Alien invasion: Your reaction

Ironside

Mar 5, 2012
I'd either breathe on them or throw water at them at first just to check they weren't the signs or war of the worlds aliens. If that failed i guess i'd just have to hope they went to the same school of laser shooting as any stormtrooper from the star wars universe, so that i could make my escape.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Stare at them for a while, then contact the best person we have. An expert in the field.

I feel pretty safe with him around.

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
i'd finaly have a reason to smile, and i would, and it would be genuine. then i'd go out looking to get found by one for reasons.

Tamashikiri

Nov 23, 2009
I've actually put a lot of thought into this very scenario. My plan is, before an invasion even happens, I make friends with an alien living on Earth so when the Vogons arrive, he/she will hopefully take me with him/her when he/she hitches a ride on one of the spaceships.

Or I could just lay low until our Earth illnesses wipe them out. That always works.

LordOmnit

Oct 8, 2007
Are they going to screw around with our communications systems (specifically the internet) and are they going to get in the way of the postal service? If not then screw it, I don't care.

If they are then I'll hide and work out until I am built like a space marine (or the closest reasonable equivalent) and then punch and shoot things until the internet comes back on and dudes in trucks start bringing me my games, books, and other odds and ends again..

Pebkio

The Purple Mage
Nov 9, 2009
Arm up and head for an underground bottleneck. I doubt they'd care much about most people at first, so I'd have some time. I'd only really have to worry when the harvesting started. Maybe get a team of nine together, but I don't want to get too big or we'd attract more attention than we could handle. Otherwise, I'd at least be secure for when the planet is cleared out with... I don't know, a poison maybe?

Brotha Desmond

Jan 3, 2011
Go about my day as usual. We checked most nearby planets and we have yet to fins life. They would be far enough away that a full scale invasion would be to inefficient.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Well if the aliens are anything like the ones from war of the worlds, stand outside in the rain until I catch a cold. Then get into some comfy clothes, pack a hot water bottle and a flask of a hot drink, then go kick some alien ass.

If not. Side which ever side has hovrboards and jetpacks.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Nuke them from orbit, only way to be sure... Yes I realize that we are on the planet we would be nuking, but odds are we'd be buggered, so I'm of the mind of take them down with me kind of thing.

senordesol

Oct 12, 2009
Where is the fleet and can the ICBMs reach them? The biggest issue I see with the feasibility of an alien invasion is the presence of orbital support. Unless they're threatening to use viral warfare, once their ships are knocked out the ground forces would be target practice.

snowpuppy

Feb 18, 2011
I would imagine that it is a peaceful take over and so I would advocate our new overlords. I seriously doubt they would kill the Earth's entire population in order to inhabit a planet that likely requires terraforming, not to mention the centuries of infrastructure that they likely would be incompatible with. Chances are they will annex us and make us build spaceships or something. I just hope humanity would not decide on war...
So in answer to your question: I would continue to enjoy the holidays whilst writing letters to the newspaper about my acceptance of our new alien overlords. *Sips tea*

Wackymon

Jul 22, 2011
I would stand around in shock, then mutter "Merde..."
Then, just continue as well as I can with my daily life, and, when my internet goes down, read. Then wait to die.