Amnesia DLC Now Free For Everyone

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
I once played Amnesia after being aware for 30 hours...mixing sleep madness with that game is a bad idea. I was subconsciously curling up into the fetal position while I hid from a monster in-game. Thank god I don't own decent headphones or I'd probably be dead now.

RoyalWelsh

Feb 14, 2010
I LOVE this game. The best and scariest horror game ever made imo. I'm glad this game is still being supported with free updates/DLC, <3 Frictional Games.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
HankMan said:
I'm just not into horror games, so I'd just as well forget The Dark Descent
Allow me to quote something from the game...

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/images/10/sept/am/am-text.jpg

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
THIS IS THE WAY DLC are supposed to be! FREE FOR THE PAID COSTUMERS! Pawn shopers pay!~ glory to the developers! (but we know the publishers gets most out of this anyways...)

JakeOfRavenclaw

Jan 13, 2009
I never got more than ninety minutes into this game. I would boot it up and just sit there, listening to the sounds of monsters in the distance, with my heart pounding and hands sweating. And then I would close the game again. Horror movies don't bother me, but games apparently touch a nerve, and Amnesia provokes a real physical reaction. I can appreciate it as a piece of quality craftsmanship, but there's no way I'm ever going to be able to finish it.

CplDustov

May 7, 2009
I bought this on Stardock's Impulse. Does anyone know if the DLC will be given out in that version too?

Atheist.

Overmind
Sep 12, 2008
Just_A_Glitch said:
I played about an hours worth of Amnesia on a friend's account, and it didn't really scare me. I'm still a bigger fan of Penumbra (plus, I've watch Toby Turner's Let's Play of Amnesia, and I can't imagine the game being scary now).

However, I still want the game, but $20 is still a bit rich for my blood. With how frequent Steam has sales, I can wait until it goes down to whatever it will inevitably be.
It will probably go on sale again, as it has been at least twice now.

OT : I played the Justine DLC when the Potato Sack came out and it was really messed up. They really give you some serious decisions to make and burdens to bear.

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
Iiiiiii don't have the update? Don't have the short stories? Don't have bonus content?

Last Steam update was in April?

WHAT'S GOIN ON

Sartan0

Apr 5, 2010
gideonkain said:
Amnesia is the scariest thing I ever played. I was so scared of it I would actually get anxiety when I'd double click the icon on the desktop, sometimes I would just quit it before I even loaded the game cause it was getting dark outside ^^
Yeah, for me after playing for twenty minutes I had to go run an errand. As I walked about the house looking for my car keys and shoes I kept looking at every door like I expected something terrible to jump out. Wickedly great fun!

CplDustov

May 7, 2009
CplDustov said:
I bought this on Stardock's Impulse. Does anyone know if the DLC will be given out in that version too?
Looking at the devs website I think I can answer my own question. Yes. I would appear so. Just need to double check.

fer1wi

Jun 4, 2009
I would love to get these free DLCs. Why don't I, you ask? I'll tell you!

I got the retail version....

I'm sad now...