Alien asks you to prove humanity is worth saving

Apr 14, 2011
Well first of all, ask them what they think gives them the right, secondly, why waste the resources destroying a planet that couldn't return the threat, thirdly, offer up megan fox as a sacrifice.

Krinku

Feb 5, 2011
It's not honestly. We kill each other over the stupidest things(religion, race, politics, etc.).

vivster

Oct 16, 2010
i'd ask them how soon they want to destroy our civilization
then again there is really no reason i could come up with how we could be of some use for a superior and more advanced race

my last resort would be "killing us makes more work for you then we're worth. Just wait a few decades and we've killed ourselves anyway"

gbemery

Jun 27, 2009
I'd ask them what is it to them what happens on one planet? The amount of death and pollution is just a fraction of the amount of killing and crap they have done by going around and destroying other worlds. I assume they have since they have the technology to wipe us out in like a day. So pretty much their morals are more fucked up and twisted than ours.

Laurie Barnes

May 19, 2010
I'd tell him that not everyone is worth saving. And That he should let me pick who lives and dies, considering by posing that question to me, he already kind of did. Once he was done wiping out the evil and corrupt, I'd have him kill me as well because I would be corrupt now as well. Hopefully that would teach him something about humanity.

Kraj

Jan 21, 2008
Danny 6Speed said:
Araksardet said:
Depends on the alien psychology.

(1) We're not worth the ammunition.
(2) All species in the universe like humans as sex partners, right? Hey, we're open, we even like tentacles!
(3) We can dance! Dance, monkeys, dance! See how laughable we are?
(4) Saving us is spitting in the face of Death, which is the nature and glory of Life.
(5) We'd make great additions to your zoos, where your children can throw peanuts at us.

Honestly, no alien species considering destroying us would be swayed by Shakespeare or Beethoven or Confucius, or anything else "great" we've done or produced - let alone "Humans have the capacity to luuurve!". Best to try to appeal to their base natures, whatever those might be.
Or "We are built for war, we had the ability to destroy all life on earth before we got into space. A few thousand of us will change the course of any wars you might be fighting."
This.
"We are the most wondrously innovative, stubborn, and driven species; when it comes to destruction. At the very least, share with us your technology, and we will do the same to your enemies as we have done to ourselves."

DarkOsmosis

May 14, 2011
aenimau5 said:
We make excellent slaves.
Exactly, one thing an advanced alien would probably suffer from is physical and immunological atrophy due to technology substituting their need for strength and a strong immune system. We can already see in first world countries that the prevalence of auto-immune disorders and allergies compared to say only 50 years ago, just imagine that effect tenfold on an alien species that has become dependant on technology. They would value our comparatively superior and robust immune system as well as our physical strength due to our brief flirtation with technological advances; which would naturally make us useful to them as them for manual labour or medical research (which I suppose they could also take by force) so as to give them a reason not to destroy us out of scientific curiosity.

MajWound

Mar 18, 2009
Who says the aliens have emotions? Who says they have senses capable of perceiving our world? Maybe they follow separate physical laws and are bound by different dimensions. Maybe they exist only as energy, or maybe they are so weak and frail that they have to prove to US that THEY should live.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
well theres...i mean we have um.....ill help you destroy earth if you spare my life and let me come with you

MrRetroSpectacles

Mar 6, 2011
Do they have to kill us all? Surely they could just pick out the obvious scurge to Humanity, publically obliterate them and use it as a warning against being dickish. I'd probably just tell them to stay away for a good while longer, while we develop more. You don't punch an infant when it's in the "mine" phase do you?