After nearly three decades.... I realized something today.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I'm not thirty years of age or older, so technically I shouldn't even be saying anything on this thread.
Urgh76 said:
OT: Another, vampires don't suck, that's a myth. They SCRAPE, and LICK.
I was very angry at my computer for screwing up earlier, but this made me happy again. Black Dracula FTW.

Optiluiz

Dec 30, 2010
Jurassic Park actually takes place in the present and most of the dinosaurs are from the Cretacious period.

Alone In The Dark has a pretty diverse cast of characters that you interact with. Including demons.

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
Colour-Scientist said:
Queens of the Stone Age have no women in their band. Nor are they thousands of years old.
On that note the Bare Naked Ladies have no ladies in the band naked or otherwise.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Pineapple.

It is not related, nor shares any resemblance to, an apple. Additionally, though it resembles a pinecone in structure, it does not grow on a pine tree.

hobohazard

Apr 2, 2011
Also, (i cant believe no one thought of this yet) the 2 world wars didn't actually involve the whole world.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
hobohazard said:
Also, (i cant believe no one thought of this yet) the 2 world wars didn't actually involve the whole world.
Can you name the countries NOT involved though?

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
WoW Killer said:
In The Empire Strikes Back, Luke wasn't yet a Jedi, so Return Of The Jedi should have been called First Appearance Of The Jedi, or Return Of The Luke, Who Is Now A Jedi.
Jedi in this case is plural and referring to the order, not Luke himself.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Cold wars are often independant of temperature.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
DeadlyBritishDisease said:
Final Fantasy wasn't very final.

Overthinking too much:

It isn't final in two senses, the first being that there has been plenty of fantasy written post-Final Fantasy, and the second (and obvious)that there were 14 sequels released, some of which got their own sequels (what exactly is final about XIII-2?)
There have only been 2 sequels, X-2 and XIII-2, two or so spin-offs , Dirge of Cerberus, and Crisis Core. Final Fantasy I-XIII are not related, and are not sequels.

TheEnglishman

Jun 13, 2009
It took me several watches, but in the 2010 version the Fates with the one eye throw out one line about what will happen when The Gordon stare is used against the Kraken, that it'll be "A Clash of the Titans."

So there was one, it was just a very unsatisfying one.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Despite being called "Tides of Darkness" and having pirate-esque units, Warcraft II had very little to do with Dark Water. I feel lied to ;_;

The eponymous "guild wars" in Guild Wars only occur in the backstory and have no relevance to the plot.

hobohazard

Apr 2, 2011
TrilbyWill said:
hobohazard said:
Chile
Norway
Sweden
Portugal
Saudi Arabia
Andorra
Vatican City
Ireland
(to name a few)
what now doubters? (by involved, I meant actively fighting)
Edit: also where the hell was pretty much ALL of South America during these things? also Antarctica.

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
hobohazard said:
TrilbyWill said:
hobohazard said:
Chile
Norway
Sweden
Portugal
Saudi Arabia
Andorra
Vatican City
Ireland
(to name a few)
Edit: also where the hell was pretty much ALL of South America during these things? also Antarctica.
Where they normally are, e.g just south of north america and at the south pole respectively. I would assume so at least, we didn't have any sattelite pictures in those days so perhaps they were elsewhere for the world wars?

On Topic:
In supreme commander there are multiple commanders and there never seems to be one who is supreme.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
hobohazard said:
TrilbyWill said:
hobohazard said:
Chile
Norway
Sweden
Portugal
Saudi Arabia
Andorra
Vatican City
Ireland
(to name a few)
Sweden contributed to WW2, Ireland fought in WW1, South American countries fought as British colonies in WW1, Spaniards fought in WW2 for both sides and the country provided support to the armies, Andorra declared war on Germany in WW1, Norway was occupied by the Nazis and there was a Norwegian resistance movement...
Yes, not all countries fought but they were involved.