Allies in games that you actually liked

kannibus

Sep 21, 2009
Imoen from the ol' Baldur's Gate saga. Chucking spells, stealing stuff, disarming traps, ranged weapon proficiency and snappy patter.

Ibanez887

Apr 16, 2009
Fawkes was a good ally in Fallout 3, even though he did get me killed on numerous occasions due to his inability to not shoot something for more than 20 seconds

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
I would say Fawkes for being the best Fallout 3 follower, but I'll have to go with Tails.

Up until Sonic Adventure 2, he was just as good as Sonic but with the added bonus of being able to fly. You could use him with a second controller to fight the bosses while player 1 hid in a corner. Plus abusing him was funny as hell (though that is not a good comparison since Hell isn't something laugh at, even if it isn't real).

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Minsc, there can be nobody better than the worlds greatest Chaotic Good Berserking Ranger and his Miniature Giant Space Hamster Boo!

Vimbert

Aug 15, 2009
irishdelinquent said:
Seconded. I loved the level that had her in it, but I'm going to go with another sidekick from the same game and say Harry Tipper. You just can't beat lines like "This is the most fun I've ever had with another guy!" as you blast holes in wave after wave of enemies.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I like the comic relief sidekick in almost every game. Etna and the Prinnies in Disgaea, Barrett and Yuffie from FFVII, that annoying archer brat from Arc The Lad... it's hard to pick my favourite and it would take way too long to list them all.

Stu1701

Jun 29, 2009
The headbangers in Brutal Legend. I like them because I we have so much in common: psychotic metal heads who like to bang their heads against stuff.

Zaksav91

Oct 16, 2009
Jonathen from Perfect Dark, he kicked ass with those double magnums. I would also have to say dogmeat from Fallout 3, idk what it is about having a dog as a companion but it made it all the more personal if he died. I also liked Alyx from Half life 2 GAH!!!!!

Anomynous 167

May 6, 2008
quack35 said:
He doesn't count.
As he is a player charecter.

For me I'd say the TCTF from Oni, sure they don't follow you around and they turn on you in the final third of the game but when playing the Titan mod where there are 3X NPCs, they are a great help.

The_Healer

Jun 17, 2009
I was fairly fond of Elena Fisher in Uncharted...

Even though she was a complete waste of space in combat (especially on crushing difficulty)

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Tali & Wrex were the best in Mass Effect. They could basically take care of themselves, no matter what the game threw at them. Plus, they had some laugh out loud funny moments.

*Wrex shoots Fisk*
Kaidan: OH MY GOD!

kotorfan04

Aug 7, 2009
The Weighted Companion Cube. That guy was awesome, he helped deflect energyballs solve puzzles, and he had a heart on his sides. Also he never got in my line of fire.
Oh and uhmm a FUCKING mammoth in Brutal Legend...

blankblankblank

Sep 14, 2009
Pretty much everyone in the uncharted games. They actually add to the experience without ever hindering the game in someway.

CD repo man

Sep 10, 2009
ada in re4(and i guess re2 but i never played it)
HK-47 from knights of the old republic. he was my favorite party member...maybe it was his likeness to bender with his dialogue but i found him hilarious.
Father grigori from half-life 2. he was a badass. thats all i can say, really.