Aliens in America

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
WaderiAAA said:
They are the guys behind Hot Fuzz? Sold me on the movie!
Some of them. The director of that, Edgar Wright isn't present (presumably directing Scott Pilgrim), but apparently Pegg and Frost wrote and produced it.

aaronmcc

Oct 18, 2008
Delusibeta said:
Correction corner: Spaced was a Channel 4 show, produced by LWT (now absorbed into ITV Productions) and what was then the Paramount Comedy Channel (which is now known as Comedy Central). I have the box set, I should know these things.

(UK folks: If you haven't seen Spaced, it's all on YouTube [http://www.youtube.com/show?p=1qnQMXP-Eqg&tracker=show_v1]. US folks: you've got Hulu, stop whinging.)
Why is it all americans think that every british tv show is made by the bbc? a couple of weeks ago it was prime suspect. this was the first thing that i noticed about the article and it prevented me from reading further.

ZakCanard

Anas Charisma
Oct 17, 2007
Delusibeta said:
Correction corner: Spaced was a Channel 4 show, produced by LWT (now absorbed into ITV Productions) and what was then the Paramount Comedy Channel (which is now known as Comedy Central). I have the box set, I should know these things.
That's true but it was shown on BBC America in the US, hence the confusion. The same is true for more recent Channel 4 programmes like The Inbetweeners, which also mistakenly gets labelled as being from the BBC for the same reason.

cyber95

Feb 28, 2008
Delusibeta said:
(UK folks: If you haven't seen Spaced, it's all on YouTube [http://www.youtube.com/show?p=1qnQMXP-Eqg&tracker=show_v1]. US folks: you've got Hulu, stop whinging.)
What about us Canadian folks? I've been meaning to see Spaced, so what's MY option?

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Just two more blatant bits of promotion for Pegg and Frost, they both had parts in two seperate but wonderful sketch shows, that US audiences might not know so well - Pegg in 'Big Train' and Frost in 'ManStrokeWoman'

Pegg

Frost: