Aliens life discovered on Titan, interpretations.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
rokkolpo said:
maddawg IAJI said:
Ummmm ya, I want a source or I don't think I can believe you. Life so close to us (Well..compared to the whole universe) is a little hard to believe.
size and distance is quite irrelevent in an infinite universe. (given that it is infinite)
for as much as we know now. life can be anywhere.
I know, but I just can't believe that are search for life barely even scratches into the Outer rim of our Solar System. Its like gearing up for an epic adventure, only to find that your target is right down the street.

Omega V

Apr 21, 2010
generic gamer said:
'Space consultant Miles OBrien' didn't clue anyone in? I despair for nerd-dom when a star-trek reference can go unnoticed.
so I wasn't the only one to notice? yay DS9 references

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Jark212 said:
Hoping for the best:

mmmmm Twi'lek...I would love a harem of them ^^

as for the article, I really hope we are able to find these things and get actual photos of them! Until they turn out to be hostile and come to Earth and attempt to enslave us...which could be pretty sweet actually >.> Yay! Interplanetary War with Alien Fish Creatures!

excited...sorry for lack of coherence

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
maddawg IAJI said:
rokkolpo said:
maddawg IAJI said:
Ummmm ya, I want a source or I don't think I can believe you. Life so close to us (Well..compared to the whole universe) is a little hard to believe.
size and distance is quite irrelevent in an infinite universe. (given that it is infinite)
for as much as we know now. life can be anywhere.
I know, but I just can't believe that are search for life barely even scratches into the Outer rim of our Solar System. Its like gearing up for an epic adventure, only to find that your target is right down the street.
Link you have to save Zelda! *link hurries of towards the door of his treehouse* when suddenly he hears a banging sound...it's Zelda trapped in the bathroom. *sigh*

yay i just came up with this. *rokkolpo stands in a proud pose whilst talking in a third person perspective about himself, he may be a little self obsessed*

WaNNaBJusTLiKeU

Jun 26, 2010
Shoggoth2588 said:
Jark212 said:
Hoping for the best:

mmmmm Twi'lek...I would love a harem of them ^^

as for the article, I really hope we are able to find these things and get actual photos of them! Until they turn out to be hostile and come to Earth and attempt to enslave us...which could be pretty sweet actually >.> Yay! Interplanetary War with Alien Fish Creatures!

excited...sorry for lack of coherence
It's all fun and games till we realise they have an natural imbdedded hatred for the human race.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Omega V said:
generic gamer said:
'Space consultant Miles OBrien' didn't clue anyone in? I despair for nerd-dom when a star-trek reference can go unnoticed.
where are you guys seeing that, I've read all three linked articles and the opening post and see no mention of O'Brian. Also O'Brian started on TNG not DS9.

Burwood123

Dec 2, 2009
More than likely it's a natural process... just like the carbon cycle here on Earth... It's doubtful that there is actually life there(because of -180degree temperatures), but exciting if there is!

magicmonkeybars

Gullible Dolt
Nov 20, 2007
Oh no, aliens, whatever shall we do...
I guess we'll be harvesting alien fuel within the next twenty years, if we're smart.

DannibalG36

Mar 29, 2010
Hold on guys, hold on... they haven't actually found life yet. Still, I'm waiting with bated breath.

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
Hmmmm...methane based? You know what that means? Their biology will likely be very different from ours, i.e. THEY CAN'T EAT US! In your face, Hollywood!

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
Have they ever landed rovers or something of the like on Titan? Perhaps the temperature could be suitable for life due to a "Super-Global warming" because of it's dense atmosphere of what we consider greenhouse gases.

Omega V

Apr 21, 2010
KeyMaster45 said:
Omega V said:
generic gamer said:
where are you guys seeing that, I've read all three linked articles and the opening post and see no mention of O'Brian. Also O'Brian started on TNG not DS9.
it says his name in the scroll at the bottom of the picture. Also, Although Miles O'brian first apeared on TNG, he only became a main character on DS9

BennoTheDutch

Jun 7, 2010
Well, uh, the way I read the article in a Dutch newspaper today, they said life could just exist on Titan - but that life would be methane based so when they come into contact with our habitat (or just the temperature) they'll probably quickly boil. No exiting first contact there.

Sorry, no source but it could easily be verified considering the boiling point of methane.

chessdragon

Aug 12, 2008
I know lets get America to declare war on them. We get cool new spaceships and one step closer to a Warhammer 40K type future

Life_Is_A_Mess

Sep 10, 2009
Hum! Sounds cool.
At last, something fun on this dull solar system.
They must be bacteria, or some kind of poorly developed fish, seashell or crustacean.
Better not poke too much into this, since we might ruin everything. :p