Actors And Roles You Can't Separate Them From

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I am wholly unfamiliar with Anthony Starr’s resume having only been introduced to him as Homelander in The Boys recently, but given the trauma he’s put me through in that role, even having only started season 3 yesterday, I imagine I’ll find it hard not to hate/fear him on sight in anything else. Even if he guest starred on Sesame Street or some other innocuous, warm-hearted show, my main thought would be “…He’s gonna kill somebody by the end of the show, and he will give ZERO fucks when he does it.” Doesn’t help that he’s seen multiple times throughout The Boys giving interviews and whatnot with his signature, deceptive casualness reigning in a raging psychopath; it only enforces my belief that “Anthony Starr” is simply a very real Homelander’s secret identity.

Sorry, Anthony Starr (if that’s your real name,) but you scare me very deeply.
I rescind this sentiment. Not only have I learned that a New Zealander was cast as an American white nationalist psycho GOD with self-esteem and mommy/daddy issues, he can't even handle his spice like a real MAN like me! I've tackled Hot Ones' hottest sauce and didn't so much as flinch! This video actually frees me to watch the latest season of The Boys without the anxiety because I now know Homelander to be a fraud!

Seriously, though, this does help to see ANTONY (@Johnny Novgorod) Starr outside of the Homelander character. I probably wouldn't even recognize him with the beard, without the glowing red eyes, and without the deceptive pleasantries followed by the most heinous acts of violence ever graphically depicted on screen outside of snuff media.

(I'm lying; Homelander still legit scares me. I've been having frequent nightmares about this fucking dude since starting this show. Call me a p*ssy if you want; I'll own it. Yes, even fictional depictions of Homelander's kind of brutal evil make me sick. I'm still on the fence on whether it's brilliant, e.g. Hannibal Lecter, or detesable, i.e. Derek Vineyard.)