Adorable Chinese Dinosaur Shamelessly Rips Off Mario Galaxy

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
I honestly cannot believe this is the nation which originally invented compass, paper, silk, and gunpowder. Can they at least TRY to make something of their own design nowadays instead of just copying what everyone else does? Does not seem so.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Not only is this a complete rip off of Mario Galaxy, the music is also stolen from Overlord.

I smell a double lawsuit comming up!

Skreeee

Jun 5, 2009
Never before have I wanted to pet a dinosaur so badly...

Wasn't China once the most innovative part of the world? At least the ancient world? What the hell happened?

Blimey

Nov 10, 2009
Arawn.Chernobog said:
I will never consider China a nation worthy of my respect until they start respecting copyright
My thoughts exactly, good sir.

But my first reaction to this vid? Fucking loooooooooool.

BonerMacTittyPants

Aug 3, 2009
Oh, China, you just can't stop surprising me.
What will you copy next?

This is such a blunt rip-off you just can't be angry at them. It's actually funny.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Not as bad as the H.A.V.E. or something game that is a direct COPY of TF2.

But still, this looks like it'd be fun, I wouldn't pay for this of course, but still a short moment of "Lols".

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
Doki Doki Panic! [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXdUMAov7s4] karma had to catch up sooner or later

CUnk

Oct 24, 2008
Izzil said:

Wasn't China once the most innovative part of the world? At least the ancient world? What the hell happened?
Communism happened.

You people calling for lawsuits are hilarious. What makes you think anyone can touch them? The Chinese government encourages and supports this type of behavior.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
That actually seems like a pretty decent game, even if it is a blatant ripoff of Super Mario Galaxy. Though when you think about it, half the great games these days are ripped off each other (look at any generic space shooter, and yes, that's coming from a self confessed Halo and a Valve fanboy...). That said, China are pretty bad when it comes down to stealing copyrighted works and so on...

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
CUnk said:
Izzil said:

Communism happened.

You people calling for lawsuits are hilarious. What makes you think anyone can touch them? The Chinese government encourages and supports this type of behavior.
As I said before, centuries of oppression (not just the Communists) has breed in the Chinese a lack of imagination; the 'cultural revolution' didn't help either!

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
scotth266 said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
Cue people defending this game, and everyone else laughing at them, a la H.A.V.E. online. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx23D90sUxk&feature=related]
I was one of H.A.V.E's defenders.

I think that this game is a shameless ripoff though.
Oh yeah, you were weren't you?

Well that debate has pretty much subsided without anyone changing their perception of that game from their first look at the trailer until now, I don't see that changing in the future either (p.s. we weren't really laughing!).

This one is just too obvious for a defence though, isn't it?

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
ChromeAlchemist said:
scotth266 said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
Cue people defending this game, and everyone else laughing at them, a la H.A.V.E. online. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx23D90sUxk&feature=related]

Well that debate has pretty much subsided without anyone changing their perception of that game from their first look at the trailer until now, I don't see that changing in the future either (p.s. we weren't really laughing!).

Yeah, at least H.A.V.E looked like it had a different pace and a few changed gameplay mechanics. This is just SMG with a dino face slapped onto it.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
scotth266 said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
scotth266 said:
ChromeAlchemist said:

Yeah, at least H.A.V.E looked like it had a different pace and a few changed gameplay mechanics. This is just SMG with a dino face slapped onto it.
God bless China, the counterfeit capital of the world.