Among your gaming friends, what are you known for?

Lineoutt

Sock Hat
Jun 26, 2009
no oneder said:
I'm known as the gamer friend, since I'm the only one who enjoys it.
Yeah same. Life sucks >.<

OT: Recently I went from shit on a stale piece of bread to pretty sweet at fpses. Yay me. I finally can place 1st on online matches.

rabidmidget

Apr 18, 2008
The one who gives half a damn about indie/arty games.

Also the one who has the pipedream of wanting to be a game designer/programmer.

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
I'm known to be the creative one. I find effective and unorthodox solutions to the challenges presented. Enemy camping around a corner? Pop a smoke,and flank them from the other side,while they expect someone to run through the smoke. Sniper? Kill him with a well placed/bounced grenade,or go full auto on his sorry ass (You'd be surprised at how few people use grenades in modern shooters).
I'm also known to be the retro/nostalgiac gamer. I'll present to you three non-AAA titles from the PS1/early PC gaming era. Let me know of you recognise them,and STILL PLAY THEM. I'll let you figure out the platform.
The Legend of Dragoon
Gothic
Total Annihilation
Most people I know have no idea what these games are. They're missing out. BIG time.

Feystar

Jun 19, 2010
In WoW I was known as the oracle, for my encyclopaedic knowledge of quests and instances.
In MW2 I'm known as the demon vending machine, because of my evil riot shield.
Among my friends I'm renowned for my love of driving games.

kimba_lion

Mar 12, 2010
im the kind of gamer to read everything, get every item, and kill everything.

in multi player im normally the first person in the highly infested bad guy zone... just for the hell of it and i snipe with a sub machine gun and am getting pretty good at it if i dont say so myself...

OminousFool

Jul 22, 2010
I get called either an idiot or a sarcastic terrorist. In any game I always use the most annoying/strongest weapons and dominate/annoy at all cost, either that or I always jump into a group of enemies and either try to suicide grenade or rocket frenzy. Killing my buddies in MW2 on hardcore can be entertaining.

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
I'm the most relaible team mate/ if i get bored i wil TK you. Happens all the time too, on halo.

Lem0nade Inlay

Apr 3, 2010
ianrocks6495 said:
Cheveyo said:
I'm know for BEING THE ONLY GOD DAMNED PERSON WHO ACTUALLY READS THE FREAKING QUEST TEXT!

*cough*
Yeah, it gets annoying.
Yes. This.

"What do I do?"

"Did you read what it said?"

"No."
Oh man, you guys got it.

"Dude, can you help me with this?"
"What do you have to do?"
"I don't know."

-I usually haven't even played the game.

OP: Also I'm usually the one who knows all the stuff about a game before it comes out...
Yeah, I'm cool like that.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
When me and my mates play RDR I'm known at the neck-shot master. XD

I don't know why, but at least half the time in deathmatch I shoot people in the neck. Sure it's not as glamourous, but goddamn it's hilarious to hear my mate cry out "Not in the neck!" for the hundreth time.

peduncle

Jan 27, 2009
the one who actually reads the manual BEFORE playing, the medic/battle medic, the one who prefers rpg/jrpgs to fps's, the one who turns off the game, goes on the internet, and researches EVERY friggin thing about the game for the hell/enjoyment of it.

crazypsyko666

I AM A GOD
Apr 8, 2010
I'm (obviously) the dedicated psychopath. I'm the one you can rely on to run around and chop people's faces off in games where that is not at all the intent. I've survived for about 20 minutes in GTAIV against a group of cops with nothing but a baseball bat.

Protip: You can knock the guns out of their hands.

nicholaxxx

Jun 30, 2009
StriderShinryu said:
The guy with the memory. I'm always the one who remembers the secret codes, hidden rooms, boss strats, weird easter eggs, etc. from back when games, you know, actually had them. Even to this day as long as I've done it once or twice, or even just read about it in some cases, I remember it.

Oh, and I'm also the fighting game guy. None of my friends ever want to seriously play me in a fighter as, even if it's a brand new game none of us have played before, I'll beat them.
yeah, pretty much exactly the first one, except with names, locations OST track names etc... even if I don't even own the game

then my friend and I would be the second ones, we just kind of dominate every fighting game we play.

Cronky

May 24, 2010
Pretty much the self appointed "Jack of All Trades".

If there's multiple classes in the game, (MMO, FPS, RTS, Fighting) I'm usually the one who clicks random and goes from there.

Usually a tiny bit better with a couple classes (Sniper, as is seemingly Everyone), but I am one of those people that actually likes the Healer class in games.

If I don't click random, then I usually just figure out what's needed and be that.

Or the guy that always plays the good side of games with "Choice".