Adult Circumcision

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Phasmal said:
WolfThomas said:
Scary penis story snip.
Oh my god that must have been scary, and is it wrong if I giggled at someone waking you up to show you their penis? Probably, sorry. Still, sympathies to the poor bloke, `penis being strangled` does not sound pleasant.
It was a party held at a community hall. I was incredibly hungover and confused when he dragged me outside and dropped his pants. The funny thing was the aforementioned sex happened a few metres away from me but I'd passed out on my mattress by that point. Apparently a lot of the birthday girl's friends from university (I knew her from highschool) hadn't been drinking and had to listen to them going at it. He's been in a relationship with that girl now for almost two years.

I think he's worried that if he ever marries her and makes me best man that stories coming out.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
gh0ti said:
it's not much more important to them than the shape of their breasts is to us guys.
THEY CARE THAT MUCH??

[small]I mean...thank you.[/small]

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
bojackx said:
Honestly, I thought they'd prefer circumcised members, foreskin is hardly an attractive looking feature :/
As far I know at least many in America do.

Also, that's another shallow worry for me. Kinda like the same worry I had when I was getting braces. "People are gunna like me more for how I look after this, aren't they?"

Aug 25, 2009
Phasmal said:
WolfThomas said:
Scary penis story snip.
crazy strange .
Yeah, 'cause that's not going to make a guy worry that maybe he looks 'crazy strange' and has just never realised.

What exactly is crazy strange? Are we talking doubling back on itself? Pointed at the tip? What?

Oh yeah, there's an OP around here somewhere as well:

If you need to do it, have it. Any woman who'll actually matter in your life won't care. Penises come in all shapes. sizes, flavours and packaging, and most women seem to be perfectly fine sampling from a selection of men instead of trying to find the one perfect member.

Although as an unsnipped guy I hope you won't mind me saying that I hope to god nothing ever happens to me that forces me to get it. *shudder*

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
MelasZepheos said:
Phasmal said:
WolfThomas said:
Scary penis story snip.
crazy strange .
Yeah, 'cause that's not going to make a guy worry that maybe he looks 'crazy strange' and has just never realised.

What exactly is crazy strange? Are we talking doubling back on itself? Pointed at the tip? What?
I'm pretty sure if your penis looks like a penis then you are fine.
I mean, no one is going to care unless you have something like sores all over it or a face growing out of it.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Palademon said:
Casual Shinji said:
I'd be more anxious about the prospect of constant sensitivity without the little cap on, then about the actual sex issue.
You're saying I might
?

...well my first year of uni is going to be interesting.
I suggest wearing them condoms during class, chum. ;)

On a serious note, best of luck with the surgery and the following recovery. I'm sure going to the bathroom in the aftermath won't be too easy either... I'll shut up now.

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
I was circumcised as a baby so I don't really have an opinion on whether or not it's good or bad.

Anyways, hope all goes well with the surgery and that your dangly bits will recover in a quick and timely manner.

Aug 25, 2009
Phasmal said:
MelasZepheos said:
Phasmal said:
WolfThomas said:
Scary penis story snip.
crazy strange .

I'm pretty sure if your penis looks like a penis then you are fine.
I mean, no one is going to care unless you have something like sores all over it or a face growing out of it.
Well damn, that counts me out then.

But seriously, never underestimate the ability of an insecure man to worry about his penis. 'is it too big, is it too small, is it too thick, is it too thin, does the skin look weird, is it normal that it has a tendency to curve one way or the other, why is she staring at it does she like it or is she trying not to laugh?'

I'm fairly certain some of my exes just got tired of trying to reassure me in the end.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Wolverine18 said:
Palademon said:
and when I do have sex, it won't be as pleasurable as otherwise (you may argue this point if you feel need, but I shall rebuttal)
Several posters have in the past said they were circumcised as an adult and noticed no difference. You will only feel less pleasure if that's what you are expecting because the mind is very good and making your worst belief's come true.

and maybe hopefully some females reassuring me that a lot of them don't care instead of "It looks better cut anyway".
So you don't want them to tell you what they feel, you just want a pat on the back and be told it doesn't matter even if they prefer cut?

