Alien asks you to prove humanity is worth saving

Saxm13

Feb 22, 2010
What do you say/do?

You've all probably seen movie/game (coughgreenlanterndaytheearthstoodstillcough) where aliens debate on whether they should commit to sparing/saving Earth.

I figure this is probably a difficult question for pessemistics.

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
man, did they choose the wrong guy to ask. i'd tell them, "you'd better ask someone else."

gCrusher

Mar 17, 2011
Play music for them. We create some great audible noise. There's so many types, got to be something for everyone, even ET's.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
pretty much the only things we can do that prove any kind of worth are art and music

Arctarus'sCookie

May 9, 2011
Show them the Escapist or Halolz. and if neither of them work we could show them what TF2 was like before it went F2P.

Araksardet

Jun 5, 2011
Depends on the alien psychology.

(1) We're not worth the ammunition.
(2) All species in the universe like humans as sex partners, right? Hey, we're open, we even like tentacles!
(3) We can dance! Dance, monkeys, dance! See how laughable we are?
(4) Saving us is spitting in the face of Death, which is the nature and glory of Life.
(5) We'd make great additions to your zoos, where your children can throw peanuts at us.

Honestly, no alien species considering destroying us would be swayed by Shakespeare or Beethoven or Confucius, or anything else "great" we've done or produced - let alone "Humans have the capacity to luuurve!". Best to try to appeal to their base natures, whatever those might be.

Byere

Jan 8, 2009
I couldn't... Anything I said would be a lie as I personally don't feel humanity, in its current state, is worth saving.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
As of right now? I'd probably show them the immense and immediate support the community showed for Allison from EC. $70 grand in 3 days for a perfect stranger shows that there is good in humanity.

CaptainTrilby

Jun 3, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVa_4UOvb-g&feature=related This man. This man right here is proof that humanity is worth saving. THE VOICE THAT COULD IMPREGNATE GOD HIMSELF through its SHEER LOUDNESS.

razer17

Feb 3, 2009
Argghh here comes the onslaught of people with "HERP DERP HUMANITY IS TEH SUXXORS!".

There are so many different stories that you could bring up which show humanity in good light, but apparently the people of this website love to be pessimistic, and only think of the bad ones. Only problem is that the feel good stories get much less coverage. They are out there though, and humanity as a whole is bigger and better than the negatives we see in the news.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
AbundantRedundancy said:
I'd ask, "Who the fuck are you to judge?"
Then kick him in his alien balls.

Seriously through, you would really expect better from an "advanced" species. What kind of culture just goes around wiping out those that don't conform to their cultural standards. Especially when the ones that don't conform are locked onto a small little planet tucked away in another corner of the universe without a means to interact with them on any terms but their own.

Did I just inadvertently imply that people can't stop sticking there noses where they don't belong, and we would all be better off if they did stop? I think I did.

Seives-Sliver

Jun 25, 2008
I would hold my hands up and say "Alright, you got me, we're not worth saving, but just so we're even, prove that Aliens are worth keeping around." It would give them enough time to think while we blow up their planet, and take them hostage, because we're humans.

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
gCrusher said:
Play music for them. We create some great audible noise. There's so many types, got to be something for everyone, even ET's.
Outside of Star Wars, how often do you see aliens and music together? It almost never happens, so they need us to bring it to them.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Tell them to live on Earth for a year and pay attention to the small people, the details. If you look at people in power, governments, or corporations, then we're toast. If you look at the stranger who dives into a flaming car to save a child, at the townspeople who donated thousands of dollars to pay for a stranger's life-saving operation because he couldn't afford it (or the same thing that happened on this website), or the volunteers who run animal shelters, then we may stand a chance.
After a year, they should be able to answer their own question. What that answer is, I can't say.