Activision: We're Still the Same Fun Bunch of Guys

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
That it's a hard-driving, profit-driven company is bad enough, but the way it's so unabashed about it is what really seems to drive people nuts;
That's why I'm growing to like them.

Gaming's a business...In a way, because they treat it so purely as such, they respect gaming as a form of media more than many of us. I seriously saw someone that said he didn't need to play Dragon Age or Mass Effect, because he played KOTOR before.

Games are a whiny, arrogant, bunch of pricks, only satisfied with AAA, epic, amazing, innovate titles, supposedly. Who then go out and buy barely improved sequels, and I'm not just talking CoD, but also games like L4D2, etc. And then me let most of the "innovative" new IPs rot in the water. Activision realizes this, and responded by handing out sequel after sequel. It sunk Guitar Hero, but led to MASSIVE success for CoD. They still walked away with massive profits, due to Guitar Hero's comparatively low dev costs. And they still plan on using the "Hero" name in the future, too.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
This makes no sense. "We haven't changed at all! Sure our corporate culture, vision, development philosophy, leadership and motivations have changed but we're the same! Really!"

MegaManOfNumbers

Mar 3, 2010
Ahahahahaha....

oh your serious?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! SUUUUURE you are!

Seriously, stop Bullshitting us.

Yoh3333

Feb 7, 2011
irishda said:
Irridium said:
irishda said:
Irridium said:
These are the guys who dropped Brutal Legend because it couldn't be exploited every year. They instead kept Crash Bandicoot, Ice Age, and Spyro.

Fun-loving my ass.
Wait...people are putting Jack Black Legend above Crash Bandicoot and Spyro?
Have you seen whats been done to Spyro and Crash?

With Crash they seem to have at least let him die. With Spyro, well, look at this:

I mean holy shit, I'd gladly take Jack Black over that... thing
yes, he does look different, and therefore, without having actually played this game, it's safe to assume that this will be an unholy abomination upon everything that stands good and true in this world.
omfg!
I never even knew they were makeing more spyro games! :eek: saw one a couple of years back but that... thing... that is not spyro!
Good god it looks EVIL! thats not how i remember spyro ;(

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
Dr. Paine said:
AAaahh Jesus Christ kill it with fire!

Anyway, now that I'm over another one of my nostalgic classics being brutally raped, the first step to undoing the aura of evil money-grabbing bastardness would be to remove Kotick from his skull throne and replace him with someone who at least doesn't deliberately say things to piss people off.

Thorvan

May 15, 2009
Yeah, remember when Bizzare openly stated that you screwed with their insides, pushed unwanted projects on them and generally chewed them up and spat them out without mercy?

Yeah...

Dr_Horrible

Oct 24, 2010
Activision: We're Still the Same Fun Bunch of Guys
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Actually, this is quite depressing. After all, it means that they're so evil or so stupid to think this trick will work.
Or maybe they believe it themselves... OH SH- *head explodes*

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
Nice try dan but we all know you are a cleverly programmed bot no doubt put out to confuse and trick everyone into actually liking the shitbag corporation that is Activision.

Just wanted you to know, I still don't like you people and I still won't be buying any of your games...

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
"we're still the same lovable, hard-working bunch of guys we've always been."​

RIIIIIIGHT...

Sorry guys, you sold your souls for corporate suits; your artists are at the very bottom of the food chain in the industry now.

Spawny0908

Feb 11, 2009
Drake_Dercon said:
Power ruins people. It's a fact.
Amen. Abe Lincoln said it best "Any man can handle adversity, if you want to test a man's character, give him Power."

SpaceCop

Feb 14, 2010
D'aww, PR damage control. We don't want investors jumping ship from a company with a bad image, now, do we?

Really, though, compared to Blizzard's money machine, what does Activision actually add to this equation besides hilariously infuriating practices and disingenuous quotes?

The Hungry Samurai

Hungry for Truth
Apr 1, 2004
Seriously guys, that's not fair let's give them a chance......ahhh who am I kidding kotick is Satan as long as he is in their ranks they can all die in a fire for what they did to music games. ;)

wizard_joe88

Nov 12, 2010
Is it just me or are Kotick's underlings trying to cover for him? It just seems like Kotick is saying one thing (most of the time it's along the lines of "BWAHAHAHAHAAH, you need our games more than we need you little peoples, so pay up to your videogame overlords!!") But at the same time, his employees are trying to say "No! NO! we aren't evil! Ignore our boss, he's just having some fun!"
Maybe they need to invest in some Kotick-proof duct-tape, that should at least give their PR guys a chance to recover Activision's strained relationship with gamers.