Alien-Like Figure Spotted on Moon via Google Earth Map (Video)

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Strazdas said:
No. i was merely saying that humanoid aliens is a possibility because evolution.
Well, of course. But no more or less a probability than that they'd look like nothing we'd ever seen or imagined. In fact, it's just as if not more likely they'd look nothing like anything from Earth; given enough evolutionary time and an entirely different genetic structure.

and with the resolution as poor as the image it could even be indistinguishable.
I think this alone is enough to think of the image as nothing more than a bit of camera trickery. At least as far as we know. The thing is likely just a shadow that many of us are simply anthropomorphizing into something familiar.

Not unlike that rock formation found on Mars some years ago.

Of course I don't really know, but it being nothing more than a shadow seems more likely to me than it being some creature "chillaxing" on a rock up there or some leftover piece of equipment from the few Apollo missions that actually landed.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Vigormortis said:
I think this alone is enough to think of the image as nothing more than a bit of camera trickery. At least as far as we know. The thing is likely just a shadow that many of us are simply anthropomorphizing into something familiar.

Not unlike that rock formation found on Mars some years ago.
Obviuosly. Humans have very good ability to make assiciations from shapes. it helps us every day, but in case like this it could hinder objective observation. im sure some people will actually try to investigate this. and there will beplenty of youtube propaganda too.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Paraphrasing REM, "Would you believe, they found a man on the moon. Man on the moon!"

But seriously, the shadow is clearly wrong. Unless, you believe the alien has a humanoid shape, but slides around on his head.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
OR Satan!
That would prove my theory that Santa lives on the moon, not the North Pole and is in fact Satan with an anagram.
You mean Annual Gift Man, right? The guy who teamed up with Witch Bandora?

<.<

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
OR Satan!
That would prove my theory that Santa lives on the moon, not the North Pole and is in fact Satan with an anagram.
You mean Annual Gift Man, right? The guy who teamed up with Witch Bandora?

<.<
Oh shit, the Simpsons did it first... dammit dammit dammit. I should note that I stopped watching the Simpsons regularly and am not well versed in the lore... I must rectify that. Except that there isn't a comprehensive collection of Simpsons episodes online and I've eschewed DVD's as an expense I can't rectify in the budget no matter how low I set the food bar...

EDIT: I also should note that I had to google that because I was completely unaware, despite it being released in '97...

Lord Garnaat

Apr 10, 2012
That's no moon...

It's a space station.

I wouldn't get too worked up, it's probably just someone from the secret base buried deep below the Moon's surface, trapped outside by the shut blast doors and trying desperately to stave off asphyxiation.

Or it's a rock.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Oh shit, the Simpsons did it first... dammit dammit dammit. I should note that I stopped watching the Simpsons regularly and am not well versed in the lore... I must rectify that. Except that there isn't a comprehensive collection of Simpsons episodes online and I've eschewed DVD's as an expense I can't rectify in the budget no matter how low I set the food bar...

EDIT: I also should note that I had to google that because I was completely unaware, despite it being released in '97...
Hell, I'm just glad someone got it at all. My Simpsons jokes have been flying over people's heads of late.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:

Hell, I'm just glad someone got it at all. My Simpsons jokes have been flying over people's heads of late.
I think its even funnier that I had no idea at all about it and found out the Simpsons did it first... makes a meta-joke in South Park and elsewhere even more meta, if thats possible.

Demonjazz

Sexually identifies as Tiefling
Sep 13, 2008
Aha! The giants from skyrim must have finally completed their Giant Space Program and shot someone into the moon! I'm still waiting for the pictures of the giant space mammoth herds that can be seen from space.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
Sorry guys. I guess I should be more careful during my visits to the moon. Don't want to give people any weird ideas now, do I?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Jadak said:
Huh? The shadow looks like it's going in the same direction as the rest of them.
Strazdas said:
not sure if ironic, because the shadow direction matches.
The other shadows are being cast by craters going into the moon, rather than objects sticking out of it. The shadow on the crater is cast by the edge closest to the light source, falling towards the centre of the crater.

alj

Master of Unlocking
Nov 20, 2009
"Commander to the Situation Room"

I hope none of you are filthy alien sympathizers or XCOM is coming for you.

But seriously people have way too much time on there hands.

EDIT

Screw that it is an alien NASA fire up the Saturn 5 and get the troops over there to purge the xenos filth.