An antagonist that you absolutely loathe

Swyftstar

May 19, 2011
Carboncrown said:
This thread has a curious lack of Game of Thrones.

I'm not sure he counts as an antagonist but... you-know-who.
Most of the people in that book are loathesome. You are gonna have to be more specific.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Rolo from Code Geass R2. Fucking monster doesn't get any sympathy from me.

Also, Governor Tarkin from Star Wars. The Emperor gets a pass because he's just a cackling maniac who is so over the top and hammy. But TARKIN? That guy was fucking ruthless. Pretty much the only other person who could tame Vader, and responsible for the biggest war crime in galactic history.

When sending delegates to hear peaceful anti-war protestors, Tarkin had the ship land ON TOP of the protestors, killing hundreds. His primary motto was "Rule through fear of might, rather than might itself", but that did not stop him from using superweapons on peaceful planets, or committing genocide just to prove a point.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
Scarim Coral said:
Octogunspunk said:
Hmm, my seething hatred usually dissipates after an enemy has had a thorough arse-kicking and hopefully gruesome disembowelment.
Currently despise the One Piece World Government for its actions. Not to mention the world nobles (Tenryuubito) are rotten. I would much rather side with Blackbeard than ever give those bastards an inch.

I always will hate Roberto from Monster, and the school bullies in Elfen Lied, even though both met a bloody demise.

Scarim Coral said:
From the anime One Piece, I hate Spandam for ruining Franky family and what he did to Nico Robin during the CP9 arc.
There also Nena Trinity from Gundam 00. She ruining Louise life which she did it out of whim. After that I have no sympathy to what happen to her next and her brothers (I see it more as an eye for an eye during that event).
I agree. Ali Al Sarshes too, what a nasty psychopath he was. A-laws were the worst of the bunch though. Also hate Azrael in Gundam SEED. You have good taste in anime by the way. Fairy Tail, Stand Alone Complex... :D
Thanks, I would of listed more (Samurai 7, Samurai Champloo, Paranoia Agent and Tenchi Muyo etc) but the Interests space is somewhat limited.
Awh man I competely forgot about Ali Al Sarshes, A-laws and the Tenryuubito.
Thank to you I just remember the ass of a son Andrei Smirnov from Gundam 00 season 2. By all mean I love Sergei Smirnov but his son on other hand is a different matter. Sure he got daddy issue but he never seen to understand the concept of sacrifice his mother made. He's also a hypocrite when he try to get Louise to let go of her hate and yet he does not let go his hatred toward his father.
I never forgive him for what he did to Sergei and I didn't care for his redemption in the movie.
Ahh yes, Paranoia Agent. Want to watch that sometime. I have more on my Anime-Planet, I added a link on my profile.

I won't either, you just don't forgive someone for patricide in the name of a corrupt government.

Puddleknock

Sep 14, 2011
Both the Ashfords from Resident Evil Code Veronica, though Alfred in particular. They were just really grating. I didn't want to kill them due to narrative or gameplay reasons, I just didn't want them to talk anymore.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
The only thing that's coming to mind is "Mom".

http://www.shh-mom.com/wp-content/themes/obscure/timthumb.php?src=http://www.shh-mom.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/isaacmumcutscene-1024x592.png&w=608&h=280&zc=1

Heavy implications of pre-game abuse, ONSCREEN abuse, tortures and hunts her son because of the "word of God" (it's implied that that was most definitely not God), partially responsible for the horrific things Isaac fights. Fantastic. I don't regret crying you to death, at all.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Suzaku from Code Geass, I usually don't "hate" antagonists in the way the OP's described but the amount of hypocrisy that spews from Suzaku's every being is terrible.

It's the perfect hateable combination of hypocrisy and self-righteousness, in fact you can play a fun game with him, watch all 2 seasons of Code Geass in one sitting and take a drink every time he contradicts himself or behaves like a man-child.

I wish you luck not dying of alcohol posioning halfway through.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
The fat queen from Final Fantasy 9, I was so annoyed when Freya didn't get to gut her, I mean the fat queen pretty much committed genocide on Freya's people and in her death we just get Garnet (or dagger, whatever) just crying over her as she apologies for not being a good mother (or something) Freya didn't get a single spear stab on that fat *****.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Joffrey from Game of Thrones.

I dispise him so much it's almost quite beautiful.

