Activision: We're Still the Same Fun Bunch of Guys

Zenode

Jan 21, 2009
Spyro: Year of the Dragon was the ONLY game i have ever done 100% to the end degree, every rubee in the world, every secret, every fucking egg, EVERYTHING and now your doing THAT to him.

I have fond memories of that damn dragon and you've DESTROYED THOSE MEMORIES.

I refuse to forgive you, you heartless bastards!

nyttyn

Sep 9, 2008
A ha ha ha ha hah

Wait are they serious? This is the same damned economy which put, and I remind you, a "lockdown" on IW ward, withheld their benifits as long as possible, and didn't pay the makers of a billion dollar game their benifits?

No, activiosn. Fuck you.

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
People don't hate Activision because they're number one. People hate Activision because they openly state goals to milk the consumer, abuse their franchises with frequent unnecessary sequels, they overcharge for practically everything, and their insistence at how great they are.

Everything they touch increases in price by 15-90% (depending on region), and then they charge for what could easily be free, which is enough to see them with a gold-encrusted greed filter.

Want to fight that image? Slow the hell down with the sequels and make sure when they do come out, they innovate beyond the previous one. Stop charging for map-packs. Stop marking up the prices for Australians. Stop marking up the prices for everyone else. Stop showing pride in milking people for their money. That'll stop you from doing worse, but you'll need some generous gesture to demonstrate you're not the greedy goliath you claim you're falsely accused of.

Whether or not the people are nice is irrelevant. You're a company. In the eyes of the people and the law, the company is it's own entity, and it's not doing a good job at making itself look good.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
It sounds like they got the same lame PR person the republicans have:
"We really regular okay people like you... really... sincerely."

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
lol

o this is so comical to read.

I never considered any of the big brand publisher to be "warm and cuddly" or had it ever crossed my mind that they were the "scrappy, loveable number 2" Talk about delusions of themselves.

I despise EA also but at the very least their CEO doesn't come out and say they want to take the fun out of game making, or proclaim to milk a franchise dry. EA does that, but they have enough sense to not proclaim it to the world.

beema

Aug 19, 2009
This is a story from The Onion, right?

Do these morons expect anyone to take this seriously, or that this kind of ludicrously silly press release will actually win them back favor from an audience who despises them?

If anything, this is the impression I get from this press release:

Mr Maniacal

Dec 17, 2010
Your end will come soon in the courts. and soon by our own hand buying the compeditors product. EA too. Small developers will always prevail. simply because david beat goliath

IronStorm9

Jun 15, 2010
teqrevisited said:
Dr. Paine said:
AAaahh Jesus Christ kill it with fire!

Anyway, now that I'm over another one of my nostalgic classics being brutally raped, the first step to undoing the aura of evil money-grabbing bastardness would be to remove Kotick from his skull throne and replace him with someone who at least doesn't deliberately say things to piss people off.
Wait, Activision are the people responsible for turning the main character of my first 3D platformer into an abomination? They're responsible for altering the game from a 3D platformer to a shitty, God-of-War-style hack-and-slasher? They're the one's who I can blame for not being able to get past the first world in The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning?! GRAAAAAAAAAAAGH! KOTICK MUST DIE!

Anyway,

At least now I have a scapegoat! Why would you give every enemy in a platformer a health bar? WHY?!