Adding to the Escapist Experience With EXP

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Interesting! I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it. I wonder what other content providers will be put into rotation with it...

Hmmm...

Kuomon

Nov 17, 2009
Not sure if there's a recommendation thread up (if there is I apologize, but I was unable to find it), but I would like to recommend the Youtuber Matthewmatosis. His videos are extremely in depth analyses of popular game series that move away from the usual discussion. Here's a link to his latest video: http://youtu.be/VdNhwb7iuI4

O maestre

Nov 19, 2008
I am confused, is there going to be new content or rather video mirrors from screw attack or simply reposting of old screw attack videos? Or is it going to be completely original content through content collaboration?

Unless it is the latter it seems kind of pointless, couldn't I hypothetically just go to screw attack and view their stuff there?
I cannot see the brilliance of this, so could someone please clarify.

For the record The Escapist, Penny Arcade and Screw Attack/Game Trailers are my primary venues for gaming related entertainment and information.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
And here I thought for a while it was just Screwattack screwing around in my Escapist. Good to know there'll be other content later.

rynak

Sep 22, 2013
Right, just what the "audience" wanted.... more unrelated crap, that got nothing to do with the escapist original spirit.

It's not enough that by now it got advertis... sorry, i mean "news" stuff plugged by 3rd parties, that got nothing at all to do with videogames. BUT i guess it pays.

It's not enough that by now it got all kinds of stupid badges and toys and crap, which add exactly zero to community discussion and just feels like "archievement unlocked, the forum game". But i guess... it might result in additional pageviews which might partially increase the clicks on advert... sorry, i mean "news" plugged and paid for, by third parties.

It's not enough that we got MTV host... sorry, i mean lisa-*****.... apparently being capable of doing nothing else than top-N things - oh, now THERE's something that is really rare on the net. But i guess.... more pageviews... more clicks on advert... sorry, i mean provided and paid for "content" by 3rd parties.

No, now we get "EXP". The name on it's own is already retarded... omg, it has X in it, so it gotta be kewl. It's just 10 years ago that microsoft pulled this retarded ... whatever. BUT look, EXP has "TEH BEST EVER" and ..... goddamnit, WHAT THE F****CK? What is this? If trashcan of the web?

You know what? I have only one question left: When will Shamus, Yahtzee and Jim, jump ship to other sites... like for example, Penny Arcade, which has a larger audience than Escapist, yet for some strange reason, by now has more brains, than the escapist. Escapist, which every day becomes ever more similiar to your average retarded corporate-sponsored-whore bullshit web portal?

Escapist, you once were exceptional. Now you just suck, and are only rescued from being simply an average advertisment site, calling itself news.... by you having a small handful of famous people onboard. Once those people jump ship, you've got nothing left to offer, because quite honestly, what you do currently, is being a complete *****, and then holding up a small handful of people making sense, like a false ethic and intellectual shield. You no longer have your "stars" onboard, because this is what you strive for. You have them onboard, for them to act as a shield - to distract the audience from the fact, that by now the escapist is about the exact opposite, of those people.

Funny captcha: Foul play. How ironic.