Alan Wake Canned for Pc

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=234693

Title says it all really.
I find it confusing since this game was one of the showcases for Dx-10 and vista, but now it will be a 360 exclusive?
Plus the reason they give for it is completely lame, they think it will be best on 360 so you have to play on that?

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
I've only heard a little about this game and can't say that I really care much about it at all, but that is a piss poor reason to make it an exclusive.

Poor show, Microsoft.

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
johnman said:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=234693

Title says it all really.
I find it confusing since this game was one of the showcases for Dx-10 and vista, but now it will be a 360 exclusive?
Plus the reason they give for it is completely lame, they think it will be best on 360 so you have to play on that?
The PS3 shows promise of having a pretty good year (that and a couple secret titles Sony has only teased the market with) so Microsoft is trying to one up it.

So what else is new?

I don't know, the game seemed interesting at first but the more I look at it the more it looks like Silent Hill: Homecoming mixed with Alone in the Dark.

In the ways Yahtzee mention in his reviews of those two games....-_-

Another words, it's no Silent Hill 2 or Resident Evil 4.

comadorcrack

The Master of Speilingz
Mar 19, 2009
In the words of Darth Vader

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......

Actually I'm not that upset, I just don't like the idea of exclusives...

TelHybrid

May 16, 2009
"and others are best played from the couch in front of a larger TV screen"

Gee I didn't realise that most modern HDTVs didn't have VGA inputs, and 360 controllers don't work on PC now?

Man... they have such a good point!

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
TelHybrid said:

Gee I didn't realise that most modern HDTVs didn't have VGA inputs, and 360 controllers don't work on PC now?

I play my 360 on a nice big monitor next to my PC and I love it.

destroyer2k

Oct 12, 2008
MS will in future fail for not supporting games on windows. More and more are going to linux and when all games will be on linux then they will get what they deserve. This is very odd that I say MS is depended on windows gamers but think about it if we weren't gamers we wouldn't need windows and we would teach our kids linux not windows and then all new comers to gaming industry would use openGL and not Dx.

Ryuk2

Sep 27, 2009
Now i lost all my respect for them what so ever. Now i will throw out Max Payne and MP2.
I had THIS game idea for more then 9 years, now that finally there's a game like that coming out (and from great developers) I won't be able to play it.
I refuse to touch that xbox thing!
Dirty sell outs.

aegios187

Jun 17, 2007
What a slap in the face to PC owners, were the other games ever out on consoles? I don't recall. I only ever played Max Payne games on PC and repurchased them via Steam about a year back to play through them again. Looks like I'll be skipping this one. I am not interested in owning a PC and a console.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
Well... that sucks. From what I heard about it, I thought it looked quite interesting.

TelHybrid

May 16, 2009
Amnestic said:
TelHybrid said:

I play my 360 on a nice big monitor next to my PC and I love it.
Hmm I use my monitor as well sometimes when I have friends over to system link.

Thanks for emphasizing my point. =P

AWAR

Nov 15, 2009
W
T
F

FIRST COD 7 SUBCRIPTION FEES AND THEN THIS!
These are sings of the Armageddon I'm telling you...

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Shit...this game needed all the releases it could get. The PC crowd would have brought more revenue. This isn't a console seller, unlike some exclusives.

Poor choice, indeed.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
I was having a hard time caring about Alan Wake as it was. What a weird decision. This isn't the kind of game I prefer on a console.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
TelHybrid said:
Hmm I use my monitor as well sometimes when I have friends over to system link.

Thanks for emphasizing my point. =P
I'm a Spectre. Some days I defuse nukes, some days I have sex with Quarians, some days I just enjoy boosting people on internet forums.

I have to go. [http://pc.rpgsite.net/articles/152/189/mark-meer-interview.html]

pigeon_of_doom

Vice-Captain Hammer
Feb 9, 2008
Bastards. I was looking forward to playing Alan Wake.

Onyx Oblivion said:
This isn't a console seller, unlike some exclusives.

Poor choice, indeed.
Exactly. A new IP, even if it is from a developer with a track record as good as Max Payne, would benefit from a wider release. This game has got some decent backing from MS so far in its history, but something mimicking Twin Peaks doesn't look like it has mass market appeal. Terrible decision, and I don't think I'm saying that just because I'm bitter.