An Introduction To Dubstep.

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
AC10 said:
"wobble tracks would be played ironically." "...ironically..." [HEADING=1]"...ironically..."[/HEADING]
DAMNIT, HIPSTERS :p but seriously, wobble? Care to enlighten me as to this mysterious genre?

Liking the responses so far, it's better than most of the stuff I've heard so far.

Daftmau5

Apr 6, 2011
You need to get your hands on some Skrillex, man
Psycho-Toaster said:
Pretty much 90% of the replies to this thread will probably be Skrillex.
More like 5%, bro.

deathninja

Dec 19, 2008
PoisonUnagi said:

Glitchstep artist. This guy's so awesome, that if I type "win" into the url bar, it directs me to this song.
Purely coincidence that I played that in perfect sync with your avatar :p

I'm not sure about dubstep, it's too varied to count as a genre I think. The stuff that's like chiptunes+breakbeat I like a lot, but I feel that most just descends into muddy bass and sirens just because it can.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
The Diabolical Biz said:
AC10 said:
"wobble tracks would be played ironically." "...ironically..." [HEADING=1]"...ironically..."[/HEADING]
DAMNIT, HIPSTERS :p but seriously, wobble? Care to enlighten me as to this mysterious genre?

Liking the responses so far, it's better than most of the stuff I've heard so far.
I honestly don't even know if Wobble is technically a real thing, it's just what everyone around me seemed to call things with wobbly bass. I even have a CD by a local Toronto DJ called "At least it's not wobble!"

Think of it as the precursor to Dubstep; in the same way that breakbeat got faster and then split into Hardcore and Drum and Bass (old-school hardcore and old-school drum and bass are the exact same genre, at least as far as I know.). Some people just started exmerimenting with very wobbly sounding basslines (I believe they are also known as "rollers") and it caught on in strange ways.

Despite using electronic equipment, the elctronic music scene is surprisingly organic and divided. In one part of the world mixing freeform hardcore with happy hardcore could be a very large faux pas wherin another part of the world it could be flat out expected.

Daftmau5

Apr 6, 2011
AC10 said:
The Diabolical Biz said:
AC10 said:

I honestly don't even know if Wobble is technically a real thing, it's just what everyone around me seemed to call things with wobbly bass. I even have a CD by a local Toronto DJ called "At least it's not wobble!"

Think of it as the precursor to Dubstep; in the same way that breakbeat got faster and then split into Hardcore and Drum and Bass (old-school hardcore and old-school drum and bass are the exact same genre, at least as far as I know.). Some people just started exmerimenting with very wobbly sounding basslines (I believe they are also known as "rollers") and it caught on in strange ways.

Despite using electronic equipment, the elctronic music scene is surprisingly organic and divided. In one part of the world mixing freeform hardcore with happy hardcore could be a very large faux pas wherin another part of the world it could be flat out expected.
According to Wikipedia, "wobble" is:
"Deep oscillating bass used in dubstep or drum and bass music"

I guess it's just used to describe dubstep, kinda like how people say "WUBWUBWUB" when they talk about dubstep.
Not a genre or anything.

ChaoticKraus

Jul 26, 2010
Sure, call me mainstream for picking Skrillex. These are still the two best dubstep tracks i've heard.

The power of these babies are impossible to deny.