Airlines asking men to move seats because they might be molesters

MegaManOfNumbers

Mar 3, 2010
Buretsu said:
Hey, if they can have women-only passenger cars in Japanese subways, there shouldn't be a problem with this, am I right?
Hey, that's an entirely different story.

The passenger cars are because most perverts are Asian; which isn't entirely bigoted, seeing that I'm Asian myself! ^.^

gyroscopeboy

Nov 27, 2010
Can i just say that IF i was a child molester, I would totally get a sex change to up my molestation rate. Seems like having a vagina gives instant access to as many kids as you want!

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Blablahb said:
I can see how that would be annoying. How come they let something that explosive onto an aeroplane?

I think the guy who got moved deserves some kind of compensation for being treated like that. Paying him back the price of his ticket would be fitting.
I feel like as a policy, free alcoholic drinks/food would probably suffice. Most, if not all of the people they're going to ask are going to be drink legal.

Off-topic: Airplane is one of those words I always forget has a different spelling outside of the U.S. Aeroplane just sounds silly and foreign.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
wait how are they sure that the bloke next to me won't molest me?
or that a woman isn't a pedo?
also why would you let kids unaccompanied on a plane in the first place?

thePyro_13

Sep 6, 2008
This entire policy is undermined by the fact that women can be molesters as well. How long before they CAUSE a child molestation by explicitly putting a female molester next to a child?

On the up side, I don't think I'd want to sit next to a kid on a plane anyway, so being able to swap away is probably a good thing.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
gyroscopeboy said:
Can i just say that IF i was a child molester, I would totally get a sex change to up my molestation rate. Seems like having a vagina gives instant access to as many kids as you want!
I can think of a few things wrong with that.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
thesilentman said:
Fuck them. Does this mean that every time I've accidentally looked funny at a person of the other gender, I want stick my penis in their anus?
And strawman in 1.

Car insurance companies charge more for men than women, but it's not because every man is going to crash their car and no women will. Nobody is claiming that every man is a rapist here, or a pedophile, or whatever other fake argument someone can use to drum up righteous indignation.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
Zachary Amaranth said:
thesilentman said:
Fuck them. Does this mean that every time I've accidentally looked funny at a person of the other gender, I want stick my penis in their anus?
And strawman in 1.

Car insurance companies charge more for men than women, but it's not because every man is going to crash their car and no women will. Nobody is claiming that every man is a rapist here, or a pedophile, or whatever other fake argument someone can use to drum up righteous indignation.
A little exaggeration doesn't hurt. Good day.

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
I always wonder what?s going in the private life of a minor flying around the country/world without any guardian be it a parent, relative or whatever... just seems strange...

Anyway on the issue at hand:
I can't blame the airline for getting their ass to the wall to be honest. What I can blame them for is not apologising or thanking the guy in question.
Asking the men to move is business, no hard feelings involved. However not thanking him in a proper way is insulting.
As someone said already: If the flight attendant would have thanked they guy, this story would have never hit the news.
If true the action was sexist and the airline should apologise.

Tbh I lost faith in feminism... then again I never was supposed to have that being male...
If you care for an enlightening story from the EU then google for Markus Theunert and his very short story of being ?male's representative? in Zurich...

Mr Pantomime

Jul 10, 2010
Well, now im just super confused because a lot of commentors are going on about Femenazis, but I can't see why. The article on Jez wasn't supportive of this rule at all.

I can see why the airlines would implement this rule. Covering your ass does take priority over everything else, and they do try to resolve these issues when people book. They dont try hard enough if this is happening though. However, if you do this to me, you better kiss my ass so hard that your lip print is permanent. I want a standing ovation from the entire plane for my sacrifice. I wanted to be treated as a king for the trip. Or just get me liquored up enough that I dont care about the peoples accusing glares.

Dragonclaw

Dec 24, 2007
I'm ok with this as long as they require my seat be next to a hot woman just in case she's a complete nymphomaniac with boundary issues and likes to get inappropriate with stangers.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
i remember a few years when this happened on a BA flight, except in that case the man, while not a guardian or anything, was her mothers boyfriend and he was forced to move seats anyway.

Sexy Devil

Jul 12, 2010
I have a counter-solution, everyone! What if we lock all children in crates in the cargo bay like we do with dogs? No more listening to that annoying baby cry all the way through that three hour flight. No more hearing the little shit have a hissy because his mum won't let him have another coke. Just pure awkward silence, broken by the occasional cough, as it should be.

Think I should start working on my Nobel prize speech for this monumental idea.

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
That awkward moment when the man you move is a cop and the woman you switch him with is a pedophile

This is just ridiculous, and quite frankly as many have said before me is sexist, double standardly too, as if this were to be women being switched, there would be extreme implications.

I really just agree with the op's opinion quote, pretty much sums up how I feel about it.

Shinkicker444

Dec 6, 2011
It's not that surprising for children to travel alone. I used to do it a lot way back when, when I'd go visit the grandparents for a holiday. But back then the air hostesses were always near me, I'd be sitting pretty much with them and there would always be one close by to help me with anything. Do airlines not do that anymore?

Bassik

Jun 15, 2011
I was mollested myself as a young boy, by a woman. But don't bring it up on a feminist website, they'll just assume that I enjoyed it like a typical male.

(No male enjoys it, by the way.)