Am i the only one who likes DA2?

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
Obviously the answer is no, of course there are others... but ive yet to actually see anyone say anything positive about it.
I loved DA:O, i played through it about 8 times and have done every quest. And i have to say i really like the gameplay changes in 2, the mass effect style voiced dialogue is great (although i couldnt go as a male hawke because i hate the voice acting for him)
The graphics are awesome. (especially compared with origins)
The combat is more fast paced, there's more animations which make it feel less like runescape and the skills web is a much better system, i really dont get how people are saying its dumbed down, its achieved what mass effect 2 could and streamlined without actually removing any of the rpg stuff.
The inventory management is much better aswell, much less hoarding, also making crafting easier.
There's probably stuff i've forgotten but basically i feel bioware have gotten the gameplay spot on, i've heard people complain its short but im 19 hours in and im barely half way through act 2 so they probably havent been doing the side quests.

My only complaints with DA2 is more aesthetic stuff, like how they've changed stuff that was already established in origins, like isabella is unrecognisable to how she was in origins, the qunari now have horns, the dalish are now all irish/welsh and some others as well but anyway text wall over..

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
I love DA2, i have no substantial complaints that are unique to this particular bioware game. I'm 27 hours in and not through act 2 so i don't want to hear any bitching about longevity either.

MisterShine

Him Diamond
Mar 9, 2010
The characters are more interesting.
No more generic plot to save the world (I liked DA:O alot and I thought the story was told well, but c'mon)
The combat is both more tactical and more exciting.
The ending is a sonovabitch, but in a good way.

There, I've said several good things about it :)

But seriously, there are many, many many threads discussing various aspects of DA2, lets carry over into one of those, shall we?

Danceofmasks

Jul 16, 2010
Well, the game is good, but not amazing ... so people are just enjoying themselves rather than raving about it.

meowchef

Oct 15, 2009
The game is awesome. The graphics are great, the combat is a ton of fun, the conversations are deeper and more engaging, the quests are better, the story is just as good.

Elamdri

Nov 19, 2009
It's a fine game, I'm enjoying it. Frankly gamers are typically unhappy unless they have something to moan and whine about, and most of them are too privileged to have ever played a truly bad game.

A few weeks ago there was a thread about "The Worst Game You've Ever Played" and the majority were ripping on games that have come out in the past 3 years or so (Halo, CoD, yadda yadda)

Not a one has ever played a TRULY bad game *cough*Superman 64*cough*

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
Christ sake, why is it every time I refresh these forums there's ANOTHER thread about DAII?
It's not even that important a game.

Did just nothing else come out this last few weeks?

Jason Danger Keyes

Mar 4, 2009
I got about halfway through and was having so much fun that it inspired me to boot up Dragon Age 1 and actually finish it this time, so I can import that save and start over DA2.

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
Oh, I pre-ordered at 3 months ago, but if only I could play it. Not that there is any problem with my hardware, it's just Nvidia users * DX11 = complete fuck up of the framerate. They realeased a Hi-Texture patch that fixed the rendering issues, but the framerate is so low that I really can't stomach it--especially when I paid 59.99 for it.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
ZombieGenesis said:
Christ sake, why is it every time I refresh these forums there's ANOTHER thread about DAII?

i figured i'd (somewhat) buck the trend and start a thread that was'nt moaning about the game (ironically im sort of moaning about the moaning but whatever)

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
This feels like a DA game for people who didn't like DA:O. Combat is more involving and can be quite fun. The dialogue wheel is inferior to DA:O's system, but you probably already figured that out.

The big improvement: Companions. Instead of hearing their life story at camp, you will do Companion quests throughout the game, slowly learning and getting to know characters. In my opinion, the companions are better, overall, then Origin's cast.

EVERY character is bisexual, so you can go FemHawke and still do the girls' romances. Merrill's is the best character arc and romance I've come across in a Bioware game.

-Copied and pasted from a message to my friend on Facebook because I'm a lazy bastard.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
I very thoroughly enjoyed it. I had some problems, but nothing major.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Note: You are never the "only one".

Second: Yes, I have enjoyed it immensely. Also, I'm starting my second playthrough tonight, going the Blood Mage route on a male Mage. Again. And then I'm going two female Hawke runs for the sake of it.

..And likely a Dragon Age: Origins playthrough to compensate for the saved game I had previously to switching OS's, as well. Busy weekend!

Wierdguy

Feb 16, 2011
Awesome game with a few lost potentials. Not quite as good as DA:O, but a worthy successor none the less

VincentX3

Jun 30, 2009
ZombieGenesis said:

This!
Really, I cant seem to come to the Escapist without their being a DAII thread.
Jeez it's annoying already

Now...
If it were Minecraft on the other hand...

Apr 28, 2008
VincentX3 said:
ZombieGenesis said:

This!
Really, I cant seem to come to the Escapist without their being a DAII thread.
Jeez it's annoying already

Now...
If it were Minecraft on the other hand...
Well then you must have missed Minecraft being in the news almost all the time in the past few months.

OT: I want to like it, but the damn thing keeps crashing on me. Which sucks, because my specs easily surpass the minimum stuff, and I'm playing on DX9 on medium. Same as the demo and the demo never crashed.

So yeah, until this little issue gets fixed, I can't really enjoy the game that much. Because crashing every hour is not fun.

DaJoW

Aug 17, 2010
In many ways I prefer it to Origins, already finished it once as a mage and started my second playthrough as a melee rogue earlier today. Origins was an excellent game to introduce the world, but I prefer this style of story. "Only you can save the world/land/universe!" has been done to death.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
ZombieGenesis said:

It's the most recent release, what did you expect? Just don't open any of the threads about it.