Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Review - Episode 2: 0-8-4

drivel

Aug 1, 2008
4Aces said:
As for this episode, they actually identify the weakest part of the show - the kids. Then they proceed to do nothing about it. In fact, Coulson says that just giving them a common enemy is all that it would take to turn them into a team. If that weak writing is the best they can do, this is going to be another Revolution. They need to treat is like Buffy, not a slapstick CW show.

I am still going to give it another few episodes to see if it can find it's post-Joss feet, but even with Joss, the pilot was mediocre. Starting to develop plot holes by episode 2 just brings back bad memories of Revolution. I really, really want to like this. So I am just writing this off as a single bad episode and waiting until next week.
All of this.

First episode was just OK, and this episode: poorly written script, poor acting, little-to-no chemistry between the actors, boring action scenes. Also, the character arcs are obvious already - it's like I can see the whole run of the show laid out in front of me. The "hostage" situation is a poor decision this early in the run. Obviously they're not going to kill off any characters this early (although, that would have made things interesting), and I don't care enough about the characters to be upset if they had. Plus the cameo at the end? This is a low-budget 45-minute commercial for the next Avengers movie. No me gusta.

Zagzag

Sep 11, 2009
craddoke said:
Makabriel said:
\Sorry, but Skye is Faith reborn, just a geeky version of her. She is so much like Eliza Dushku it's scary. Mannerisms and everything..
The actress does seem to be channeling Eliza Dushku (did she read for the part? Because it seems like it was written for her), but the flighty hacker geek is pre-witch Willow grown up -- with maybe a dash of Kaylee.
Glad I'm not the only person who thought that. I actually had to check the credits just to be sure.

Eagi

Dec 10, 2008
Once again Sweden gets mixed up with Switzerland! And probably not for the last time...