After nearly three decades.... I realized something today.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Nyaliva said:
I was once invited to sit through an asian fighting movie with my sister called "Romeo Must Die". I spent the entire movie intently waiting to find out who Romeo was...

There was no-one named Romeo...
Something about the way I read that made me laugh really hard.

Flac00

May 19, 2010
PurePareidolia said:
Flac00 said:
Well your geiger counter does go haywire like a sugar filled 8 year old when you enter that room. So something must have been radioactive. BUUUUUUUUUUUUT, no body is actually tracking that radioactivity to determine the age of a certain object.
Can't we assume that it's as a result of the rapidly decaying Citadel core? I mean, it melted through the walkway near it so I assume it's not usually like that.
Eli and Dr Kleiner were tracking how close it was to collapse so they probably were paying attention to it's half-life.
CURSES, FOILED AGAIN! Though for the first part I was referring to the room filled with radioactive waste with zombies popping up and raping you.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
In celebration of "Holy shit?! This thread is still going?!" I have made a picture for all to share.

Take it, stare at its wonders, and reflect.

pendragon177

Jul 12, 2009
The Lord of the Rings is also misnamed.

We assume the "Lord" in the title refers to Sauron as he is "The Dark Lord" but he only has "One Ring" to his name. He does have the Nazgul under his control all of whom had a ring a one point but there are several known rings Sauron doesn't have under his control.

Hipsy_Gypsy

Jun 2, 2011
I only realised yesterday the significance regarding that two of the main characters in Return of the Living Dead: Part I are called 'Burt' and 'Ernie'.

Why does this matter? Because:

Muppet.

Well. Cousin to. Kinda.

Well, what a co-inky-dink!

I knew Tarman was, by technicality, a muppet (Trautman only started working for Jim Henson in 1990, I think, whereas the Tarman get-up was created for RotLD for 1985 so perhaps a step-cousin would be a better way of putting it.) for donkeys though making a coincidence * out of it happened just yesterday.

Off topic for a sec; *at this very point, the laptop was flung to the floor as a Huntsman spider ran towards me at Godspeed on the bed. Dog started barking his wee head off when I started panicking. Bless his cotton socks. I looked a bit like this (except with a laptop in place of a table):

I was getting rather into my theory, if you could even call it that.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
pendragon177 said:
The Lord of the Rings is also misnamed.

We assume the "Lord" in the title refers to Sauron as he is "The Dark Lord" but he only has "One Ring" to his name. He does have the Nazgul under his control all of whom had a ring a one point but there are several known rings Sauron doesn't have under his control.
He controls the other rings via the One Ring (or something like that), and he was involved in creating the others, to various degrees.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Twilight mostly takes place in Daylight or Darkness... not at that point in the evening or dawn when the sun has that final overhorizon glow!

Apr 29, 2010
E-Penguin said:
dobahci said:
A Game of Thrones featured only one throne.
Wrong. More thrones are coming.

There are no rainbows in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2
If you read the Rainbow Six book by Clancy, you'd understand where the "rainbow" comes from.

I don't recall seeing any hard-boiled eggs in Hard Boiled.

holographicman

Oct 6, 2009
Quantum Theory has fuck all to do with Mr. Schrödinger and his cat

it's a shame really cause ive always liked games with squishy organic environments, guns, and bad guys

trophykiller

Jul 23, 2010
In "Ender's game", Ender didn't actually make the game.

In My Little Pony, none of the ponies actually belong to me.

The Twilight Zone takes place at many hours of the day.

The Avengers actually prevent catastrophe, not avenge it.

The Justice League is a vigilante group, and is therefor a criminal organization.

The Rake is note a gardening tool... Sorry, recovering creepy pasta fans, I had to remind you.

P.S. Sleep tight!

Petromir

Apr 10, 2010
Apollo45 said:
TrilbyWill said:
Apollo45 said:
There's only One Ring in Lord of the Rings.
No, there's only one One Ring. The Nazgul are nine humans corrupted by rings. There were rings given to the elves and dwarves.
Yes, but do we actually see anything other than the One Ring? In the movies anyway I don't think we do. And it's been a while since I've read the books, but I don't particularly remember seeing them in there either. If we do, they're not mentioned/shown more than once.
Galadrial and Gandalf are both in possession of a ring (accounting for 2 of the 3 elven rings) during the time of the books.