alright guys...can you help me with this? (school related)

cryogeist

Apr 16, 2010
right well i have a school wide project thingy where we have to ask 50 random people some kind of survey question. i was planning on doing "what is your favorite current gen gaming console" but my teacher apparently thinks that like...1 out of 100 people play video games...so now i have "what is you favorite type of book." (fiction, non-fiction. that kind of stuff)
also my school is pulling the biggest dick move since the dress codes. it went from being due the 31st to tomorrow...oh and i chose this site because i need 50 random people. you can't anymore random than the internet right?
so yeah that question: what is you favorite type of book. (fiction, non-fiction. that kind of stuff)
soo yeah please answer i need like 50 people...
EDIT: maybe i should mention it can be any type of book and not just Fiction and non-fiction. or i should ask to be more specific please.
EDIT 2: alright so maybe this isn't random...whatever the thing allows it to be random/biased
EDIT 3: well i got 50 people now. thanks everyone!

hittite

Nov 9, 2009
Fiction. If you need more specific than that, Fantasy and Science Fiction. I think I might like Fantasy just a little bit more than Sci-Fi.

Jamster003

Aug 13, 2011
Non-fiction mainly. You know... like the zombie survival guide, complete facts.

I do have a small collection of guiness book of world records from 2005-2011 so yeah, non-fiction.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Factual, military history.

Yes, the sci-fi/fantasy loving side of me is currently weeping in the corner. But I'm unapologetic.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
Fiction. Sci-Fi/Fantasy.

This is a very nerdy site, so I imagine that my response will be typical.

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
cyrogeist said:
my teacher apparently thinks that like...1 out of 100 people play video games...so now i have "what is you favorite type of book."
Congratulations, your teacher is a fucking moron. I'd be willing to be that there are ten times as many people who play video games as there are who read books, as sad as that sounds.

In any case, my vote goes to fiction. In specific, trashy horror paperback novels.

Davesdepository

Dec 6, 2010
This isn't even close to a random sample group so don't tell your teacher how you got this info (he or she will guess). I'm gonna go with fantasy/sci fi as a genre. Good luck withhe project.

cryogeist

Apr 16, 2010
Davesdepository said:
This isn't even close to a random sample group so don't tell your teacher how you got this info (he or she will guess). I'm gonna go with fantasy/sci fi as a genre. Good luck withhe project.
may i ask why you think this is not a random sample? i don't know like 99% of you people (entire site included) and thanks..hope i can get it done by tomorrow...

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
I like the Discworld series (and anything else by Terry Pratchett). Also crime novels, especially in the comical, over-the-top style used by Karl Hiaasen and Janet Evanovich. That said, I also read plenty of non-fiction - mostly historical military technology. (Zeppelins, armoured trains - that sort of thing.)

So, I hope your survey allows for both options!

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
One fucked up teacher you got there mate anyway to prove myself helpful:
Reality based books(A boy called IT, springs to mind).