Am I the only one passing on Brutal Legend...

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
You're not the only one. I like Jack Black, but the whole metal aspect of the game just doesn't interest me.

I won't be playing it.

Dancingman

Aug 15, 2008
Yeah, I don't like Jack Black very much, then again, I'm not really into metal, Jack Black's involvement was all needed to kill my interest.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Triforceformer said:
omega 616 said:
To me it just looks like a kiddies game, like spiro with layers and layers of metal on top of it and instead of fiery breath you get an axe, a guitar and a hotrod.

I hate spiro, so I will hate this game.
Except you know, with gore, cussing, Partial Nudity, Ozzy Osbourne, Demons from hell, an M Rating, and DECAPITATIOOONN! Very kiddie.

Also, I will be getting this game, just don't know when.
Did you not read "with layers and layers of metal on top of it" thats what I meant, I am surprised theres no drug taking and throwing of tv's but you can't have everything.

DesertHawk

Jul 18, 2008
The concept and artwork have peaked my interest; and though Jack Black is usually hit or miss for me, I really enjoy his Tenacious D/Metal personae. However, I have yet to see anything resembling compelling gameplay. Unfortunately, I am not familiar Tim Shafer's work; so I can't say that his name on this project inspires the same sort of confidence I see in others who talk about the game.

Despite my misgivings, though, I'll probably pick this one up.

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
Sorry, I'm a big metal fan, a Tim Schafer fan and a Jack Black fan... I'm getting this no matter what. Besides, it looks legitimately fun and funny to me.

I can see how some people wouldn't be interested though, and that's fine. I am completely disinterested in any CoD game that comes out and I'm sure I'm in the minority there too.

Arsen

Nov 26, 2008
pp2 said:
...because they can barely handle Jack Black in small doses, let alone throughout a full game?

This is hard for me because of Tim Schafer's involvement in the game, but I cannot handle listening to Black. For my money the guy is scarcely funny, overbearing, and a lousy musician.

I'll probably rent at some point because its a Schafer game, but I know I won't be able to get past Black's presence enough to put much time into it, let alone buy it.

Is there anyone besides me in the same boat?
I like Jack Black quite a bit and think he's a good guy, but his comedy style is very mediocre unless it's done absolutely right. Tenacious D has their moments, but overall the fact that one song contains nothing but references to bands everyone knows...yeah I know what you mean.

I like to watch Metalopalypse when it's on, yet deep down it hits me whenever I realize that metal as a musical form is not taken very seriously as a style of music. People refuse to put Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Rainbow, Uriah Heep, Deep Purple, and all these other great bands that started the genre next to the like of The Who, Jimi Hendrix, The Rolling Stones, and many other acts.

It displeases me to say the least.

CargoHold

Sep 16, 2009
Schafer's games are gold, and as much as I enjoy metal, Jack Black really does put me off.

But my love of Schafer games outweighs my distaste for Jack Black's mediocre humour. Anyone who doesn't know about Schafer, I say buy Psychonauts on Steam for $10 and enjoy.

TPiddy said:
I can see how some people wouldn't be interested though, and that's fine. I am completely disinterested in any CoD game that comes out and I'm sure I'm in the minority there too.
Well, that makes two of us in that minority club.

phrawger

Mar 12, 2009
man-man said:
I would play this if I could, but as far as I know there's no plan for a PC version and I will be damned if I'm buying a whole console for a single game.
This is my take on it. I love Jack Black and Tenacious D, as well as all other rock and metal, and the game looks fantastic, but I don't have a 360 or PS3. The RTS element in the multiplayer mode also looks like it'd be better handled on PC, so I'm disappointed that they won't be releasing a PC version (at least not at initial launch).

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
gamegod25 said:
To all you people not buying Brutal Legend, I will hunt you down and stab you in the jaw.
Best get a big serrated blade, because I'm not going down easily and I guarantee you'll lose at least 1 leg and half your right eye.

Apr 24, 2008
Yes, yes you are definately the only person in the whole world not buying this game. While that is saddening for the developers, I'm sure they will get by...in other news, who feckin' cares.

hemophobia

May 20, 2009
Dude... Really? You're going to abandon a game by the guy behind beyond good and evil just because of the lead character?
I think that I'm absolutely going to get it... May not be a day one purchase, but still!!

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
My only complaint about the game is the decision to include "back at the funny farm"on the soundtrack instead of "(we are)the road crew" which is 1:more relevant and 2:fooking awesome

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
ChromeAlchemist said:
gamegod25 said:
To all you people not buying Brutal Legend, I will hunt you down and stab you in the jaw.
Best get a big serrated blade, because I'm not going down easily and I guarantee you'll lose at least 1 leg and half your right eye.
We'll see because I'll be using this...

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
gamegod25 said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
gamegod25 said:

You couldn't even pick it up.
Even if you could, you couldn't swing it, and I have a whole damn armory at my disposal.
OT: I dunno much about Jack Black. He just seems meh to mee.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
gamegod25 said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
gamegod25 said:

Pfft. Average. I'll be carrying this: