Aliens RP - Interest thread (CLOSED ALL SHEETS ACCEPTED - Check last page )

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Wow OP, your RP started in August. I have faith this one will be just as long, if not even more successful. The RPs I took part in died after a few months.
tobi the good boy said:
Twisted Earth.
Now to read![sub]The interesting part. My eyes hurt.[/sub]
EDIT:Hah, read it. Reminds me of Pulp Fiction. You know the scene.
Combustion Kevin said:
Nouw said:
But without a medic we can't needlessly shout "MEEEDDDDDDIICCCC!" like in many videogames and films!
I always thought the shouting of "medic" reffered to medication, not a field medic specifically.
although that would'nt make a big difference, come to think of it. >.>
I can imagine a situation where someone yells MEDIC and one comes dashing by asking what's the problem. "It's time for my medication. Can I have a cup of water?"

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011
@Nouw: I know it very well...

"In fact, what the fuck am I doing in the back? You the ************ should be on brain detail. We?re fucking switching."

I would've said that, had it been the man's brains that were coating the floor...

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
Mortis Nuncius said:

"In fact, what the fuck am I doing in the back? You the ************ should be on brain detail. We?re fucking switching."

I would've said that, had it been the man's brains that were coating the floor...
I still blame the dice.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Speaking of pop-culture references, are we allowed to make them in the R.P?

Dectomax

Jun 17, 2010
Nouw said:
Speaking of pop-culture references, are we allowed to make them in the R.P?
Oh yes, if you can fit a reference in somewhere and it genuinely makes me laugh, your character will find shiny things. :')

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011
tobi the good boy said:
Mortis Nuncius said:

I still blame the dice.
*points the finger of shame*

Your fault!!

Dectomax

Jun 17, 2010
Bravo 21 said:
Well, this is the first time I'm trying Forum RP, and I don't know much about Aliens, or weapons for that matter, so this should be interesting, here goes
Name:Erik Andersson

Appearance: 5'11", with recently shaved brown hair just starting to regrow, he is about 170 lbs, most of that in the legs. He has more than a few minor scars on his forearms, and a long scar stretching from his below his right shoulder to just above his hips. His nose has been broken at least once, and he seems to be in good physical condition, but with most of his strength in his legs. He has a poorly done tatoo of a hammer crossing a sickle on his left shoulder
Weapons:M41 pulse rifle(modified to accomodate a bayonet), M37 Shotgun, Knife, Incindeary+Frag Grenades,

Misc gear:
M10 body armor
Shiv(5" blade, handle wrapped in cloth, very sharp), he tries to keep this hidden, as it is non regulation
Shovel
basic medical gear(but no real medical experience)
2 Water bottles(1L each) steel
whetstone(for sharpening knives+the shiv)
Flashlight
3 Explosive charges
15m of climbing grade rope
3 MRE's
Ammunition

Personality:Quiet and reluctant to speak, generally keeps to himself until he gets excited, at which point he becomes loud, and energetic. Reluctant to speak up for himself most of the time, particularly when he is in new company. He likes to listen, but tries to avoid being asked to many questions, and becomes evasive when asked to much about his past

Back story:Grew up on an industrial world, born into poverty. Neither of his parents had much time for him, and he tried to work his way out of poverty by joining a gang, where he gained several of the smaller scars, he was semi-successful as a messanger, running drugs, weapons anything for the gangs higher ups. Eventually his gang was taken down by a larger gang, but he, being a minor, albeit somewhat useful member, was able to join in the larger gang, where he got his tatoo. His younger brother ended up joining up in the gang, as an enforcer. Eventually his gang "the reds" got involved in a turf war with another gang. In one battle his brother was killed, and he aquired the scar stretching down his back. He quit "the reds", and joined the marines to get offworld, unwilling to face either his parents or the gang he turned his back on. He went through basic, and this is his first mission, he has a fair bit of fighting experience, but has never had to stand in line when facing danger, usually choosing to get out of the line of fire, or just downright run away. he is carrying plenty of gear because he has no real idea what to expect, and because he is reluctant to give up anything, because it may become valuable later.
Postscript:I have revised this to make it more relevant/in universe, if anyone has any advice, feel free to let me know
I like the revisions - Sheet looks pretty good so far!

Insanity72

Feb 14, 2011
tobi the good boy said:
Dectomax said:
Tips_of_Fingers said:
Dectomax said:
Ok, I'll bite. Expect a sheet up at some point. I'l edit it into this post.

