Aliens life discovered on Titan, interpretations.

WaNNaBJusTLiKeU

Jun 26, 2010
Syphous said:
This sounds like a load of bullshit to me. No source and that picture the OP posted furthers my suspicion.
Also picture I posted is an interpretation of what I think the life will look like ;)

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Jark212 said:
Hoping for the best:

Rrrrr, Titan'leks!

Well, if we can find other forms of life in our solar system it's probably either Saturn's Titan or Jupiter's Europa. We don't have many good conditions elsewhere.

Omega V

Apr 21, 2010
yes, the chemical imbalance in Titans atmosphere is very well known, and having an atmosphere that is not in chemical equilibrium is a good indication of life, however Titan is a complex, dynamic world, so there may be any number of non living chemical processes that are contributing to the imbalance. Life can only be invoked when all other explanations have been exhausted or when space craft have directly observed it.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Bored Tomatoe said:
Wait... Wait... We found relatively complex aliens...? This is fucking awesome...
I'm fairly certain that if this were the case we would most definitely have heard of it elsewhere first. Like, breaking news on all channels.

Syphous

Apr 6, 2009
LOLYOULOSEGIRL said:
Syphous said:
This sounds like a load of bullshit to me. No source and that picture the OP posted furthers my suspicion.
Also picture I posted is an interpretation of what I think the life will look like ;)
Oh woops, paying attention helps.

Syphous

Apr 6, 2009
Loop Stricken said:
Bored Tomatoe said:
Wait... Wait... We found relatively complex aliens...? This is fucking awesome...
I'm fairly certain that if this were the case we would most definitely have heard of it elsewhere first. Like, breaking news on all channels.
Exactly this^ Remember when they found worm tunnels or something on Mars and it was on like EVERY FREAKING CHANNEL for a couple weeks?

WaNNaBJusTLiKeU

Jun 26, 2010
Loop Stricken said:
Bored Tomatoe said:
A lot of people have raised concerns over this, people believe it should have received far more media coverage than it has.

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
Oh only four billion years to kickstart the process, guess I'll go make a cup of tea and wait then.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
I'll stay sceptical until they show some real evidence. It would be really awesome though if that was true.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
I think it would be cooler if we found proto life. Self replicating molecules processing the methane, we could learn so much about our own origins.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
maddawg IAJI said:
Ummmm ya, I want a source or I don't think I can believe you. Life so close to us (Well..compared to the whole universe) is a little hard to believe.
size and distance is quite irrelevent in an infinite universe. (given that it is infinite)
for as much as we know now. life can be anywhere.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
if I read that article right they have no concrete proof that there is life of any kind existing on the planet. What they have is a set of conditions that could mean there is simplistic life existing on the surface.

So in short they've got grilled bupkis with a side of bullshit soup. Yeah call me when they've got more than "an artist's rendition".

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
It says they've found circumstances that are right for life to exist, not that there is evidence of life.