Adult Escapists: What do you do for a living?

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
23 but I don't really consider myself an adult. I work though, at a Target mostly in the early morning stocking stuff on shelves. I'm actively looking for another job though so as to keep up with my expenses. Once I get a second job I'm thinking of going to school again...or maybe a tech school...I have no idea what I would want to do professionally and really don't consider myself an adult.

Gentleman_Reptile

Jan 25, 2010
Slaving away in a bottleshop drive through, trying to do as many acting gigs as possible.

I just had an audition for a telstra commercial and have a stunt course coming up in a few weeks.

Flunk

Feb 17, 2008
I'm a computer programmer, it's good money and I love Computers. The company I work for, not so much.

esliang

Nov 18, 2009
I'm finishing my BS in Communication Disorders and going to grad school for speech therapy after that. I've mostly applied to masters programs but I'm thinking about a PhD eventually, since I did research in undergrad and enjoyed it.

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
Research scientist and academic in training. Most of the way through my PhD at the moment, and then I'll be looking for postdocs...

AmayaOnnaOtaku

The Babe with the Power
Mar 11, 2010
I work fulltime as a Help Desk Analyst
I also work part time as an on call field technician
and I am a full time student studying Network Design and Security. When I am done that I go for my Master's

])rStrangelove

Oct 25, 2011
SoftwareDev. C++ / Java and custom config files. Not only developing, but also installing, patching, fixing - the whole support thing. Never really boring, but also not really satisfying.
But at least i'm at home in the afternoon before it gets dark, so i'm not complaining.

mmins

Aug 22, 2011
Well, I'm aiming for a Chemistry major and computer science minor. Don't know where that's going to take me. If that goes south, I'm planning on becoming a cop or something...

BlueMage

Jan 22, 2008
Kanatatsu said:
I am a lawyer. I act for banks who lend large sums of money to finance real estate projects. Oh and I am in Canada so business is still fine.

This thread is super depressing. Many of you need to stop posting here, stop playing games, and start working harder.

I know that sounds harsh, but it's true.
I'm quite happy with my position though :( I got offered a role in a location and organisation I'm familiar with, and in a way that let me get away from an abusive boss in the deal. Plus I'm getting paid what I was, without having to flog my car or do roughly two working days of overtime per fortnight.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I work for a relitivley large finance company

basically I scan paperwork all day, to be honest its not a bad job and Im really happy with my situation, and i actually have money

however Im unsure about the future...I dont know if I might lose my job due to how all that "finance" stuff is going,

Im not sure what I want to do career wise (I doubt this job is really going to lead anywhere),

I dont know about going to uni because I dont think I could actually get into anything useful/meaningful but what the hell am I suposed to do with little or no qualifications?

it seems that there is no clear path to take, hell Im open for suggestions!