Also, @Mortis Nuncius: You're mad. That list of equipment is soooo long. I doubt you'll use even a 3rd of it lol. A mini vacuum-cleaner...really??
Why do I think half of my other RPs players are going to put sheets in for this? XD
My curiosity is piqued? Any demolitions 'experts' taken?
I put mine down as a combat Engineer, they use explosives, but also do other things.

Dectomax

Jun 17, 2010
4 Sheets have been accepted so far - Looking for another 3 at the moment. Deadline for Sheet's will be Friday 10PM GMT. Then I'll put together a user-group and begin writing up an opening post and hopefully get this thing started soon!

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
This is highly unstable... I'll probably edit some parts in the future.
Woohoo! French Medic chick!
Name: Astrid Petit

Rank (Below Sergeant): Corporal

Appearance: Astrid is 5'5 and lightweight. She appears to be rather tom-boyish at a first glance with her short blonde hair, brown eyes and small chest. She is agile and thin, without any substantial muscle mass.

Weapons- Primary: M41 Pulse Rifle, standard

Secondary: M4A4 Pistol

Misc gear:

* A relic of sorts, a worn out paperback book written in French
*A lightweight version of the standard bullet-proof vest
*A lightweight combat helmet with night goggles attached to it
*A small water purification system (Just Tablets and some cups)
* Two earplugs
* Ballistic goggles
*A flashlight
* Medical equipment:
- A tactical Tourniquet
- Emergency trauma Bandages
- Keflex gauze
- Hemostatic agents (to stop bleeding altogether)
- IV fluids. 4 16 gauge IV catheters
- Alcohol swabs
-Band Aids
-Cravats
-Iodine Swabs
-Nitrile gloves
-Hypodermic needles and syringes
-Morphine, Antibiotics, Tylenol (Mild pain reducer, anti-fever), Pepto Bismol Tablets (for your upset stomachs).

Personality: Astrid joined the military so she could become a doctor. It puts her in a difficult position ? she would prefer to not get shot at, but without conflict there would be no injuries. She is mostly quiet and follows orders. She is caring and will offer help to any soldier in need, regardless of the severity of their injury or illness. She is very stubborn when she puts her mind to it, a quality that shows itself whenever she is working with a patient ? she will not take no for an answer.

Back story:
Astrid wasn't supposed to live past seventeen. At the age of seventeen she had already escaped the failed country that was Haiti and fled to America. As a part of the American Army's new recruitment policy, skilled individuals were absorbed into service. She lied in her form and announced she had been a first year medical student in the University of Port-au-Prince. Doubtful of her qualifications, the military sent her to a series of tests to prove her worth.

She passed with flying colors.

Astrid was born to a family of seven. When she fled Haiti, she left behind three brothers, two sisters and her mother. Her father died when she was seven at an accident in the meat packaging plant he worked at. They had lived in the slums of the new Port-au-Prince, which was built on the remains of the old city razed by an earthquake almost a century ago.

As a young child Astrid was left to the care of her brothers and sisters. She would come with them to the new city and beg for coin, swindle tourists and occasionally take what did not belong to them. Her family was fortunate enough to pay for the rent and the food they ate even after Astrid's father had died. But then the plague struck.

It was like something from an Alber Kami novella. First there were dead rats in the southern slums, near the coast. Then it spread like wildfire through the crowded tin structures and the handful of barely standing brick buildings. When it reached the New City, nobody was safe from it. Jean was the first to get sick. When mother tried calling a doctor, she was told they were all in the new city, tending to the rich. None helped the people huddled together in the slums of the old city, except for one man.

Following the kind doctor around, she tried to get out of the way of her brothers as they worked in every job they could find to afford buying medicine for her sick sibling. The plague got worse and Astrid began to help the doctor in various menial tasks. As he treated the patients, he began teaching her everything she would need to know to help other in his absence.

The year had ended and the plague began to recede. Living rats were spotted in the streets and the rate of deaths dropped. But it was too late for three of Astrid's brothers. Astrid stayed with the kind doctor, as to lessen the load on her mother and learn how to cure others, something she couldn't do for her brothers.

She had embedded their memories on her body, the initials of her three brothers rest on the lower side of her forearm, "JMA". After the passing of her mentor, he gave her one of his greatest treasures to show her that people can still care in this absurd world.

Astrid was received in the USA and sent to the Military. She was trained as a Combat Medic due to her previous experience, and when she had finished with her training she was sent to see combat in space.

CRAVE CASE 55

Jan 2, 2009
Name:Sean Murphy

Appearance:6'4 feet tall. 260 LBS. of solid muscle. An absolute monstrosity of a man. has a standard high and tight haircut, and wears standard Marine armor, except he has it completely customized with random designs and symbols painted on it. Has a deep scar running vertically through his left eye. His Helmet has born to kill written on it.

