Alec Baldwin Involved in Fatal Shooting On Set of Rust

Fallen Soldier

Brother Lombax
Oct 28, 2021
Country
United States
They apparently had three accidental discharges prior. Unbelievable. But I'm blaming the actor too. Adam Baldwin is right. Some more of him:

But for rare cases of such criminal negligence, what you suggest isn't necessary.
off topic but I assume Adam isn’t related to Alec?

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
off topic but I assume Adam isn’t related to Alec?
Doesn't mean he can't say his brother did something stupid.
They're not related. I assumed they were until someone said this to me:

"The hilarious thing about it is that this is the guy that was Animal Mother in Full Metal Jacket and Jayne in Firefly/Serenity. He's no relation to Alec and makes that abundantly clear. See Adam loves him some guns."

Last edited:
Reactions: Mister Mumbler

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
They're not related. I assumed they were until someone said this to me:

"The hilarious thing about it is that this is the guy that was Animal Mother in Full Metal Jacket and Jayne in Firefly/Serenity. He's no relation to Alec and makes that abundantly clear. See Adam loves him some guns."
They're not brothers.

I stand dutifully corrected. Did not know that.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
Alec Baldwin's brothers are (in approximate order of fame) William, Stephen, and Daniel.

Adam Baldwin is unrelated. And also a bit of a tool.
Wears a woolen hat like nobody's business, though.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
“I’m shocked and saddened by her death,” assistant director David Halls said. “It’s my hope that this tragedy prompts the industry to reevaluate its values and practices to ensure no one is harmed through the creative process again.”

What an asshole. No responsibility. It's the industry's fault, not his. Why did he even open his mouth?

Last edited:

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
“I’m shocked and saddened by her death,” assistant director David Halls said. “It’s my hope that this tragedy prompts the industry to reevaluate its values and practices to ensure no one is harmed through the creative process again.”

What an asshole. No responsibility. It's the industry's fault, not his. Why did he even open his mouth?

Right after the shoot, David Halls draws a pistol from his pocket and tosses it to the keygrip. "Think fast!"
Laughtrack

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Interesting piece. Were Baldwin your client, you'd probably want him to zip it as well.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009

He's not entirely wrong either though.

When there's an institutional way of doing things, people tend to just do it. It's what people learn to do when they're starting, it's what they think is expected of them. Especially where people are busy and resources limited, they take off-the-peg processes rather than reflect on other ways. In many cases the means for doing it differently may not readily available (products, experienced staff, etc.) because doing it differently is so rare.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
Here's the thing. From everything that has come out so far, it sounds like there was so much negligence on-site that it's ridiculous. You have an armorer who is very green at the least, without a more experienced advisor, so she was basically just winging it. You have multiple people handling a gun without checking to make sure the gun is actually safe. You have live rounds making it into a gun that shouldn't have live rounds at all...

This wasn't a case of "the industry". It was a series of fuck-ups, and from the sound of it, cutting corners to a lethal level.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Here's the thing. From everything that has come out so far, it sounds like there was so much negligence on-site that it's ridiculous. You have an armorer who is very green at the least, without a more experienced advisor, so she was basically just winging it. You have multiple people handling a gun without checking to make sure the gun is actually safe. You have live rounds making it into a gun that shouldn't have live rounds at all...

This wasn't a case of "the industry". It was a series of fuck-ups, and from the sound of it, cutting corners to a lethal level.
Cock-up cascade, just like Gordon Freeman.

Reactions: BrawlMan