An Occupational Hazard

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
An Occupational Hazard

Purveyor's of high brow satire for the intellectual comic enthusiast.

Read Full Article

Jan 12, 2012
I like how both poo and poop are tags, and that they lead to different networks of tagged articles. The Escapist's filing system is confusing, but entertaining.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Eh, soft target, I feel. There's no way to repeat what they said without it sounding like a joke as it is.

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
CEO Andrew Wilson: We screwed up. We punished players by trying to wring money out of them. We won't do that again.
Head of Mobile Frank Gibeau: People jsut weren't ready for how awesome it is. If we try again, maybe people will just give in this time.

I know CEOs talk pure marketing sometimes, but I REALLY want to know whether they actually disagree, or if Wilson is talking pure BS.

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
thaluikhain said:
Eh, soft target, I feel. There's no way to repeat what they said without it sounding like a joke as it is.
The funny part is that this is a joke that has two punchlines and they both work. The sad part is that one of the punchlines wasn't intended as a joke.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
008Zulu said:
Unless they do something to correct the mistake, does the "apology" even really count?
I would say no. given they will do the same exact thing in the next 5 games.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
008Zulu said:
Unless they do something to correct the mistake, does the "apology" even really count?
Nope. A lot of people in PR (amongst others) would have us believe it does. "Fauxpologies", they are called.

(Swap "correct the mistake" with "not do that again" if you like)

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
Days/comics like this it's really annoying to be colourblind (I can't differentiate between red and brown). I thought it was blood (and didn't get the joke) until the comments :(

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
"High Brow Humour To Nuanced For You Filthy Plebs" indeed. xD

Eleuthera said:
Days/comics like this it's really annoying to be colourblind (I can't differentiate between red and brown). I thought it was blood (and didn't get the joke) until the comments :(
Should have checked dem tags.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Hoplon said:
008Zulu said:
At this point I'd call EA's business model outright fraud.

Releases broken, shove it out the door and patch it when we can. "Oh.. people don't like it? Spin some PR nonsense, they'll buy it again in a year anyway."

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Hoplon said:
Or that they have more than five other games pulling this crap. Which they didn't get such a rabid response to.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Look, I defend a surprisingly large amount of money grubbing from a lot of companies, including EA, but that comment was so out of line with reality, so blatantly false, the person who will bend over backwards to defend financing models that will personally make me not want to touch the game with a fifteen meter pole, cannot defend it. It wasn't just a false comment, it was trying to put the blame on a incredibly bad and panned product on an audience that clearly knew better than to buy it.

Malbourne

Ari!
Sep 4, 2013
Hmph! Typical method of dodging the question. Don't fall for it, Erin; you're better than that!

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
Whaaaat that's exactly the scenario I imagined when I read the original article. Except the journo was just a generic guy. Scary...

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
I like how this comic is tagged with both "Poo" and "Poop" because you wouldn't want someone to miss it is they were only searching for one or the other.

Very thorough.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
I love how on the fifth panel it looks likes Erin knows what exactly is going to happen.
Shit happens y'know?

Although with EA ...