alright guys...can you help me with this? (school related)

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Should have changed it to "Do you play video games?" Then ask here :p

OT: Fiction- Fantasy/Sci-Fi. Usually Fantasy over Sci-Fi but I enjoy both.

werty10089

Aug 14, 2011
Does the internet count as a book? If not then, Colouring books / Graphic Novels would be my preference.

orangeban

Nov 27, 2009
You're making me choose? Hmm, well if you made me choose then... comedy, fantasy, sci-fi, horror, historical thriller, non-fiction history, non-fiction science, non-fiction random facts... Hmm, looking over that list I don't appear to have been particularly helpful...

Princess Rose

Jul 10, 2011
cyrogeist said:
so yeah that question: what is you favorite type of book. (fiction, non-fiction. that kind of stuff)
soo yeah please answer i need like 50 people...
EDIT: maybe i should mention it can be any type of book and not just Fiction and non-fiction. or i should ask to be more specific please.
Fiction. Prose. Fantasy and Urban Fantasy. Historical Fantasy. Occasionally Sci-Fi.

Specific authors include: Jacqueline Carey, Lois McMaster Bujold, and Jim Butcher

baker80

Oct 17, 2008
Hahaha, lazy bastard. Go do your work properly and walk around asking people you actually know. I could be making up all kinds of shit for all you know. Asking random people on the internet is not proper research.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
fiction, usually mystery, horror, or adventure (boy goes on a journey or self discovery, man lives in a society of injustice, etc.).

SirDerick

Nov 9, 2009
cyrogeist said:
also my school is pulling the biggest dick move since the dress codes. it went from being due the 31st to tomorrow
If my school ever did that I just wouldn't do the damn homework (depending on how much in advance they warn me).

Oh and: Fiction.

cryogeist

Apr 16, 2010
baker80 said:
Hahaha, lazy bastard. Go do your work properly and walk around asking people you actually know. I could be making up all kinds of shit for all you know. Asking random people on the internet is not proper research.
well its a lot better then asking the school that is filled with people that hate you.
no really tried it... most people told me to go fuck myself

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
docSpitfire said:
cyrogeist said:
Davesdepository said:
This isn't even close to a random sample group so don't tell your teacher how you got this info (he or she will guess). I'm gonna go with fantasy/sci fi as a genre. Good luck withhe project.
may i ask why you think this is not a random sample? i don't know like 99% of you people (entire site included) and thanks..hope i can get it done by tomorrow...
A true random sample is impossible really, however this site is a bad site to use.

This is a site dedicated to Video Games and other nerd related interests. The average person here is likely a nerd and is more likely to give a nerdy answer than the average person.

Where as since everyone eats, if you were to interview everyone coming and going from a local grocery store until you had enough, you wouldn't end up with as bias a sample (however it probably will have some negligible bias)
The suburb in which you conduct this survey would have a large impact. For example there are (in my town) student suburbs, rich suburbs, bogan suburbs, young family suburbs, industrial suburbs with a few houses in, immigrant suburbs which started off as government housing and were bought out, woggy (Mediterranean nationalities) suburbs, Pommy Suburbs, Poor suburbs etc etc.

So yeah doing a survey in my current neighbourhood would result in a very high percentage of "Health freak" answers and "rich kid" answers and a few "student" answers. So things like those healthy microwave dinners, delicious shit you can't get without rich parents, and instant noodles.

In my old suburb you should expect a fuck tonne of instant noodles, and various types of asian foods, because I lived in a majority student/immigrant area and the large portion of international students who are Asian live in that suburb, the grocery stores reflect this.

cyrogeist said:
baker80 said:
well its a lot better then asking the school that is filled with people that hate you.
no really tried it... most people told me to go fuck myself
It get's better. Just stick at the books, get into a good uni and study physics or something. All the physics guys at my campus are awesome.

stefman

Jan 9, 2011
cyrogeist said:
right well i have a school wide project thingy where we have to ask 50 random people some kind of survey question. i was planning on doing "what is your favorite current gen gaming console" but my teacher apparently thinks that like...1 out of 100 people play video games...so now i have "what is you favorite type of book." (fiction, non-fiction. that kind of stuff)
also my school is pulling the biggest dick move since the dress codes. it went from being due the 31st to tomorrow...oh and i chose this site because i need 50 random people. you can't anymore random than the internet right?
so yeah that question: what is you favorite type of book. (fiction, non-fiction. that kind of stuff)
soo yeah please answer i need like 50 people...
EDIT: maybe i should mention it can be any type of book and not just Fiction and non-fiction. or i should ask to be more specific please.
EDIT 2: alright so maybe this isn't random...whatever the thing allows it to be random/biased
EDIT 3: well i got 50 people now. thanks everyone!
fiction, mostly fantasy, but i also like sci fi

sexbutler

Nov 18, 2010
Personally, I like the softer sort of fantasy like Harry Potter or His Dark Materials.

I dont much like Lord of the Rings and that sort of stuff. Problem is, its hard to find books like that that arent complete rubbish.

I also like space operas, especially from Peter Hamilton and Alastair Reynolds.

And of course, military history.