Alt+Escape: Don't Touch My Gems!

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
Da_Vane said:
Here's hoping that we get another Alt-Escape today! Fingers Crossed!

I've already played Alice is Dead II - it's pretty cool. Although it is not a browser game, I'd also recommend 'Digital - A Love Story' if you haven't tried it.
just as freaky. still had to consult a walkthrough, but thats because i was short on time
if people at the big E dont have time, i coud write an Alt+Escape, I have time on my hands and LOOOADS of interesting flash games

Da_Vane

Dec 31, 2007
The Cheezy One said:
if people at the big E dont have time, i coud write an Alt+Escape, I have time on my hands and LOOOADS of interesting flash games
Maybe you should. Might even be a way to get into the big E semi-permanently if people like it enough. I'd certainly be interested.

The Cheezy One

Dec 13, 2008
Da_Vane said:
The Cheezy One said:
Maybe you should. Might even be a way to get into the big E semi-permanently if people like it enough. I'd certainly be interested.
wow someone on the internet is enouraging! after picking myself off the floor, i will have a go.

P00dle

Feb 1, 2009
The Cheezy One said:
Da_Vane said:
The Cheezy One said:
wow someone on the internet is enouraging! after picking myself off the floor, i will have a go.
Do it!! :D
And put a link in this thread so we can find it.

The Cheezy One

Dec 13, 2008
P00dle said:
Do it!! :D
And put a link in this thread so we can find it.
Da_Vane said:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.201491-Ctrl-Tab-Viricide
Please be gentle
i was probably a bit too hasty in puttin this together, so it may not sound right

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Alt+Escape is on indefinite hiatus. It may well return down the road but it's part of long-term plans. Sorry, everyone!

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Eric the Orange said:
John Funk said:
Alt+Escape is on indefinite hiatus. It may well return down the road but it's part of long-term plans. Sorry, everyone!
sad face
I second this sad face. Especially since I have Fridays off - was a nice way to start the weekend for me.:\

(And side note: If something IS going on indefinite hiatus, I think the regular readers would rather know up front, even if it's just a note at the end of the final article. It's rather a disservice to make them wait and wonder.)

Da_Vane

Dec 31, 2007
Mind you, as one door closes, another door opens. The Cheesy One has made good on his promise and started his own series of reviews in homage of John Funk and his excellent work here with Alt+Escape. You can join the user group and see the latest reviews here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Ctrl-Tab] in the aptly named Ctrl+Tab. I wish John well with his future projects, and maybe we'll see him at Ctrl+Tab sometime to comment on the work he is directly responsible for inspiring.

Da_Vane

Dec 31, 2007
The Funkster has put Alt+Escape on indefinate hiatus. However, all is not lost, as the Cheezy One has created the Ctrl+Tab [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Ctrl-Tab] user group in honour of this column to help fellow junkies like yourself. So follow the link to salvation, and enjoy!

Straz

Jan 10, 2010
John Funk said:
ARGH NOOOO

emusega

Jan 17, 2011
I played this game a loooooong time ago. I admit that the mechanics are interesting and that the game itself is good, but there is one incredibly stupid flaw which ruined the game at the end:
The invisible and the dodging enemies.
Seriously, I don't really know what the other enemies do, because they all die fast and easy. But those two types of enemies are completely imbalanced in respect to the other ones.
Especially the invisible (ninjas I think) run through your maze dodging all towers on the way until you get like a millisecond where you are allowed to attack them. The game is ultimately broken at a later stage with a boss ninja and a rediculously short path. The only way to have a chance is to get a scare on the first shot and this never happened for me.

To summarize: Good game, played it a lot, but for heavens sake balance the enemies please.