Alien-Like Figure Spotted on Moon via Google Earth Map (Video)

Alex Co

Dec 11, 2013
Alien-Like Figure Spotted on Moon via Google Earth Map (Video)

Check out the video of what looks to be an alien figure spotted on the Moon this July using Google Earth map.

Regardless if you believe there's life on other planets or not, you might want to check out the video embedded to see what looks to be like an alien spotted on the Moon using Google Earth maps. Captured by YouTube user Wowforreal and submmited UFO Sighting Daily, the person claims, "An irregularly shaped dark spot he noticed on Google Moon looks like it could be a cast shadow from a massive standing object, or figure. At first I thought maybe it was something drawn into the picture but after going to G. Moon, whatever it is or isn't.. uh, is there. You get the idea. Go check it out and of course decide for yourself. Debunk it, shred it, figure it out."

The image was captured in July 2014 and from what we've seen of it from the video, it appears to be a shadowy figure of something. If you're still skeptical, go check it out for yourself using Google Earth with the coordinates provided in the video (hopefully, it hasn't "moved" by the time you check it). Whatever it is, it's certainly big; or at least big enough to be seen on the Moon this visibly.

Is this a sign that the alien apocalypse is upon us? Probably not. But hey, even if it is, we have the Guardians of the Galaxy to protect us [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/guardians+of+the+galaxy?from_search=1], right? What do you make of the image? Could it be someone trolling people using Google Earth for alien sightings or could this possibly be the real deal?

Source: International Business Times [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QdYvelStn8#t=25]

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Huh. Looks like Marvel was right. Uatu is up there watching over us.

Good to know.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Eh...if there's pictures of him doing drawings with his nose while someone says "Upside down upside down", then I'll be excited.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Well I'll go prepare for our alien overlords.

Wait.. Why does google EARTH have moon maps? That bothers me much more than it should to be honest.

Keoul

Apr 4, 2010
Eh, alien or not not much I can do about it.
Just gonna wait it out, I doubt it's anything alive though considering how barren the moon is. And if it is a living thing that somehow survived on the moon with no spaceship in sight well I guess all we can hope for is that it's just a friendly stranded alien and our governments don't dissect the poor chap.

MrFalconfly

Sep 5, 2011
Pareidolia

Why do everybody forget that their brain's primary function is to find patterns in noise, so you don't get eaten by a pack of wolves?!?

Of cause there's gonna be plenty of "false-positives".

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
It must be an alien!

Look at the craters around it, in them, the shadows are going almost exactly the other way.

Only an alien would have a shadow that goes towards the light source.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
I'd like to imagine that it's Google trolling us, or rather, the paranoids that buy into the "no really, the UFOs are here and the governments are trying to cover them up" 'stuff'.

It'd be a pretty funny joke :p

If it isn't though, I'd chalk it up to coincidence, because in the amassed shared knowledge of mankind, there will always be coincidences. In this case, it's just a person wanting to see something where there is nothing.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Sigmund Av Volsung said:
I'd like to imagine that it's Google trolling us

Snip
My first thought as well. I wouldn't put it past the company that makes mini games out of their homepage.

Chessrook44

Legacy
Feb 11, 2009
Country
United States
You know what this reminds me of? The face on Mars that showed up ages ago

Turned out to be shadows cast by a bunch of rocks, but it still made lots of people suddenly believe that there was life on Mars trying to contact us.

So chances are likely it's not a person, not aliens, not a troll, or anything else like that. Just us finding a sailboat in the clouds.

drakonz

Mar 1, 2014
figure with same shape and shadow appears on various parts of the moon acording to comments (repeating itself every 36km) of the video. so i would asume its ether prank done by google or something messing up the satellite that took the pictures (some small part on top of the camera part of satellite or mby even shadow of the satellite itself?)

sorsa

Dec 19, 2011
Looks like a zombie, on the moon. A Moon Zombie. God help us all.

They are effectively safe from decay up there, so the zombies are clearly using the moon as a staging ground in preparation for their inevitable invasion of earth.

Th37thTrump3t

Nov 12, 2009
Shiftygiant said:
Or the ghost of Neil Armstrong!
[ghostvoice] Give back my naaaaaads! [/ghostvoice]

...oh wait, wrong Armstrong.

[sup][sup]*ahem*[/sup][/sup]

Anywho, that must be one giant-ass alien, since the smallest classified crater size is about 5km wide and you can clearly see a few craters around this "guy."

Clowndoe

Aug 6, 2012
sorsa said:
They are effectively safe from decay up there, so the zombies are clearly using the moon as a staging ground in preparation for their inevitable invasion of earth.
You may be able to escape bacteria that cause decomposition, but you can't escape thermodynamics.

Whew, dodged another bullet.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Yup, that's definitely....a shape.

MrFalconfly said:
Pareidolia

Why do everybody forget that their brain's primary function is to find patterns in noise, so you don't get eaten by a pack of wolves?!?

Of cause there's gonna be plenty of "false-positives".
Especially since a false positive still leads to survival, whereas a false negative likely won't.

thaluikhain said:
It must be an alien!

Look at the craters around it, in them, the shadows are going almost exactly the other way.

Only an alien would have a shadow that goes towards the light source.
OR Satan!

sorsa

Dec 19, 2011
Clowndoe said:
You may be able to escape bacteria that cause decomposition, but you can't escape thermodynamics.

Whew, dodged another bullet.
Yes, well.. I'm not convinced we are safe yet. They could be... ( ?_?)>⌐■-■ ...Zombie Alcoholics. (⌐■_■)

exobook

Sep 28, 2011
Halyah said:
So how long until its revealed it's just a rock?
More likely a ridge like as even if it was a figure it would be about 100m tall. The shadow is also in the wrong place if he thinks the bigger shape is a man, zoom out and 40km to the south east there is a hill showing the shadow on the moon falling to the west, the shadow as the poster claim is falling to the east.

Its still an interesting find but sorry, no coconut.