Addicted to FF Dissidia on PSP...

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
I have 700 hours pumped into this game and it's still fun, and I'll be playing it straight up to Duodecims release. I main Golbez, and Jecht and ExDeath are my secondaries. I have pretty much maxed out this game with all characters at lvl 100 ect...

Duodecim is nothing short of pure awesome and shaping up to be a truly spectacular sequel. Everything about is better. More characters, stages, modes, improved combat system, better balance, ect, ect... it even has the first games story but enhanced and modified to take advantage of the new single player gameplay with the world map.

I really can't wait to see what we can do with the quest maker, and Jan 18th can't come sooner, get new info and stuff.

PerkoApple said:
kyosai7 said:
Yeah. Aside from the first board, you fight everyone in the game at lvls 100+, with a new Chaos to beat. I can't even get to him... This is after you unlock the secret characters, of course.
Wow, ok. So you must have to play ALOT with your characters to get them up to level 100. And I thought I was close to being done with the game...
Getting all the characters to 100 is EASY. Quick and easy way is to equip EXP boosting items, set your PSP clock to your bonus day, equip magic pot summon (manual), fight Lvl 100 ExDeath on lowest difficulty. And try to get the x5 booster from the bonus thing. Let ExDeath break you until he has 9999 brave and then when you are about to land a sure fire HP hit, activate Magic pot and BAM!! one hit kill.

You will level up characters so damn fast. You can do the same with AP as well. Equip a full Diamond set of gear, diamond ring, Cats beckon, fight lvl 1 Chaos and kill the shit out of him over and over. If you meet the AP chance and again, are on your bonus day, you can nab 50-90 AP after one bout with him.

PerkoApple said:
1. Ultimecia and Cloud of Darkness suck to play. Especially Ultimecia.
Like any character, they don't suck if you know how to properly use them. The only character that I'd ever say "sucks" is Shantot, but she's still usable. Thank god they made her better in Duodecim.

PerkoApple said:
4. Still don't get the whole battlegen thing. Are we choosing something before battle or is it just some random list to look at?
Battlegen works by creating items as you meet conditions in battle. When you are at the pre battle screen and scroll over to the battlegen screen you'll see what you will create and under what conditions. You will create said item if you meet the condition beside it which would be Brake, wall rush, hp damage, ect.. Use those items to craft better gear ect..

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
'Addicted' to Kingdom Hearts - Single Player Edition?
Okay then - it's a fine game, but I'm not sure it's 'worthy' of addiction.

However, I think a game like D:FF requires a knowledge of the history of FF to really 'get' large aspects of it.

PerkoApple

Nov 9, 2010
-Seraph- said:
I have 700 hours pumped into this game and it's still fun, and I'll be playing it straight up to Duodecims release. I main Golbez, and Jecht and ExDeath are my secondaries. I have pretty much maxed out this game with all characters at lvl 100 ect...

Duodecim is nothing short of pure awesome and shaping up to be a truly spectacular sequel. Everything about is better. More characters, stages, modes, improved combat system, better balance, ect, ect... it even has the first games story but enhanced and modified to take advantage of the new single player gameplay with the world map.

I really can't wait to see what we can do with the quest maker, and Jan 18th can't come sooner, get new info and stuff.

PerkoApple said:
kyosai7 said:
Yeah. Aside from the first board, you fight everyone in the game at lvls 100+, with a new Chaos to beat. I can't even get to him... This is after you unlock the secret characters, of course.
Wow, ok. So you must have to play ALOT with your characters to get them up to level 100. And I thought I was close to being done with the game...
Getting all the characters to 100 is EASY. Quick and easy way is to equip EXP boosting items, set your PSP clock to your bonus day, equip magic pot summon (manual), fight Lvl 100 ExDeath on lowest difficulty. And try to get the x5 booster from the bonus thing. Let ExDeath break you until he has 9999 brave and then when you are about to land a sure fire HP hit, activate Magic pot and BAM!! one hit kill.

You will level up characters so damn fast. You can do the same with AP as well. Equip a full Diamond set of gear, diamond ring, Cats beckon, fight lvl 1 Chaos and kill the shit out of him over and over. If you meet the AP chance and again, are on your bonus day, you can nab 50-90 AP after one bout with him.

PerkoApple said:
1. Ultimecia and Cloud of Darkness suck to play. Especially Ultimecia.
Like any character, they don't suck if you know how to properly use them. The only character that I'd ever say "sucks" is Shantot, but she's still usable. Thank god they made her better in Duodecim.

PerkoApple said:
4. Still don't get the whole battlegen thing. Are we choosing something before battle or is it just some random list to look at?
Battlegen works by creating items as you meet conditions in battle. When you are at the pre battle screen and scroll over to the battlegen screen you'll see what you will create and under what conditions. You will create said item if you meet the condition beside it which would be Brake, wall rush, hp damage, ect.. Use those items to craft better gear ect..

Yeah, I'm sure Ultimecia and the Cloud of Darkness are awesome if used properly but for whatever reason they didn't jive with me. At least not immediately...

Maybe I'll give them another try when I get tired of playing with the Cosmos side.

Thanks for the clear up on the Battlegen. I googled it and found an article on it when I first started playing. For some reason I thought it was saying that I was picking something to use on the enemy. However, the more I played the more I started to think it didn't have any effect and that's when I started to wonder what the hell it was.

I just picked up my PSP and can't find any experience boosting accessories or weapons. I'll take another look though and try and figure out what the booster thing is and all that. I definitely don't want this game to be over once I complete the story so if getting to level 100 means to play through another story that would be great.

Never seen any coliseum either but maybe that is something else that gets unlocked...

ThatJoelGuy

Jul 23, 2008
the most common boosters are the chocobo wing, feather and so on.
yeah you have to get the coliseum through the pp shop thing