All-Male Ghostbusters Film is in The Works

The Bucket

May 4, 2010
I look forward to us all realizing that men and women are the same when both of those movies come out and suck equally hard

FogHornG36

Jan 29, 2011
ki11joyace said:
Zhukov said:
Oh my God. That is such a cheap marketing gimmick.

Fucking hell Hollywood, will you ever stop pandering to the Reddit MRAs?

Enough is enough.
I'm an MRA and I demand 50 Shades of Grey be recast to represent me :p

(Put Karen Straughan as the lead.)
I would say she should write it, but then everyone would be asking "girl writes what?"

Ot: maybe if we were going to bring back the original cast, and make it that they are training the next generation, although that would really just bring up more questions of "why are you splitting the teams up based on gender?"

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
Well thank god, It's about time men get their fair shake in film. I can't wait to hear those oppressive female supremacists get mad because a studio finally put men in a position of power.

But seriously, if done correctly, this could be really funny, Of course, it is Sony, so I'm sure they will cock it up like the idiots they are.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
You know, instead of two movies people are now going to hate from the off, why not take Melissa McCarthy and Paul Feig away from the "all-female" one, can this "all-male" idea and stick Channing Tatum and the Russos on that first film.

Perhaps if they'd done that from the outset, it would've cut down on a lot of whining, from all sides.

P-89 Scorpion

Sep 25, 2014
Hairless Mammoth said:
Ugh. I was fine with the female Ghostbusters. That was all we needed. But this talk of more spin off films, TV shows and merchandising is like running into a field full of brick walls while blind folded. Sony's already hit a few of them even before Ghostbusters was dusted off.

Can you wait, Sony, and see what the turnout is for the movie you're about to finish, first? Please, don't go past pre-production for the next movie until you know how well the 2016 movie will do. I'd hate to see people already Ghostbustered-out just 2 years after the cinematic revival of the series.

(Also, can't we have a Luigi's Mansion crossover game, before making a third Ghostbuster team?)

There on a time limit it's been shown time and time again that in most cases a sequel needs to be out within 2 years any longer and people stop caring.

This is why Disney has till 2020 locked up in Marvel films plus all the new Star wars films. Why Warner has 3 Harry potter spinoffs planned and all those DC films and Universal already has 3 more Fast & Furious films planned.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Next up: An all Golden Retriever Ghostbusters film.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Oh God, oh no, oh please...

Let it end. Someone please, step in and stop this fucking madness! Just chuck some phoenix downs at Sony's shambling corpse, just please... won't anyone think of the Ghostbusters?!

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Sounds like it is going to be a continuation and not a reboot which is nice. If they were to reboot it and recast Egon that would be a slap in the face to Harold Ramis.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
"The good news is that the Ghostbusters revival train isn't just stopping with the all-female reboot"

Oh, that can be interpreted in different ways.

But yeah, looks like they went for the all female one, because it'd allow them to make the all male one they actually wanted to do.

kael013 said:
They'll stop pandering to the MRAs the same time they stop pandering to internet feminists (*cough* all-female reboot *cough*)
I think you rather missed the point there.

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
Sounds like the kind of lame idea film students get when they're drunkenly discussing old movies:
"How about we remake Ghostbusters, but this time with nothing but women?"
"No, no, no, how about this; we remake Ghostbusters but only with men."
"Wait, what about we make a Ghostbusters movie with latina women wearing hitler mustaches?

We need someone to come in and tell these people that remakes as cashgrabs and change for the sake of change is not something we want.
Hollywood should try to look to the future instead of just rehashing old movies with slightly different twists, and if that future includes male only and female only teams that is fine, just don't make it so blatant. It should be because the story allows or encourages it, not because someone wants to pander to a certain subset of the population, whether that subset be male, female or anything between or beyond.

Dandres

Apr 7, 2013
Releasing this information before the first movie is out is messed up and I hope is not going to end well.
Maybe Sony is afraid that original Ghost Busters will not make it till they can cast them in one, hopefully Bill Murray will avoid this Sony train wreck.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Hm.

Or the female version either, for that matter...but a franchise? God damn it, Dan. Just stop.

Too much Crystal Skull.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Phew! That's a relief. I was dreading having to go an see a film with women in it.

[small]If that's somehow too subtle for you, I am joking.[/small]

kael013

Jun 12, 2010
thaluikhain said:
kael013 said:
They'll stop pandering to the MRAs the same time they stop pandering to internet feminists (*cough* all-female reboot *cough*)
I think you rather missed the point there.
I don't see how. All-female Ghostbusters = pandering to the internet activists calling for more diversity. All-male Ghostbusters, according to Zhukov, = pandering to MRAs. I was pointing out (indirectly) how whatever they did, someone was gonna call it pandering.

EDIT: Oh, wait, was Zhukov being sarcastic? If so, yeah I missed the point, but I've seen people say similar things about other franchises straight-faced, so my point still stands.

wetfart

Jul 11, 2010
How are they going to explain all the different ghostbusting teams? Franchise opportunities? At the end of the last game (2009?) I remember the original team offers you to head up a new team in another city. I think Cleveland was one of them.