Adult Circumcision

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I know what you people are thinking. "Pala, you sly dog. Trying to get rid of new controversy by bringing up old ones?"
Actually no, but you can still thank me for that.

I'm here because maybe I want a bit of sympathy, or maybe I just want to see how people's old opinion's are swayed by this example.
Today I visited my urologyist to check up on something that runs in my family to see if it'd be a problem. This problem being having a tight foreksin. Turns out, it is, and will need to be fixed. Bad news it, my case is too extreme for stretching to be an option, so I'll need a circumcision.
Obviously, I'm going to do this, because my only other choice is pretty much to never have sex. I'll need to take a week off of uni, and when I do have sex, it won't be as pleasurable as otherwise (you may argue this point if you feel need, but I shall rebuttal edit: This has been laid to rest).
Apart from the obvious I'm a bit worried since, from previous threads, it turns out girls can be quite opinionated about what they prefer, so it makes me anxious, living in England, a place where it isn't much of a tradition to do at birth.

I'm hoping for some interesting applicaitons of people's opinion to this situation, maybe some "know that feel, bro", and maybe hopefully some females reassuring me that a lot of them don't care instead of "It looks better cut anyway".

Edit: I'm suprised at the supportiveness, and and very thankful of it. And it seems this thread has diffused the usual storm of opinion. All those that thought it would still happen either abandoned thread, or quickly prepared their suprisingly angry remarks. This thread has served it's purpose I guess. Both making me feel better, and experimenting what happens when a thread like this is phrased like this.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
It -really- doesn't matter either way, cut or not, and I don't think anyone would really care. The sort of people you'd actually want to knob wouldn't, at least. And the "It doesn't feel as nice"-arguement needs a big, fat [Citation Needed]-stamp, I feel. It's not something you can quantify.

The main thing is that the problem gets fixed, after all. Good luck with the surgery, and I'm quite positive everything will turn out fine. Again, the sort of people you'd want to knob anyway most likely don't care. And if someone would, at least you've got a medical reason for it.

Do you get lots of ice cream for circumcisions in hospitals? Well, fingers crossed, and good luck!

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Well, they say it looks bigger snipped, so, you know... that might be something positive.

I'd be more anxious about the prospect of constant sensitivity without the little cap on, then about the actual sex issue.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
So lucky I dodged that bullet. Same thing runs in my family so never had to get cut but I feel for ya bro. Not a female so can't say but good luck on your operation, hope everything works out.

Froggy Slayer

Jul 13, 2012
I feel for you bro, though I've never had to go through this myself. Hope the operation goes well.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
Well, they say it looks bigger snipped, so, you know... that might be something positive.

I'd be more anxious about the prospect of constant sensitivity without the little cap on, then about the actual sex issue.
It would become desensitised within a day or two apparently, but the thought of it not doing so makes my bell end itch haha.

I used to have a tight foreskin that caused me pain on sex, but i just took to stretching it bit by bit every time. I took a bath. Luckily it loosened up and it's not a problem anymore... Though the anxiety of sex hurting and the struggle to put a condom on in just the right way so it wouldn't hurt had led to more than a few disappointing nights for the ladies... Fortunately, mercifully, that problem has been solved.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Thank you for all the well wishes!
Casual Shinji said:
You're saying I might
?

...well my first year of uni is going to be interesting.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I wouldn't worry about what girls think of it to be honest, all erect penises look the same. Leg warmer on or off.

R.Nevermore

Mar 28, 2008
Most of the ladies I've talked to about it prefer it snipped... Although they could just be saying that because I am snipped myself and they didn't mean to offend... Sometimes women just can't be honest :p

"omg itz teh biggest ive seen"

Who knows if they are being honest sometimes

(Capcha: Am I happy? I don't know capcha... I just don't know)

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Muspelheim said:
Do you get lots of ice cream for circumcisions in hospitals? Well, fingers crossed, and good luck!
Yeah...no. I'll only be there for a little while then I'll spend my week at home, feeling painfully sensitive in the pants.

I'm not sure bathing my loins in ice cream would be pleasant for recovery, and I really doubt helpful to consume it.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Best of luck, but make sure to look for advice on this or ask your doctor how to deal with the sensitivity issues. Because with you man-bit permanently unsheathed, it is going to be sensitive, which can cause a bit of pain even just with clothes on etc, at least for a while.

I have heard it can be an issue, so figured I would mention it. All the best :)

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
I seriously don't mind if the man is circumcised, as long as they needed to do it.

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
Well my brother had a condition similar to yours and ended getting a circumcision at 15, and he seems completely fine with it. Then again, he's never shown any interest in sex and has never brought a girl home, so either he's too ashamed of his mutilated member, or the other option (y'know, the logical one) he's just a bit of a weirdo.

My advice to you is the same as most others, it really doesn't matter that much, and any girl shallow enough to be that put off by the lack of foreskin isn't worth keeping anyway. Honestly, I thought they'd prefer circumcised members, foreskin is hardly an attractive looking feature :/

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
Aerosteam 1908 said:
I seriously don't mind if the man is circumcised, as long as they needed to do it.
What's your opinion on those who got cut at birth then?

