Activision Expects DJ Hero to be a Slow Starter

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
laserwulf said:
ravens_nest said:
...Now you can pretend to play someone who presses the play button on a stereo to play music?
You obviously have no idea what a DJ is capable of. Thank you sir, and good day.
On the contrary, I know exactly what your average DJ is capable and it is precisely not much at all. I see nothing amazing about playing one track after another of the generic bilge that is club music. Mixing tracks is not hard at all. Before you say I wouldn't know anything about the skills or techniques, I would have you know that I do because I have learned how to do so. Yes, on real decks, with real vinyls and yes, I was taught how to do it from a real DJ... Matching the bpm's of two pieces of music and playing them simultaneously isn't what i'd call the makings of a virtuoso performance. Making dance music from scratch isn't hard either. I don't hate it, but it does not take much skill or musical abillity to create or even remix a song. Knowing what to play next and adapting to crowd reaction is not exactly rocket science.

There are some incredible DJ's out there, like DJ Yoda, Sir Mix-a-Lot and the Excutioners etc. But they are exceptionally talented and very rarely do you find DJ's of their calibre.

Now pretending to do something which by definition isn't hard to do. It's almost as pointless as learning to play a guitar with five frets and one string...