You really are going to have post op problems, you have already done everything in your power to be disappointed with the results. With that kind of uncalled for worry, I see sexual disfunction in your future.
I was worried about what people have said, but that ahs been put to rest.
And that bit about females reassuring me was me hoping for people with that actual opinion to show up, since from past threads they seem to only as a response to posts of females saying they'd have it done to their child because it looks better and they wouldn't want girls to reject them since apparently they know of people who balk at it.

Not for their opinion to bend to my will.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Well, this explains a lot, I feel.

Good luck and everything.

Don't think there's much I can tell you other than that. It's not like I'm holding a lot of wisdom on the subject.

Edit: There's one thing though. The foreskin acts as a sliding mechanism, so you might have to use more lube during sex (or masturbation) than you would were you uncircumcised.

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
Jonluw said:
Well, this explains a lot, I feel.

Good luck and everything.

Don't think there's much I can tell you other than that. It's not like I'm holding a lot of wisdom on the subject.

Edit: There's one thing though. The foreskin acts as a sliding mechanism, so you might have to use more lube during sex (or masturbation) than you would were you uncircumcised.
Fortunately all the other skin can also act as a sliding mechanism, so hopefully it won't be too different.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
If the issue ever comes up, just tell them you weren't circumcised, you were circumnavigated.

lunavixen

Jan 2, 2012
I wouldn't worry too much about it, you need it for a medical reason, an issue this minor? don't agonise over it, a lot of guys are circumcised at birth (or as young children) others aren't. I'm a girl, I don't think it'd matter to me (I've never had a boyfriend/partner, don't particularly care to get one either).

if people are going to try and belittle you for it, they can get stuffed in my opinion.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
damn dude, My advice is get nice and drunk after. It will take your mind off it.

SillyBear

May 10, 2011
Palademon said:
I know what you people are thinking. "Pala, you sly dog. Trying to get rid of new controversy by bringing up old ones?"
Actually no, but you can still thank me for that.

I'm here because maybe I want a bit of sympathy, or maybe I just want to see how people's old opinion's are swayed by this example.
Today I visited my urologyist to check up on something that runs in my family to see if it'd be a problem. This problem being having a tight foreksin. Turns out, it is, and will need to be fixed. Bad news it, my case is too extreme for stretching to be an option, so I'll need a circumcision.
Obviously, I'm going to do this, because my only other choice is pretty much to never have sex. I'll need to take a week off of uni, and when I do have sex, it won't be as pleasurable as otherwise (you may argue this point if you feel need, but I shall rebuttal).
Apart from the obvious I'm a bit worried since, from previous threads, it turns out girls can be quite opinionated about what they prefer, so it makes me anxious, living in England, a place where it isn't much of a tradition to do at birth.

I'm hoping for some interesting applicaitons of people's opinion to this situation, maybe some "know that feel, bro", and maybe hopefully some females reassuring me that a lot of them don't care instead of "It looks better cut anyway".
I should preface this by saying I'm also British. I'm female and I'm in med school.

I think you need to stop worrying so much about the social effects of it. Trust me, most people aren't going to give a shit. The worst that will happen is that you'll meet a girl and she'll be surprised because she is used to foreskin (to be honest, I'd probably be surprised too). From a male perspective (if you are in work or sport were you shower together) they might go "wtf?" and just laugh it off and say you had a tight foreskin. Trust me, they'll laugh and not give a shit. Remember, people don't care as much as you think they do.

The percentage of girls who would actually turn you down over it are so slim that it isn't even worth thinking over. They would literally be statistical anomalies.

And just as an aside, I would rather be with a guy who is circumcised that a guy who has a tight, un-retractable foreskin. Think about that.

As far as the medical side of things goes the procedure isn't quite as horrible as it sounds and you'll be back in action in no time. It sucks, but it needs to be done and you'll be fine. Relax!

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
If it helps ease you at all, there is a massive country just across the pond where circumcized penises are everywhere. And they never stop fucking.

Besides, penises are never pretty things anyway, turtleneck or not. Think of it as a lateral move.