Alan Wake II

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Can the modders just merge his thread into mine? That way it doesn't get redundant. I got all the preview and impressive videos up already. When the game comes out I'll post as many reviews as possible.
Done

Reactions: BrawlMan
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Wow a mod! Any chance you could please help with my old legacy account -

I’ve literally been locked out of it for months and started this one in the meantime. The authenticator app I used for 2 step got deleted and since it requires 2 step to access after thirty days there’s no way for me to get a new code. I’ve been hitting up Nick and whoever else is on the Discord here and there since June but all I’ve gotten back is that they’ll send it to tech but to be patient. Nothing yet.

I’ve tried contacting Gamurs Group too but never got a response from email (doesn’t appear there’s a customer service phone #). Never get any notifications from this forum’s contact section either.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Still not a fan of this decision.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Still not a fan of this decision.

The disc as just a “key” to download really punctuates how things have changed in this industry. Movies meanwhile, still no problem being sold as physical.

*Cringes* that’s opening up the floodgates to them getting tons of shit if there’s any problems on consoles. I can at least see the Series S struggling as usual if the game is visually intensive enough for them to favor 30fps.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The disc as just a “key” to download really punctuates how things have changed in this industry. Movies meanwhile, still no problem being sold as physical.

*Cringes* that’s opening up the floodgates to them getting tons of shit if there’s any problems on consoles. I can at least see the Series S struggling as usual if the game is visually intensive enough for them to favor 30fps.
At the end of the day, whenever these developers and/or publishers go digital only, they just want control of the sales. They don't want people buying these games used, and are trying to screw over the second-hand market. I know Remedy said they did this to make things cheaper, but just charge $60, if you want to make it physical. You have no need for the extra $10. Because it's $50 on PC and $60 on consoles. How is that fair?

It's ironic, because Epic went on about how they'll demand Remedy to make a physical version, yet that's neither here or there. Which means Remedy more than likely told them to screw off and say we're doing digital only. Now if they do make a physical release at some point, they better make it cheaper or only start at $50. Either way, it's a double dip.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
At the end of the day, whenever these developers and/or publishers go digital only, they just want control the sales. They don't want people buying these games used, and are trying to screw over the second-hand market. I know Remedy said they did this to make things cheaper, but just charge $60, if you want to make it physical. You have no need for the extra $10. Because it's $50 on PC and $60 on consoles. How is that fair?

It's ironic, because Epic went on about how they'll demand remedy to make a physical version, yet that's neither here or there. Which means Remedy more than likely told them to screw off and say we're doing digital only. Now if they do make a physical release at some point, that they better make it cheaper or only start at $50. Either way, it's a double dip.
Licensing and platform fees which don’t exist on PC are the main reason, but they’ll also try to use the excuse that PC is largely digital only which will soon fail to hold much water as consoles wind up the same.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
So there are some worrying things about this game as of now..

Really the big one is the PC specs were released and they are pretty tight. Now I'm not a scholar of gaming history like some of y'all but I can't remember a game with alarmingly high spec requirements coming out and being actually great. From what we've seen so far of gameplay, it's kind of Resident Evil / Dead Space like and those games are all fine so what is up with AW2? Who knows, but it's concerning.

Then there's the fact that it's digital only. Now as you know I personally don't care, I don't buy discs but... it's weird, that they just decided this game won't come out on discs. Just this game- it has nothing to do with platform, it's not Sony or Microsoft pressuring them to do this, they just don't wanna release like other games. Weird.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Then there's the fact that it's digital only. Now as you know I personally don't care, I don't buy discs but... it's weird, that they just decided this game won't come out on discs. Just this game- it has nothing to do with platform, it's not Sony or Microsoft pressuring them to do this, they just don't wanna release like other games. Weird.
Remedy claims is the cheapest price, but the game is still $60 digital consoles and $50 digital on PC. If that's the case, then just release the game as $60 with a physical version. Remedy, you are under no obligation to release it at $70. Epic doesn't care, and you pretty much told them to screw off they said a physical version will be available. I doubt it. It sucks, because people have been waiting over 10 years for sequel to this game. You made physical versions of all your other games in the re-release of the purse game, you can do the same for this one!

