An anime that made you cry

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
Evangelion, that was a pretty intense anime. It's probably the most divisive anime of all time (hate it, or revere it) but you can't deny its depth.

I actually hated Asuka for the entire show but her redemption in the End of Eva movie made me weep...Okay it wasn't much of a spoiler.

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
The Kenshin Samurai X OVAs and one scene in FMA: Brotherhood
when Winry faces Scar to deal with her parents' death and breaks down
tugged at me at least a bit, but I've never cried at an anime. I'm in the middle of watching through Elfen Lied and Gurren Lagann, so I'll see about them.
Kamina's death
surprised me a bit, but it didn't get at me too much.

James Crook

Jul 15, 2011
Oh, you watched Ouran High School Host Club too?
Man, that anime was great: the story was great, the premise was great. You almost cried at the ending that's right?
I had a tear in my eye in Code Geass' debut episode. A MANLY TEAR. Why? Because Lelouch's an absolute badass.
thespyisdead said:
the end of Code Geass...
You know Lelouch is still alive, right? Or it was because of the emotion of all the flashbacks together and the slow-mo "death" scene?

<spoiler=All the people who said Grave of the Fireflies>
Zeriah said:
Grave of the Fireflies.

My god it is the most depressing thing I've ever seen, it's literally a story about two young children getting shit on over and over and over again until they die. I could barely watch it =/
Wolfwood1203 said:
Closest I ever came was for Grave of the Fireflies. Which I now want to see again to find out what its effect will be all these years after the first time I saw it.
SODAssault said:
Grave of the Fireflies. S'it.

S...Sei...ta...
Oh, I certainly remember watching that in French class once. (French name: Le Tombeau des Lucioles)
Good lord, half of the bloody class was practically in tears at the end. I wasn't. Why? I can't, for the life of me, remember why I wasn't crying.

Urgh76

May 27, 2009

The only anime that will ever make you cry willingly.... over the death of a ship.

Wereduck

Jun 17, 2010
Can't believe there's only one mention of Wolf's Rain so far. Toboe demands your salty tears!
...and nobody here's shed a tear over Ergo Proxy or Trigun?

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011

still has the best explosion music though...

I couldn't finish the Clannad movie or series... too depressing.

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
Like others, I cried at the end of Grave of the Fireflies. That anime had impact.

Oh, there was another one... I cannot remember the name of it... Give me a moment. It was a manga about cats. Cat Paradise. That was it. Anyway, it's a manga about talking cats. At the end of it the one cat is just meowing at his owner and it crushed my soul with its finality.

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
Never have. Came very, very close to it during S-Cry-Ed, when
Cherisse died (or however you spell her name)

Kolosus

Apr 22, 2009
Adrian Neyland said:
The Girl Who Leaped Though Time
I was about to say that Elfen Lied was the only Anime that made me cry, but i remember now that i have cried several time during animes, including The Girl Who Leaped Though Time. That story was really touchi... errh, i mean BLAAARGGH, MONSTERTRUCKS, TITTS, FOOTBALL, aarrghgh!

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt. I think it was episode 9?

I teared up a little bit.

thatman

Feb 16, 2011
Nearly cried at summer wars, and then cried MANLY MANLY TEARS at tengen toppa gurren lagann

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Elfen Lied, both the anime and the manga. I just want a happy ending, god dammit, it's the few types of media I just wanted everyone to merrily skip into the sunset.

Outlaw Star, not really crying, but sad, because I really didn't want the series to end.

DarkAngryWolf

Oct 28, 2011
I know this might sound stupid, but I cried at the end of Dragon Ball GT. It was said to see the entire thing come to a close. Goku's final words were what really pushed me though.

The Girl Who Lept Through Time was close, but the ending seemed too happy to cry over, and I ended up watching the English dub, which was kind of crap. Not that bad really, buy not even close to good.

Sorry, but I haven't gotten a chance to see any overly serious or sad stuff, just action and yuri. Well, Strawberry Panic! was like that, but it never made me cry.

Particulate

May 27, 2011
None. I've only wept in a handful of live action films, never at a television show or anything animated.

Sandwichboy

Aug 25, 2010
Adding another vote to Grave of the Fireflies and adding Barefoot Gen. Both are true "horrors of war" stories through the eyes of children, and there are absolutely no punches pulled. If you can get through Grave without tearing up, I'm pretty sure you're an emotional cripple.