen to mix.

Therefore, I can assume you'll hope it will prosper?

Guy32

Jan 4, 2009
I'll likely wait for some reviews first, but based on what I've seen so far I'm definitely considering it.

DeadlyYellow said:
Is it wrong to assume there will be quite a few problems with the disc scratching?
lmao

TheTygerfire

Jun 26, 2008
So the game they've been claiming has "more mainstream appeal" than Guitar Hero won't sell because people don't know what a DJ game is like?

Right.....

Supreme Unleaded

Aug 3, 2009
i think if i was 3 years younger id be more interested then i am, however im not so this game is already a pass for me. Maybe ill play it at a friends house or something.

qazmatoz

Sep 17, 2009
The demo I played at Best Buy was probably the furthest thing from being fun ever.

bakonslayer

Apr 15, 2009
It will definitely be a sleeper hit, I don't doubt it will be bad and I think it is a good break from the Guitar Hero franchise. It's been advertised well enough, the game itself doesn't look bad, Daft Punk always brings crowds, and the music on it is well rounded enough (but not dirge like the most recent Guitar Hero games). However, at the price it is right now there is no way it can sell hot solely because of how foreign it is.

That doesn't mean I'm not frickin' excited out of my mind for it, though! YES!

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
If I was interested in buying stupid fucking peripherals, I might consider this game. Since I'm not, however, I will just look up the track list and feel superior when I find out I already own all of the quality songs this game will ever have.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
Amnestic said:
Focusing on in-store demos seems like a...bad strategy for the UK. Most every store I visit never seem to have their in-store machines switched on. Perhaps I've just been unlucky and others in the UK have had a different experience, but relying on such a thing - from my experience - might not make them the sales they want.
The only game store in my local area has two preview screens that run new-release trailers, they're usually broken.

And a Guitar Hero: World Tour demo that had from the get-go a dodgy drum (that you had to stand up to play) besides that it's never turned on anyway.

So I think your view on them is pretty spot on.

OT:

So yeah, popular opinion seems to already assure this thing isn't gonna sell to anyone besides the douchebags in the UK.
And even then, half the time they'll be too busy driving there shitty cars too fast playing the music from speakers that are too loud and trying to stab people to even play the game...

WORTHWHILE!