Alt+Escape: Today I Die

heliosa

Jul 24, 2008
For those who need help finding the second ending the biggest hint I will give is that you only need to do one thing differently to get the second ending.

Evilbunny

Feb 23, 2008
Took me a few minutes but I found both endings. I really like this game. It's very artistic.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
MegMurph said:
I need a spoiler. I can't figure out how to play?
Basically, you're manipulating the environment to find words, and then replace the word of the same color in the poem. Figuring out how to find the words is the game part.

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
MegMurph said:
I need a spoiler. I can't figure out how to play?
For anyone having trouble, here's how to get started:

Click and hold one of the jellyfish - it will start glowing. Drag it around to avoid the ill-tempered sea bass until a new word for the poem appears.

I found it interesting, and an interesting little puzzle. It's like a very stripped down version of the different 'escape' flash games. With poetry.

Howlingwolf214

Dec 28, 2008
Virgil said:
I found it interesting, and an interesting little puzzle. It's like a very stripped down version of the different 'escape' flash games. With poetry.
And good music.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Brotherofwill said:
Man that thing had emo written all over it, well until the cheesy Hollywood ending.

Am I the only one not digging this?
If by "emo", you mean "facing personal demons and coming back from depression and possibly being suicidial to find a life worth living", then sure, it's "emo".

At least, that's how I interpenetrated it. And I loved it.

Avida

Oct 17, 2008
Well that was the best thing i've found on the net for quite some time, thanks Funk, and Keane for telling me there was a 2nd ending :)

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
Brotherofwill said:
Man that thing had emo written all over it, well until the cheesy Hollywood ending.

That's a rather unintelligent thing to say.
The initial poem was powerful in its darkness, sorrow and simplicity, much like a well-done Haiku. To see it change into something equally beautiful but more optimistic as you progressed was very emotionally strong.
Also, the second ending was amazing:
if you choose not to follow the boy, the poem changes into "Free world, full of beauty, today I swim, better by myself"

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Clashero said:
Brotherofwill said:

That's a rather unintelligent thing to say.
The initial poem was powerful in its darkness, sorrow and simplicity, much like a well-done Haiku. To see it change into something equally beautiful but more optimistic as you progressed was very emotionally strong.
Also, the second ending was amazing:
if you choose not to follow the boy, the poem changes into "Free world, full of beauty, today I swim, better by myself"
I already said that my emo comment was a joke, just a silly reference to the title of the game and poetry as the subject matter.

I honestly thought that it was pretty mediocre, usually I'm all over games that strive to be different or more intelectually challenging. Second ending was the only thing I really liked :D

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
That was great. At first I thought it was going to be one of those terribly obscure things taht I would never figure out, but it really wasn't too bad.

As for the second ending though. I guess I'll need to go back for another shot then...

Edit: Got it, that wasn't too hard either. It's pretty much the only thing you can do differently anyway.

October Country

Dec 21, 2008
Really interesting and different game with a truly good soundtrack. To have the poem change style completely by switching words one at a time was very well done.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Interesting to see it linked here. Someone sent me the link a couple of days ago and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Didn't know there was a second ending though, so it's worth another go for that.

The Infinite

Mar 30, 2009
That was a rather enjoyable little game. Made you think for a bit, had a good premise and awesome music.

Florion

Dec 7, 2008
I love this game! I also tried some of the other games that guy made; they are just as beautiful. <333