Last edited:

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
Huh, reviews on this are coming out quite positive, more than expected.

Look at all those frolicking lil greenies! Green cause they're good for the environment too. Climate friendly numbers we got here.

Screenshot_2023-10-26-15-06-19-40_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

is getting costly having year so fine for this agoraphobic hobby. kids are gonna have to go hunting the local parks for squirrels again this month.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Wow a mod! Any chance you could please help with my old legacy account -

I’ve literally been locked out of it for months and started this one in the meantime. The authenticator app I used for 2 step got deleted and since it requires 2 step to access after thirty days there’s no way for me to get a new code. I’ve been hitting up Nick and whoever else is on the Discord here and there since June but all I’ve gotten back is that they’ll send it to tech but to be patient. Nothing yet.

I’ve tried contacting Gamurs Group too but never got a response from email (doesn’t appear there’s a customer service phone #). Never get any notifications from this forum’s contact section either.
Hey there! I really wish I could help, but to fix this would require backend access far beyond what us moderators have. The next person up in the chain of command is Nick, so if you're already speaking to him, you're on the path I would recommend. Sorry about that.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Hey there! I really wish I could help, but to fix this would require backend access far beyond what us moderators have. The next person up in the chain of command is Nick, so if you're already speaking to him, you're on the path I would recommend. Sorry about that.
Thanks for checking at least. It kinda seems like an oversight on the site’s part, since there’s literally nothing the user can do without the authenticator app being connected to their account. Like with password reset it’s just a new one is sent to email, but for this issue I can’t even do that since it still would need the 2step code.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Game looks pretty legit.

From Game Informer -

Alan Wake II takes place in the real amount of time since we played the original game. Alan has been stuck in limbo for 13 years, trying his hardest to write himself back to reality. From a zoomed-out perspective, both Alan Wake games are about a man trying to escape an evil entity. On closer inspection, however, the story is about the nature of art, what it means to create, the reliability of memory and reality, parenting, friendship, and of course, murder. Alan Wake II’s story, sometimes clumsily, navigates all these topics with morose voiceover, beautiful visuals, impressive performances, and bizarre set pieces that will undoubtedly become the game’s primary talking point for the rest of its legacy.

This is where Alan Wake II shines. The way it presents its story is different than just about everything out there, and even though I would have liked more interactivity during conversations and internal monologues, I remained consistently engaged.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Just heads up everyone, I'll be out of town for half the weekend, so I won't be playing AWII until I get back later on Sunday.

Sucks he had to go through all those bugs and can't finish the game, because of a soft lock glitch. I know Remedy hasn't responded with anything yet. It might be better to wait until that gets checked out.

EDIT: According to Gameranx, there is a day one patch happening and NG+ is there immedately after you finish the game. Good to see another game not put NG+ a few months or 8 months later.

Last edited:

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Ah well. The pre-reviews were good. So i got myself an epic game account and bought the game.

Also: I bought it with the money i made from trading Remedy Entertainment stock yesterday, he. Paid for itself.
(But i should have held longer and sold later yesterday - the stock spiked really hard. Didn't think that would happen... weird stuff - Went up from ~24 to ~29,50 but i sold at 26, hehe)

So, let's see if the first game in years i got myself moderately hyped up for delivers. (Will be playing in the evening.... stupid work.)

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Ah well. The pre-reviews were good. So i got myself an epic game account and bought the game.

Also: I bought it with the money i made from trading Remedy Entertainment stock yesterday, he. Paid for itself.
(But i should have held longer and sold later yesterday - the stock spiked really hard. Didn't think that would happen... weird stuff - Went up from ~24 to ~29,50 but i sold at 26, hehe)

So, let's see if the first game in years i got myself moderately hyped up for delivers. (Will be playing in the evening.... stupid work.)
It went up precisely because of early feedback from how the game is being received. It goes to show how much this kinda thing affects.