Carboncrown

Oct 17, 2009
Swyftstar said:
Carboncrown said:
This thread has a curious lack of Game of Thrones.

I'm not sure he counts as an antagonist but... you-know-who.
Most of the people in that book are loathesome. You are gonna have to be more specific.
I suppose
But the mountain just... lacks a personality to really hate. Jamie and Cersei at least aren't sadistic, and the later books humanize them even more. Joffrey on the other hand has no redeeming qualities, and c'mon, he killed my nigga Ned.

Besides that, I don't remember any major characters being loathesome. Maybe Lady Arryn, but she just went bonkers with the whole poisoning of her husband and a sickly child.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
The Wykydtron said:
Suzaku from Code Geass, I usually don't "hate" antagonists in the way the OP's described but the amount of hypocrisy that spews from Suzaku's every being is terrible.

It's the perfect hateable combination of hypocrisy and self-righteousness, in fact you can play a fun game with him, watch all 2 seasons of Code Geass in one sitting and take a drink every time he contradicts himself or behaves like a man-child.

I wish you luck not dying of alcohol posioning halfway through.
Suzaku is an interesting case. He was definitely a conflicting character in the first season, only really starting to lose it after Mau Mind Raped him and he learned the truth about Geass. But in R2 he just becomes an irredeemable asshole in the blink of an eye.

Magicmad5511

May 26, 2011
I actually have none that I can think of.
I love the villains in games and films. They're normally written with more complexity and depth so I have difficulty hating them, especially when they start being awesome or messing with the hero's head.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Soviet Heavy said:
When sending delegates to hear peaceful anti-war protestors, Tarkin had the ship land ON TOP of the protestors, killing hundreds. His primary motto was "Rule through fear of might, rather than might itself", but that did not stop him from using superweapons on peaceful planets, or committing genocide just to prove a point.
When did that happen? I don't remember that from the movie, so I assume that's from one of the books...I'm looking for a new book (stupid last book of Wheel of Time not being out yet...)

edgecult

May 4, 2011
Well lets see... This isn't a hard one at all for me.. LUCA BLIGHT! (and to a lesser extent rowd for gleefully riding shotgun on all his "fun") I mean seriously screw that guy... Gleefully slaughters children in front of other children. Burns down a big boy scout camp just so he has an excuse to pack up his boyz and burn down other people stuff just for the sake of well boredom relief I guess.. and feeding a big wolf thing too maybe... but mostly because he's a psychotic monster in human skin and does evil things for the sake of making you hate him. Seriously when you make Yubar look like the nice guy between you two there's no redeeming yourself.... at all... ever.

Shaughn Caso

Mar 29, 2010
In movies: Surrogates, I absolutely HATE the dreds, the are just so damn annoying, elitist, and they believe they are above the law because of a stupid treaty.

In games: battlefield 3, Solomon
He nukes France and tries to nuke the US, but has no apparent motivation other than to be an asshole. he doesn't try to get anything actually accomplished, he kills Miller on camera, and sends hundreds of men to their deaths at the hands of player characters.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
The old beldam from The Mist. Both the short story and the movie.

Also, the bullies from the manga Life.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
tippy2k2 said:
Soviet Heavy said:
When did that happen? I don't remember that from the movie, so I assume that's from one of the books...I'm looking for a new book (stupid last book of Wheel of Time not being out yet...)
It isn't shown in any of the books I know, but it was mentioned several times. He also had a superweapon named after him, and he had secretly built a Death Star prototype hidden inside a Black Hole Cluster.

BishopofAges

Sep 15, 2010
If I had to pick for myself, I absolutely hate
Atlas/Fontaine, completely douche throughout the game no matter if he's guiding you to almost certain death or just regular certain death, I got serious gratification when the little sisters stabbed the crap out of him.

But thats just me.

Captcha: $val FelVants, this shall be the name of my next D&D character, rogue or possibly bard.

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
An antagonist that I absolutely despise? Shou Tucker from the Full Metal Alchemist. That guy was disturbing as fuck, on multiple levels.

zombie4hire

Nov 22, 2011
Professor Umbridge from Harry Potter is easily the most horrible person I've ever read about. She tortures innocents and children and enjoys it. She doesn't care about right from wrong as long as she has power, which she then lords over those below her. I hated to Crucio her so bloody bad.