Alien: Isolation Reveal Preview

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Alien: Isolation Reveal Preview

So there?s a new game in the Alien franchise coming out.

Read Full Article

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Well, I had to clench my butt after seeing this little reveal.
So you are tell me that this game has ...
- Horror.
- One alien.
- No guns.
- And NO Colonial Marines/Merc in sight.

I have to admit that trailer scared me a tad, of the actual horror and the fact that it might be another Colonial Marines like trailer, you know the one that promised so much.

Sorry for saying this, but I'm not trusting anything yet, but I will hope and pray that this game might actually erase THOSE memories of that game.

DocZombie

Jul 28, 2011
Picking up an "Outlast in space" vibe from this - which makes me very excited...! Using Ripley's daughter (before she got married, apparently) seems a little unnecessary, but at least the devs aren't screaming "We're canon! This is a legitimate in-between-quel!" like the A:CM asshats

Keeping an open mind and a watchful eye...

[Edit]
Damn - BigTuk beat me to the Outlast ref...

GameChanger

Sep 5, 2011
This might just mend the hole in my heart caused by Colonial marines, though I am a bit skeptical seeing as we have merely seen a trailer, and we all know how that turned out the first time.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
Well I think I speak for a good number of us who would just like to say SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
this sounds promising as long they really keep their word for it. just the thought of having one alien and nothing to defend your self sounds just delicious.
will keep an eye on it.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
Shut up, take my money I'M IN. Seeing the gameplay and actually feeling dread just from watching it makes me very excited, especially as a fan of the franchise. Also, Outlast in space I'm not too angry about. It fits the alien franchise so very well, and I love the idea of just you running from one alien. Not twenty, or one hundred, just one.

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
The one thing I've noticed from the screenshots is that they need more atmospheric fog. If you remember the fiasco that was Silent Hill HD, it was the thick fog that really sold the horror aspect of the original game - Seems to me other developers still haven't picked up on that yet, even if it's considered cheap from a graphics perspective.

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
Is it me or does this game look like a point and click adventure?

It reminds me a bit of one, but with a sci-fi theme.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
I was one of those detractors who, back when this game was announced, didn't see the point of involving Ripley's daughter. In retrospect it doesn't really matter. It's not like the past 10 22 years of failed attempts (counting both movies and games) exactly helped.

It's up to the new generation to walk up, take a look around, and say "Yes, I can do something with this." So bring your A game, young people. And I'll leave the pop-cultural/emotional baggage out of it.

Khymerion

Apr 10, 2012
I am only really afraid of the fact that it is a Creative Assembly game and it will be riddled with horrid bugs and mediocre game play that will never live up to promises. Their track record as of late has been less than inspiring, especially after Rome II. I know, different team... though it is the same studio. You can't change a nature of overhyping a product and failing to deliver.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
I am in. Done. Sold. I will preorder this on my One, as soon as I can. The glimpses of the game in this trailer frightened me in a way that I havent been frightened since.... well, since I saw the original ALIEN trailer before the movie came out in 1979, and it absolutely terrified me as a kid. Just these few glimpses made the hair stand up on the back of my neck, and I found myself holding my breath, and I am giddy as a two year old for this game already!

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
Riff Moonraker said:
I am in. Done. Sold. I will preorder this on my One, as soon as I can. The glimpses of the game in this trailer frightened me in a way that I havent been frightened since.... well, since I saw the original ALIEN trailer before the movie came out in 1979, and it absolutely terrified me as a kid. Just these few glimpses made the hair stand up on the back of my neck, and I found myself holding my breath, and I am giddy as a two year old for this game already!
Don't do it. Do not preorder this game. Don't get me wrong, it looks great and all, and I'm super, super excited to see more, but remember Colonial Marines and how many people got suckered in to preordering it based off of trailers and stuff. Wait and see how it turns out before gambling your money.

The_Darkness

Nov 8, 2010
Mcoffey said:
My only gripe is that the main character is Ripley's daughter. Just, why? That's so dumb! Ripley didn't have some special genetics that made her better suited to fighting xenomorphs (At least in the first three...), and Aliens really seemed to imply that Amanda lived a long, happy, boring life.
It may be unnecessary, but I wouldn't call it dumb.

It makes sense that Amanda would be interested in Ripley's disappearance, and it provides an extra connection to the films for the player. That's reason enough as far as I'm concerned. (I'm also not complaining at the chance for a female lead in an Alien game...)

And hey, if you do get caught by the alien, not only have you died, you've also screwed up Alien-canon. So that's an extra incentive to stay alive! :p

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
Furioso said:
Riff Moonraker said:
Don't do it. Do not preorder this game. Don't get me wrong, it looks great and all, and I'm super, super excited to see more, but remember Colonial Marines and how many people got suckered in to preordering it based off of trailers and stuff. Wait and see how it turns out before gambling your money.
I know, I know. :( I almost... ALMOST got suckered by the Aliens: Colonial Marines, too, but saw the writing on the wall. I just keep hoping, and keep getting let down, that one day someone will make THAT game with Alien. Now I am wanting this to be THAT game, and so far it sure looks like it could be.... but yeah, I want to see more, and hear more first.