Weapons: M56 Smartgun, and a Kukri with a handmade set of spiked brass knuckles as a grip. which is sheathed on his lower back

Misc gear: Prostetic eye, that can be used to record what he sees, and can switches modes to night vision, and infrared. (similar to predators mask) also carrys 2 extra power cells for his Smartgun secretly

Personality:a secluded man for part of his life, he dosent like people other than his squad which he sees as his family. He feels like a big brother to everyone else due to his size even to the Sarge. He is very protective of his squad. Not very smart but what he lacks in brain he more than makes up in brawn. Has neerly super human strength

Back story: Born in Dublin he was part of a street gang and got caught carrying a gun. Sent to jail for 5 years he spent most his time in Isolation for violent behavior. he spent all his time working out and when he got out he could easily deadlift the front of a car. He joined the Marines a while later under a fake identity to hide his criminal record. Only his squad knows his true past

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
Dectomax said:
4 Sheets have been accepted so far - Looking for another 3 at the moment. Deadline for Sheet's will be Friday 10PM GMT. Then I'll put together a user-group and begin writing up an opening post and hopefully get this thing started soon!
I believe I might not sign up for this one, I attempted to write a sheet but my brain was fried searching for what to really to put on it and If I can't write a good character, I can't play a good one.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Dectomax said:
So who's in so far?

Angus Young said:

Appearance:6'9 feet tall. 310 LBS. of solid muscle. An absolute monstrosity of a man. has a standard high and tight haircut, and wears standard Marine armor, except he has it completely customized with random designs and symbols painted on it. Has a deep scar running vertically through his left eye.

Weapons: M56 Smartgun, and a Kukri with a handmade set of spiked brass knuckles as a grip. which is sheathed on his lower back

Misc gear: Prostetic eye, that can be used to record what he sees, and can switches modes to night vision, and infrared. (similar to predators mask) also carrys 2 extra power cells for his Smartgun secretly

Personality:a secluded man for part of his life, he dosent like people other than his squad which he sees as his family. He feels like a big brother to everyone else due to his size even to the Sarge. He is very protective of his squad. Not very smart but what he lacks in brain he more than makes up in brawn. Has neerly super human strength

Back story: Born in Dublin he was part of a street gang and got caught carrying a gun. Sent to jail for 5 years he spent most his time in Isolation for violent behavior. he spent all his time working out and when he got out he could easily deadlift the front of a car. He joined the Marines a while later under a fake identity to hide his criminal record. Only his squad knows his true past
That's possibly the most Irish name you could have given him without including an O'y...

But more importantly, Kukri buddies, hurray!

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Phew I've been accepted. Although my laziness stopped me from making an edit, I was only going to give him flares anyway which I can just incorporate.

"What? Spare flares you say???"

CRAVE CASE 55

Jan 2, 2009
binnsyboy said:
Dectomax said:
So who's in so far?

Angus Young said:

Appearance:6'9 feet tall. 310 LBS. of solid muscle. An absolute monstrosity of a man. has a standard high and tight haircut, and wears standard Marine armor, except he has it completely customized with random designs and symbols painted on it. Has a deep scar running vertically through his left eye.

That's possibly the most Irish name you could have given him without including an O'y...

Haha all I did was take the two first names of the Boondock Saints

and thats funny I didnt know your char had a Kukri. its my personal blade of choice

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Angus Young said:
binnsyboy said:
Dectomax said:
So who's in so far?

Angus Young said:

Haha all I did was take the two first names of the Boondock Saints

and thats funny I didnt know your char had a Kukri. its my personal blade of choice
Yes, I myself keep a maintained gurkha issue kukri in my room.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
SteelStallion said:
Nouw said:
Phew I've been accepted. Although my laziness stopped me from making an edit, I was only going to give him flares anyway which I can just incorporate.

"What? Spare flares you say???"
your character makes me think of an homage to Vic Rattlehead for some reason lol, maybe it's your avatar. And I find it hard to imagine 6'2 and 180 pounds being buff. It isn't scrawny but you may want to bump that number up a little.
Thank you for noticing that now :D. I am clueless in the Imperial System so I wasn't too sure on the height and weight ratio. Which number should I bump up, the weight? And by how much?
EDIT:Actually, I think I'll change him to being scrawny to fit in with the theme of his character. How scrawny is my character?

And yeah I guess I already made a pop-culture reference xD.