After Poor Suicide Squad Reviews, Fan Creates Petition to Shut Down Rotten Tomatoes

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
There have been accusations of Disney paying off reviews to trash DC movies. While I'm perfectly willing to believe Disney is evil, a conspiracy like that would be difficult to hide. It would only take them making the offer to one unwilling critic and the collusion would be reviled.

Not to mention I've tended to agree with the reviews after seeing the films.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
One must think angry people are misusing the online petition system. Brexit, US election, Movies. Fuck sakes!!!!

If YOU enjoy the movie, any movie, then fucking enjoy it. Don't let critics change your views on the things you are looking forward to or love.

It's YOUR mind.

Also, don't let online reviews from Rotten Tomatoes be the be all and end all of your movie viewing fun and experience.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
I hate that DC makes bad movies. It causes me to get accused of being a Marvel fanboy even though I'm more of a DC comic fan. Marvel just makes good movies, and even the bad ones aren't DCEU levels bad.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
Holy... shit. Wow. Dude. You don't have to let the reviews bother you. (11k other people rabble in) YOU DON'T HAVE TO LET THE REVIEWS BOTHER YOU!

I mean holy shit, I liked The Killing Joke well enough, but I can except that it could be better or just may no longer be relevant. Everyone just wanted another excuse to get Mark Hamill to be Mistah J again, this time with a song and dance number!

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
Andy Shandy said:
That'd be the Rotten Tomatoes that Warner Brothers - who also own DC - also part-own?

Man, this whole thing is a whirlwind of stupidity.

This thread could really just be a Chirs Evans laugh gif thread due to how stupid that petition is. :p

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
xaszatm said:
Andy Shandy said:
That'd be the Rotten Tomatoes that Warner Brothers - who also own DC - also part-own?

Man, this whole thing is a whirlwind of stupidity.

This thread could really just be a Chirs Evans laugh gif thread due to how stupid that petition is. :p
I mean, I'm not against the idea...

[sub]Albeit, this one isn't actually a gif xD[/sub]

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Parasondox said:
One must think angry people are misusing the online petition system. Brexit, US election, Movies. Fuck sakes!!!!

If YOU enjoy the movie, any movie, then fucking enjoy it. Don't let critics change your views on the things you are looking forward to or love.

It's YOUR mind.

Also, don't let online reviews from Rotten Tomatoes be the be all and end all of your movie viewing fun and experience.
NO. EVERYONE NEEDS TO AGREE WITH ME. If we disagree about anything that can only mean one thing. You are inherently wrong!

I feel like that's the thought process behind a lot of this stuff.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Kenbo Slice said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Where was this when Dark Knight Rises was getting bad reviews?

And the blow out in the comments were so huge that Rotten Tomatoes shut down thge comments.
That was a pretty fucking awful movie too. Bad reviews were justified.
The only thing awful about that movie was the casting of Catwoman.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
"We need this site to be shut down because It's Critics always give The DC Extended Universe movies unjust Bad Reviews, Like

1- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 2016
2- Suicide Squad 2016

and that Affects people's opinion even if it's a really great movies"
Somebody get these guys to a gas station. If they can see the overall user opinions for a movie that hasn't been fully released yet, surely they can pick out a few lotto numbers.

Anyway, I don't have any Chris laughing images, so I suppose my go to ones will have to do.

mduncan50

Apr 7, 2009
Kibeth41 said:
Rotten Tomatoes - 65% user score.
The Audience Score on Rotten Tomatoes was 97% with over 100,000 ratings a week before the movie even came out. I am not being hyperbolic, I saw it with my own eyes, and if you want to search through these forums I actually mentioned it at the time. So if it is now at 65%, you do the math on what the ACTUAL audience feeling was. Probably much closer to the critic score.

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
Andy Shandy said:
I mean, I'm not against the idea...

[sub]Albeit, this one isn't actually a gif xD[/sub]
AccursedTheory said:
Anyway, I don't have any Chris laughing images

His face is a national treasure at this point.

jklinders

Sep 21, 2010
*facepalm*

It actually hurt to read the text of the petition. Pretty sure it was typed out on a phone using autocorrect. I'm pretty sure Fry had something to say about this....

It might be a troll petition. If they are serious, then these are some very very sad children who need a lolly.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
The Enquirer said:
Parasondox said:

It's YOUR mind.

NO. EVERYONE NEEDS TO AGREE WITH ME. If we disagree about anything that can only mean one thing. You are inherently wrong!

I feel like that's the thought process behind a lot of this stuff.
Maybe it's the rise of social media or maybe it's just a dumb ego thing but so many people just can't think for themselves anymore. They need validation on everything and anything from some random person. They even lose their shit if you aren't connected to a single fan hive mind that they assume is real. So fucking what if Jimmy from Utah didn't like the thing you like. You can still enjoy it and love it and not abuse Jimmy because he doesn't think the way you do.

We need to teach the future generation to not become spoiled brats who cries when small shit don't go their way. Oh, and not moan like a lil whiny ***** because they got caught and punished for cheating. Get Over Yourself!

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:
Kenbo Slice said:
Samtemdo8 said:

And the blow out in the comments were so huge that Rotten Tomatoes shut down thge comments.
That's what I thought before the film came out. Turned out, Anne Hathaway was the only good thing about that film. Shitty plot, terrible villain, dumb twist, cop-out ending, overlong, Joseph Gordon Levitt who totally wasn't Robin but totally was. That film has many problems, Catwoman was strangely not one of them.

Zenja

Jan 16, 2013
Ukomba said:
There have been accusations of Disney paying off reviews to trash DC movies. While I'm perfectly willing to believe Disney is evil, a conspiracy like that would be difficult to hide. It would only take them making the offer to one unwilling critic and the collusion would be reviled.

Not to mention I've tended to agree with the reviews after seeing the films.
The best part is that someone points out that Rotten Tomatoes is owned by Warner Bros. (Who owns DC) on the petition comments.

We all have movies we like that are critical failures. I love Chronicles of Riddick and always will. But it it sits at a 29% on RT and I am not gonna argue it is some cinematic masterpiece or "merely OK". It's a crap story with a shitty bad guy but I just love it for other reasons. I like the monologues as an idea, I like not only the continuation of Jack's story but the relationship that develops between him and jack. Is it poorly done? Yep. Like a marvelous train wreck and I ain't even a little upset when someone says that the movie is crap.

Samtemdo8 said:
Kenbo Slice said:
Samtemdo8 said:

This video is terrible and this guy is a smug asshole. That I will grant you as I disagree with half of his list and he is clearly just grasping at straws in an annoying manner. Just for being a douche I will say only 15 count, which is less than half. But seriously, there are at least 15 valid problems in this list.

Then have a look at 5, 6, 7, and 8 on this list.

http://batman.about.com/od/batmanmovies/ss/The-Eight-Biggest-Plot-Holes-in-the-Dark-Knight-Film-Trilogy.htm?utm_source=zergnet&utm_medium=tcg&utm_campaign=zergnet-test-1109443#step8

That movie had more wrong with it than who was casted as Catwoman. It is ok to enjoy it, I get that. But you have to admit that there are some extremely weak points in the writing. The only way I can see anyone disagreeing with that is if you think metaphors outweigh plot holes in storytelling. But most people don't and will disagreee with you because many writers can pull of metaphors without plot holes.