After Poor Suicide Squad Reviews, Fan Creates Petition to Shut Down Rotten Tomatoes

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
After Poor Suicide Squad Reviews, Fan Creates Petition to Shut Down Rotten Tomatoes

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1340/1340256.jpgIn the wake of a slew of negative reviews of Suicide Squad, a fan has created a petition to shut down review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes.

The reviews of upcoming DC film Suicide Squad are not encouraging. It's currently sitting at 33% on the site's Tomatometer, which places it squarely in "Certified Rotten" territory.

As you can imagine, fans of the movie are not happy about the reviews, and a large number of them have glommed onto a petition that popped up on Change.org [https://www.change.org/p/rottentomatoes-com-shutdown-rotten-tomatoes]. Started by "Abdullah Coldwater," the petition seeks to shut down Rotten Tomatoes entirely. Why? Well, the petition says,

"We need this site to be shut down because It's Critics always give The DC Extended Universe movies unjust Bad Reviews, Like

1- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 2016
2- Suicide Squad 2016

and that Affects people's opinion even if it's a really great movies"

Over 11,000 people have signed the petition so far. Poor spelling and grammar aside, it seems a bit odd to have this many people (the majority of whom, incidentally, haven't seen the movie yet) clamoring for the shutdown of a site that didn't even write the reviews in question. All that removing Rotten Tomatoes would do is make gathering the reviews a little more difficult.

It remains to be seen what the general public thinks about Suicide Squad, as it won't hit theaters until this Friday. If you do go see it, let us know what you think in the forums!

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Stupid fanboys at their finest. As if shutting down a website gathering reviews from all around would make the movie suddenly better...

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
..................and just who do they intend to submit this petition to that would have the authority to shut the site down?

Gotta love impotent rage.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
"They just take 90 minutes watch your movie then use 5 minutes leave bad review on RottenTomatoes add some downvotes to the film, next they sit and watch and laugh. Booyaaaaa, that's all they have to do."

Talk about Pussy Galore.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
That'd be the Rotten Tomatoes that Warner Brothers - who also own DC - also part-own?

Man, this whole thing is a whirlwind of stupidity.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Andy Shandy said:
That'd be the Rotten Tomatoes that Warner Brothers - who also own DC - also part-own?

Man, this whole thing is a whirlwind of stupidity.
That gif sums up my feelings exactly.

SKBPinkie

Oct 6, 2013
Oh man, this is all a beautiful disaster and I love it.

Also, here's a real image of the guy behind this nonsense -

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
TheLaughingMagician said:
How the fuck do these people brush their without accidentally drowning in the sink?
Brush their what?

I NEED TO KNOW!!!

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
RaikuFA said:
How the fuck do these people brush their without accidentally drowning in the sink?
Brush their what?

I NEED TO KNOW!!!
Well that's embarrassing for me. I'm off to have a romantic bath with the toaster.
Mmm, wet toast. Haven't had that in awhile.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Where was this when Dark Knight Rises was getting bad reviews?

And the blow out in the comments were so huge that Rotten Tomatoes shut down thge comments.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Some people shouldn't have access to the internet. Or need to grow a brain. Or both.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Poetic Nova said:
Some people shouldn't have access to the internet. Or need to grow a brain. Or both.
I believe the insult you're looking for is "And this is why some people shouldn't be allowed to breed."

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Ok assuming if it does somehow get through (no idea how), it doesn't stop bad reviews from being made. What's next a petition for the critic to stop saying bads thing against DC films?

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
I'm going to float the conspiracy that this is all the machinations of Tara Strong, who was weirdly super into Hot Topic Harley.

Also funny how all the blame is on the reviewers instead of WB, who were at peak-bat at a time where comic movies got huge and delivered nothing but crap to theatres*.

*I haven't seen Killing Joke and that got a limited release, but I don't trust the reviews because that story is violently opposed to the tastes of the mainstream audience and critics

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
All the DC fanboys who are unsatisfied with the poor reviews or who believe Marvel fanboys are actively sabotaging need to calm down a notch or two.

Bad reviews is actually the best that can happen to the DC movies right now, because that might perhaps give them an incentive to actually make good movies, instead of just continue pushing out bad movies because "the reviews weren't so bad".

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
RJ 17 said:
Poetic Nova said:
I believe the insult you're looking for is "And this is why some people shouldn't be allowed to breed."
Touche.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Wouldn't it be easier to start a petition to force DC/WB to actually make good movies instead? Or to rephrase that, wouldn't a peition asking for such make a lot more sense(as far as petitions make sense to begin with)?