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Dangit2019 said:
Aerosteam 1908 said:
What's your opinion on those who got cut at birth then?
As a baby, they can't make that choice for themselves. So yeah, I don't mind that as well.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
I had a friend who had a similar issue, he got drunk and sex at a party, got an acute para-phimosis, which in layman's terms means a large amount of his penis was stuck above the foreskin being strangled. He woke me up to show me it (I'm a medical student).

I drove him to my house, because I wasn't sure if I was under the legal limit for alcohol (at the time I was on my Ps meaning has to be under .00) and I didn't want to drive into town it being a long weekend and police everywhere. I ran up knocked on my mum's door and said "Mum! Mum! I need you to drink BLANK to the hospital because he's injured his penis!". To her credit all she said was "I'll get my coat".

Took him to the hospital where the triage nurse asked his problem, when he explained it, she asked how long it had been going on for. When he replies "4hours", she actually replied "jesus christ". The way the doctor who came ended up fixing it was by wrapping it in gladwrap with local anaesthetic for the pain and honey. Honey is hyperosmolar so it draws fluid and reduces swelling (it's also a good antiseptic). This was from the tiny packets of honey you might see in a hotel for toast. Once it was reduced they discharged him with a referral to get a circumcision in a few weeks time.

Moral of the story, circumcision is still important in some people. While I'm anti-circumcision in children who don't need it I feel for a lot of people "all circumcision is bad" is their rhetoric.
R.Nevermore said:
"omg itz teh biggest ive seen"

Who knows if they are being honest sometimes
It's when they say "Ouch".

SciMal

Dec 10, 2011
Palademon said:
Obviously, I'm going to do this, because my only other choice is pretty much to never have sex. I'll need to take a week off of uni, and when I do have sex, it won't be as pleasurable as otherwise (you may argue this point if you feel need, but I shall rebuttal).
Feel free to rebuke, but chances are after you're healed you'll barely notice a blip in your sexual function: In January 2007, the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) stated "The effect of circumcision on penile sensation or sexual satisfaction is unknown. Because the epithelium of a circumcised glans becomes cornified, and because some feel nerve over-stimulation leads to desensitization, many believe that the glans of a circumcised penis is less sensitive. [. . .] No valid evidence to date, however, supports the notion that being circumcised affects sexual sensation or satisfaction."[13] A 2010 review reported that "despite conflicting results in some of the historical observational studies, most recent articles do not show evidence of adverse effects on sexual function."[51] A review which analysed the data from eight clinical trials concluded that the "evidence suggests that adult circumcision does not affect sexual satisfaction and function."[52]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcision#Sexual_effects

That's three separate studies. There's absolutely no conclusive evidence you'll perform worse or feel less, and anyone telling you otherwise is lying to your face.

I can't personally speak about being circumcised as an adult, but as a circumcised male I can tell you sex still feels fantastic.

Apart from the obvious I'm a bit worried since, from previous threads, it turns out girls can be quite opinionated about what they prefer, so it makes me anxious, living in England, a place where it isn't much of a tradition to do at birth.
This will probably affect your perception of sexual pleasure more than the actual procedure. If you think you're going to bat with less, you're going to be more stressed, which will result in reduced pleasure.

Most women have an opinion, but unless you're exclusively dating shallow whores, any interested party will get used to it. It's not like your penis suddenly does tricks or spews fire. It's just a little bit of skin that's gone. Just tell them to use some lube or lotion if they give you a handy-j, otherwise you'll be chaffed in about 5 minutes.

I'm hoping for some interesting applicaitons of people's opinion to this situation, maybe some "know that feel, bro", and maybe hopefully some females reassuring me that a lot of them don't care instead of "It looks better cut anyway".
I've been 'cut' for 27 years, all my life. I've never found it a problem, and I've never missed my foreskin. Of course, I can't give you a before and after - which is probably what you're looking for, but I'd be wary of anyone who does. So much of the male ego is tied up in our penis that some people will be disappointed even if there isn't a discernible difference in sensation.

You're still yourself, any chick worth banging won't care, and sex will still be great. If you have any issues, just hit on American chicks - the English accent is the best aphrodisiac I've seen over here.

gh0ti

Apr 10, 2008
Had a friend with an identical issue (also UK). Had the op just in time to coincide with getting together with his first serious girlfriend. They're still together, so I guess she was happy with it.

In my experience, girls do have their preferences for what a penis should look like (even if they're too polite to say anything) but it's not much more important to them than the shape of their breasts is to us guys.

Presuming your member isn't freakishly ugly with foreskin attached, I don't think a circumcision will greatly affect it aesthetically.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
WolfThomas said:
Scary penis story snip.
Oh my god that must have been scary, and is it wrong if I giggled at someone waking you up to show you their penis? Probably, sorry. Still, sympathies to the poor bloke, `penis being strangled` does not sound pleasant.

OT- I don't think women are that bothered about what your dick looks like as long as it doesn't look crazy strange (I mean, nobody is gonna be carrying around a picture of it in their wallet). I know circumcision isn't a massive thing in England, but it's not unkown.
Hey, you might even get points for being a new experience.
I'm not a big fan of circumcision as a procedure, unless it's medically needed.