After nearly three decades.... I realized something today.

Zenn3k

Feb 2, 2009
The Lawnmower Man did indeed have a man, who pushed a lawnmower. Am I doing this thread right??

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Shanicus said:
ChupathingyX said:
Shanicus said:
Space Marine has more then 1 Space Marine in it and Dawn of War has plenty of War, but no Dawns.
I think the opening movie of the first game took place at dawn.
Just checked it out, and you are right. Still, no Dawns outside of the opening cinematic...
adding to this

Chaos, is rather well organized

Mike Richards

Nov 28, 2009
All the characters in Lost were really good at navigating on the island.

A big part of Left 4 Dead is going back for your teammates before they die.

Half Life doesn't use a lives system, and you can't have half of one even if it did.

Silent Hill is pretty flat all things considered.

The Witcher fights demons more then witches.

In Prototype you're something like the second or third iteration of the virus, not the first.

Everything, the Blight, the social problems, the mage/Templar conflict, was already well established by the beginning of Dragon Age. It wasn't the Origins of anything.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
Mike Richards said:
Half Life doesn't use a lives system, and you can't have half of one even if it did.
Yes, you can have them. Radioactive materials have them.

deckpunk

Apr 5, 2011
1. Portal and Portal 2 actually feature many portals, they should have been called Portals and Portals 2.

2. The F.E.A.R series actually inspires no fear in anyone... ever.

3. Silent Hill is only silent if you mute your television.

4. The entire God of War series is incorrectly named. In the first God of War, Kratos is not the god of war but rather a 'disgruntled former employee of the god of war'. Kratos briefly becomes the god of war but loses the position during a hostile takeover. So really God of war 2 and 3 should have been called 'The psychotic murderer formally known as the god of war'.

5. The anime 'Bleach' has nothing to do with bleach.

This is a fun thread. I don't even mind that I burnt my dinner while thinking these up.

Mike Richards

Nov 28, 2009
TrilbyWill said:
Mike Richards said:
Yes, you can have them. Radioactive materials have them.
Yeah, I know what term they're referencing. I was saying that in gameplay terms, like Mario or other arcade style games where lives were counted, you can't have half a life as it doesn't make mechanical or mathematical sense. Especially since Half Life doesn't use a set number of lives anyways.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
Left 4 Dead is a game about never leaving your teammates behind if it's avoidable.

Saints Row the Third was set in an entirely different city to location of the titular Row itself.

In Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, the echo visor (the only thing the title actually seems to refer to) is one of the last items you get. You have it for the last tenth (?) of the game.

Pokémon Ruby contains no rubies, etc.

Grand Theft Auto contains a vastly larger potential for crime than its title would imply.

Finally, Animal Crossing: Wild World contains no roads for animals to cross. In spite of this, it's actually very peaceful and not at all wild.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
every thing is rather bright in SMT:Nocturne

the NES games Jackal and Dragon Fighter, don't actually have you fighting dragons or have any jackals in them, nor dose Dragon View actually put you in a dragons POV.

Dragon Quest isn't about dragons having an adventure, sadly :/

Phalanx featured nether the battle formation or banjo's [http://pics.mobygames.com/images/covers/large/1280873394-00.jpg]

Luke3184

Jun 4, 2011
Firefly does not contain many fireflies
Nor is Serenity very serene

You'll never guess what marathon I had this week...

Composer

Aug 3, 2009
Dark cloud had little to do with cumulus or any other cloud of that matter.
Harvest moons has no satellite harvesting.
Legend of zelda is more about link then anyone else.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
there wasn't much sleeping going on in 'Sleepy Hallow'

there where no noticeable gates for enemy's to be at in 'Enemy at the Gates'

despite the name, no saddles where on fire in Blazing Saddles

Snatch is about theft, not the female reproductive organ

there are no elves in Elfen Lied, there's also a lack of lieing if memory serves

there is a odd lack of bubble gum in Bubblegum Crisis

The Record of Lodoss War is not about flower warfare

there was no demonic choir in Hellsing :/

Angel Links had no angels in it

she didn't actually hate him is '10 Things I Hate About You'

Ironman isn't made of iron

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
bahumat42 said:
original or new?

because the original had them.
You sure? It's been a long time, but in hindsight, knowing what a Titan actually is in Greek Mythology... I don't remember there being any.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
"The Experiment" took place years after the titular experiment.

In Europe, it's called "Experience 114", but 114 is a person, not an experience.

WHOA

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
Apollo45 said:
There's only One Ring in Lord of the Rings.
No, there's only one One Ring. The Nazgul are nine humans corrupted by rings. There were rings given to the elves and dwarves.