Alien 5 Delayed Indefinitely Due to Prometheus 2

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Johnny Novgorod said:
Do I want Alien 5 or Prometheus 2? Decisions, decisions.
I'll always be a fan of the first couple of Alien movies, so there's that.
Then again a Prometheus sequel can do nothing but improve... right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgk-lA12FBk

But if I have to choose, Prometheus 2. As poor as the first film was, its timeframe/setting has a lot of untapped potential. I'd argue that some of that's even paid off, such as the viral marketing campaign that went with it. It's similar to what I've seen people comment about the Star Wars prequels - whatever the quality of the movies themselves, the associated material (e.g. expanded universe) is quite good. That's already paid off with the promotional EU material for Prometheus as well.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Nice bit of unbiased reporting there mr Jones. /sarcasm off

Honestly i'm thrilled at this. I thoroughly enjoyed Prometheus despite all it's flaws (Though they really should have kept the Engineer speaking in the movie) and can't wait to see where Scott goes next.

I'll take that over an Alien reboot with 'a cool new pulse rifle' (Which looks overdesigned btw) anyday. This all started with Alien, not Aliens remember?

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
I think the key to a good Prometheus 2 (or whatever we're calling it) is to not let Lindeloff near the script again.
The key to a good Alien 5 (or whatever that one will be called) is to not let Blomkamp write the script at all.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Silentpony said:
Oh for fuck's sake!
No one liked Prometheus! No one liked Alien 3!
Everyone liked Aliens! Get a clue, Hollywood! You're worse than EA!
I like Prometheus, and I like Alien 3, and I know for a fact that I'm not alone on both of those opinions. Nor is the quality of any movie an indication of how good it's sequel will be. The butthurt in this thread is so unwarranted it's hilarious.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Did someone particularly ask for Prometheus 2? I certainly didn't, and I thought neither did the world after the rather awkward disappointment the first one was. It wasn't rotten to the core or anything, but definitely plagued by a total horseshit script.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Casual Shinji said:
And thankfully Blomkamp's marshmellow man sized social commentary won't be yet another black mark against this franchise.
This was always my problem with Blomkamp...there's ham-fisting social commentary into movies, and then there's going with Blomkamp's style of portrayal. Knowing him, the message of Aliens 5 would likely be yet another story regarding the immigration issue in which the actual Aliens are made to represent illegal aliens just wanting a better life...by chewing our faces off and bursting out of our chests, but shame on us for blasting them to bits just because of their culture of face-chewing and chest-bursting.

mxfox408

Pee Eye Em Pee Daddy
Apr 4, 2010
This is good news to me. Retconing Alien 3 is a stupid move as I thought it was a decent film. But these idiots actually think they can get away with pretending they didn't happen? they might as well call it Alien 3 remake or The Alien. bunch of idiots. I hope it never comes to be.