Suki the Cat said:
Hwoof said:
Suki the Cat said:
Vyce said:
Heresy grows from idleness.
Innocence proves nothing!
There is no such thing as innocence - only degrees of guilt
I love the Imperium of Man =3.

Your not a heretic.I tend to be a bit the other way around, I play a sequel and enjoy it a lot, but even tho people say the first one is as good or even better I still just wont bother playing it.

*ahem* Burn the heretic, purge the unclean!
Death to the False Emperor. That is all.

To be honest, I started to play ME2, and then my 360 died. xD So I haven't played it either. But I'm already a heretic, so that's all good and well with me. Stupid 360.

leonnasagawa

Dec 22, 2009
Well me personally I don't see you as a heretic but then agin I'm the type of guy who moves on to the next game without finishing the game I started playing first.

P.S. I always eventually finish my games though, lol I still haven't finish FF8 yet, last I played I was up to the final boss.

Mr Pantomime

Jul 10, 2010
I havent played them either. Im looking at picking it up, but cant be bothered right now.

Also, I never played Starcraft or Duke Nukem. My friends find that weird

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJlS8gE3GvAbTBMbiAEtQFSM1J9YllNBTR8uuEf019Lnq5as8&t=1&usg=__E_ByXp7K5a0XahZTQn9rDrwgmBg=

OT: I haven't finished ME1 yet so I'm going to do that first before I start the second one.

kingcom

Jan 14, 2009
Hwoof said:
Holy crap abit off topic, but i think i know you meestor (as much as one can know someone who plays the odd bit of TF2 on australian servers)

Dejanus said:
As a Bioware fanboy, I think you are an idiot, but I suppose that's what the Sesame Street boys call an 'opinion'.

Unless you are spending your free time indulging in Slaaneshi rituals in it's stead, you are not exactly a 'heretic'.
No just the ooujia board. Not really.

Sesame street also has the number of the day.
See thats entirely up to your ideology. If your one of those idiot Thorians, then yes, Slaaneshi rituals are totally bad but if your someone with half a brain and someone like an Istavian, your really just making the smart long-term move.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
If you're a heretic, then I must be some type of uber psycho heretic, as I haven't played either. I understand that it's probably a great game, but there's just some quality about it, but I can't put my finger on it, that makes me not want to buy it.
I like science fiction. I like Sci-Fi FPS games, I like Sci-Fi horror games, and I've played the occasional Sci-Fi RPG. But why I don't want Mass Effect I can't figure out. Maybe I find it too overhyped right now.

Naso

Mar 26, 2009
You didn't miss anything. The story is unfit to lick the boots of ME 1's story. Most of the time you're resolving the issues of your crew (Which is odd because i couldn't give a damn if some guy's son became a assassin for hire when i have to be investigating human colonies disapearing.). Don't bother playing it , it's a waste of time.

JLML

Feb 18, 2010
Hwoof said:
Vyce said:
Heresy grows from idleness.
Damn spacemarines. They get everything right
Damn right we do! Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean. *opens fire with a heavy bolter*

OT: No, you're not a heretic. Yes, you should buy, or at least try, Mass Effect 2. Yes, ME2 is better than the first if you ask me.

Also, if a later investigation shows you are indeed a heretic, we will send inquisitors to your home. And they WILL deal with you.

WittyInfidel

Aug 30, 2010
I wasn't a massive fan of ME1, but found it okay. I love ME2, however. Easily my fav between the two, and I have ME2 on my shelf.

He who suffers the alien to live shares in the sin of it's existence.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
The game is pure awesome.

Bear in mind that I hate the word awesome, so I only use it when something is really awesome.

So in the wise words of me, "buy that which is awesome."

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Sebenko said:
captaincabbage said:
Nah, you're no heretic, if you can even be labelled one for not playing a damn game.

I haven't played it either and I don't really care to. Playing the first game became a chore after a while and I had to bloody reload my game several times to leave a planet and level up, just so I could stop from killing Urdot Wrex.

Actually, Urdnot Wrex would probably be the main draw for me to play the second one, if anything. Fuck he was cool.
You're not missing much. It's now a generic action shooter, and Wrex isn't a party member.
BOO!! HISS!!

lol that is so shit, Urdnot Wrex is one of the best characters and a fan favorite, why wouldn't they let him back into the team in the second?? WTF?

In fact, screw it, they should just make a Mass Effect spin-off where you can play as one of the other species. I bet you can guess which species I would choose though XD

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
You only would be a heretic if you propagated that not playing part 2 is right. Thats what heresy means.
opposing a common belief in the opinion that this is the only valid truth.
/teaching

plus: me is dissapointed now after reading the headline and just finding another topic like this.

All real heretics come with me to the treehouse where we feast on cake and juice.

Cynical skeptic

Apr 19, 2010
I don't think anyone can honestly say ME2 was completely better than mass effect. Every issue that was corrected was balanced by a new, worse issue created. The unpredictability of the combat and unreliability of pretty much every skill/weapon in me1 was offset by me2 simplifying combat to the point of auto-play. The "size" of the world in me1 was offset by turning all of me2 into loosely connected shooting galleries. The inventory system was pure OCD banality in me1, the inventory system in me2 was overly-simplified banality. The pacing and some of the characters were better, the central plot and all of the sidequests were worse, somehow.

All in all, they're practically equal in quality, the quality was just completely redistributed.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Ghostwise said:
captaincabbage said:
Sebenko said:
captaincabbage said:
Nah, you're no heretic, if you can even be labelled one for not playing a damn game.

I haven't played it either and I don't really care to. Playing the first game became a chore after a while and I had to bloody reload my game several times to leave a planet and level up, just so I could stop from killing Urdot Wrex.

Actually, Urdnot Wrex would probably be the main draw for me to play the second one, if anything. Fuck he was cool.
You're not missing much. It's now a generic action shooter, and Wrex isn't a party member.
BOO!! HISS!!

lol that is so shit, Urdnot Wrex is one of the best characters and a fan favorite, why wouldn't they let him back into the team in the second?? WTF?

In fact, screw it, they should just make a Mass Effect spin-off where you can play as one of the other species. I bet you can guess which species I would choose though XD
You did get another Krogan in Wrex's place who arguably has a way cooler story and considerably more dangerous imo.
Argurably eh? I reserve that right!

I dunno, I saw a few videos of Grunt and he is cool and all (he is voiced by Steven Blum after all), but I don't like him as much as Wrex. Wrex is just cooler I think because he's the original. That and his scar, his awesome, awesome scar.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Hwoof said:
Yes i played Mass effect and loved it. No i haven't played mass effect 2, and i have no idea what it's about.

Am i a heretic for not having played the game, and not really actually caring about playing it? I probably could buy it...

I guess what i'm trying to ask is: "is it really that good that i should bother playing it?"
I just picked up mass effect 2 the other day and it's been pissing me off actually. I just landed on My first actually mission (not eden prime) and this massive machine just falls form the sky in a cut scene. Control is returned to me and before I can run behind cover, it shoots and kissls me in one shot. I had full health