Amnesia Follow-Up Outed as A Machine For Pigs

Bradeck

Sep 5, 2011
I am not a baddass. I can illustrate that through the fact that I literally caused myself to not sleep for a solid 48 hours because of that game....and I never finished it...damnit.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
OniaPL said:

The name reminded me of this. Watch it. It's totally awesome.
What. The. Fuck? Seriously, What the fuck? Something about that seriously creeped me the fuck out on a level I didnt even know I could go to.

Motakikurushi

Jul 22, 2009
Played Amnesia all the way through during nightly sessions in October, in the dark, with headphones on, and utterly loved it, so I'm willing to say challenge accepted. Having said that, the concept behind this new title sounds incredibly disturbing and they could go in so many different directions with it. And the Dear Esther guys are coming along for the ride? I doubt they can top Amnesia, but it sounds like they're going to try damn hard.

Drenaje1

Aug 6, 2011

This sounds...FUCKING DELICIOUS. Even though Amnesia scared the piss out of me, and honestly I can't recall if I managed to finish, I think I'll gleefully toss money their way for whatever twisted concoction they're preparing to release on the masses.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Andy Chalk said:
"This world is a machine. A machine for pigs. Fit only for the slaughtering of pigs." Yeah, that's not creepy as hell or anything.

Yeah...

Somehow my youth is coming back to haunt me...
Wrong song for this Root.

As scary as hell as those hammers are.

OT: Not gona touch this game. In fact, I'm moving to Mongolia now.

ANImaniac89

Apr 21, 2009
These pics kinda reminds me of the Nine Inch Nails Closer Video.

An now I have March of the Pigs playing in my head.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I can't wait till fall 2012 now. I love Amnesia: The Dark Descent so I am sure I will love this too. I wonder if it will have a steampunk setting from what is shown in the second piece of concept art.

Feb 13, 2008
Tiger Sora said:
Wrong song for this Root

As scary as hell as those hammers are.
"Another Brick in the Wall" is where the Mincing machine picture's from.

TBF, most of Floyd's work verges on social commentary and nightmare fuel.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
Oh this sounds great and horrible. A game made by FG and possibly the creators of Dear Esther? Sleepless nights, here I come.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
So, I'll just start pissing myself in terror now, that way maybe I'll have run dry by the time it comes out. Yay! Solving puzzles in a (steampunk?) slaughterhouse for survival. This sounds awesome. Cannot wait to have to buy new pants.

lacktheknack said:
Xpheyel said:
They try to make it sound scary but all I heard was "free bacon".
http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/82/82865.jpg

Free Bacon!

Nope, that makes it even worse.
Oh. Right. Manbacon. The other bacon.

Jeyl

Aug 10, 2010
*Looks at the tunnel picture*

Looks like someone REALLY wants to get home.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Irridium said:
Anyone else getting a "lord of the rings hobbit hole" vibe from this?

Because it looks like a hobbit's home after the resident snapped.
Almost looks like water on the other side (at least I hope it's water). That, mixed with the look of the hallway in the other picture makes me think that the game starts on, at some point goes to, or possibly takes place entirely on... a boat.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
I've been waiting to save up funds for Amnesia, and now I've got something hopefully just as good to be ready for.

I've played half of Amnesia. It was incredible(y scary). Hehe.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Shawn MacDonald said:
lacktheknack said:
Shawn MacDonald said:
Well I hope it is better than Amnesia because that game wasn't scary at all. All I did was run through the entire game because I couldn't defend myself.
Stop playing Frictional games, then. "Helpless Sprinter Horror" is the only kind of game they make.

OT: I'm very afraid. I wonder if they can top the Amnesia "Chapel Choir" for pure unadulterated disturbingness.
Stop making the same game and try something different. Something very childish to me when someone just says, "stop playing their games then." Game in question wasn't scary to me and you need to accept someone elses opinion.
I HAVE accepted your opinion. And I just said that you're clearly not going to like their next game.

Not accepting your opinion would be "GAH, NO, AMNESIA WAS TERRIFYING AND YOU'RE WRONG LALALALALALALA".

But reality is reality, and reality is that you're not going to like this new game. They've made the same type of game four times, I doubt they're going to change it because you didn't find it scary.

And how is it childish to say "Well, you clearly won't like it, as it's what they do, so don't keep playing" when the alternative is "Keep playing them and get disappointed every time"? Frictional fills a nice niche that you're not part of the audience for (undefended protagonist runs from visceral terrors), so you continuing to play them would be like me continuing to play Call of Duty even after I've realized that I dislike war shooters.

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
imnotparanoid said:
lacktheknack said:
OT: I'm very afraid. I wonder if they can top the Amnesia "Chapel Choir" for pure unadulterated disturbingness.
Oh lord the choir, This is an accurate depiction of me when I got to the iron maiden
As soon as the iron maiden did its thing I hit the pause key, left the computer and didn't come back for half an hour and then didn't play the game for another hour, an hour spent seeking moral support from friends on steam.

I can see this game turning a lot of people into vegetarians!

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Frictional is making a new game? WHELL, THAT'S UHHRR-KHURR CUZ I TUHTALLY WUZZENT SKAIRD BY THA FURST WUN U GUAYZ AR WUSSEZ!!!!1111
OT: I am very excited for this. I loved Amnesia, despite having not played it again since getting a new computer that can actually run it decently. I haven't played Dear Esther, but I have heard that it's good. I like the title, too. A Machine for Pigs. The more I think about it, the more disturbing it becomes in my mind. I like it.

zombiesinc

One day, we'll wake the zombies
Mar 29, 2010
I think there's too much involvement for me to get through any quality horror games, as much as I love the horror genre. Even so I have no doubts I'll eventually buy this game. I suppose I should get back to Amnesia, hey?

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
I imagine Amnesia has to be played alone to find it scary. I watched a full Let's Play, with the Let's Player freaking out and screaming and I didn't find any of it scary.