An Artist's Vision of a Disney Halloween

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
I'm honestly surprised how many of these I didn't recognize; either what they were dressed up as or which characters they originally were. That said, Aladdin as Ash makes a lot of sense to me. Kind of what a young adult Ash might look like, sure. Also, where's Cusco?

EDIT:
Revnak said:
The last one is a lie. There is no such thing as male Supernatural cosplayers.
Wait, what? Wow. I actually watch that show.

Despite that, I had no idea that's what they were supposed to represent before I read your comment. And I still have no clue who the hell they actually are (not their costumes, the characters wearing them).

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
SilverUchiha said:
Not gonna lie, while I do like the art and some of the pics I really enjoyed (agreed with Aladdin and Abu) there were a good number I had the following problems:
#1 - I know the costume, but I don't know who the character is supposed to be
#2 - I don't know either the character OR the costume they're going for.

Regardless, all still good art.
Yeah, I had the same problem. Good art though.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
So An Artist's Vision of a Disney Halloween looks exactly like Every Other Artist's Vision of Disney Characters.

tetarga

Aug 10, 2009
Is someone on the staff friends with this artist or something?
Also, the art isn't very good, except for the wonder woman one, which is inconsistent with the rest.

Jakabok

Oct 23, 2014
The Beast as Hulk instead of X-men's Beast. You lost me.

Annnd then Quasimodo as Austin Powers. Ok, i'm back in.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Hey, I remember these! They're quite good... Though the Cruella Deville one made me feel uncomfortable...

Capcha: Hold Your Tongue

I'm being serious here!

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
That ariel as black widow and rapunzel as meat bun head are quite nice.

Some of them though are a bit vague and lack some of the more easily identifiable facial features of the characters that are wearing the costumes. Like I've no idea who guy as johnny bravo is. Though I guess a lot of disney characters are pretty much defined by their default outfit.

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
LazyAza said:

Some of them though are a bit vague and lack some of the more easily identifiable facial features of the characters that are wearing the costumes. Like I've no idea who guy as johnny bravo is. Though I guess a lot of disney characters are pretty much defined by their default outfit.
I'm pretty sure that the Johnny Bravo one is Hercules.

I loved Jafar as Michael Jackson. That was hilarious. So was Quasimodo as Austin Powers. Beast as Hulk has gotta be my favorite, though.

byte4554_v1legacy

Feb 23, 2010
As sick as I am of these re-imagined Disney characters, I really liked at least 2 of them. Specifically, Quasimodo, and Milo, though maybe that's just because I love those characters anyway.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
Can't we get the Disney characters dressed as other Disney characters and complete this circle already?

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I came in expecting another bunch of lame images we'd already seen before, but a lot of these were fucking hilarious. Granted there were a few where I either couldn't tell who the Disney character was or had no idea what they were dressed as, but they majority of them they I did know we're brilliant.

Sep 14, 2009
Apothecary2 said:
Okay someone has to tell me who that is dressed as Johnny Bravo.
Hairless Mammoth said:
Apothecary2 said:
Okay someone has to tell me who that is dressed as Johnny Bravo.
That's puzzling me, too. It can't be Gaston because he doesn't look like a total jerk (and nobody cosplays like Gaston). Maybe he's one of the generic princes from the pre-Little Mermaid era.
LazyAza said:

could be wrong, but I believe it is teenage/young adult version of hercules perhaps?

He had to change the hair to pull the johny bravo look off, but the smile/eyes/eyebrows reminds me of hercules, his eyebrow color matches hercules natural hair color more.

OT: loved the mako one, shang is definitely a "let's gown to business" kind of guy like mako.

edit: looked at the guys deviant art page, in the gallery he mentions it being john smith, whoops.

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
gmaverick019 said:
could be wrong, but I believe it is teenage/young adult version of hercules perhaps?

He had to change the hair to pull the johny bravo look off, but the smile/eyes/eyebrows reminds me of hercules, his eyebrow color matches hercules natural hair color more.
A friend of mine pointed out its meant to be john smith from pocahontas as johnny bravo, not hercules. Herculess had a very particularly shaped nose and chin even as a teenager and the guys face matches john smiths "generic handsome guy" face.

No surprise that pic was confusing given john smith is about the blandest male love interest character in a disney movie ever up there with the prince from cinderella and erik from little mermaid.